ZSR Forums
May 15, 2024, 03:24:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Impromptu Speedrunning - Sunday July 11th, 2010  (Read 109021 times)
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #180 on: January 10, 2010, 02:12:41 AM »

OoT became more popular before it was realized how pro bombs were. I'd imagine that is one of the major reasons lol.

ded
Will0
Regular Guay

NEEDZ MOAR GORON MASK!!!!!!!11!!!!!1!

Email
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2010, 02:36:13 PM »

I'm absolutely terrible with some glitches, but i'd be willing to do any impromptu, you can probably count me in for the next one if I can get my camera to work. I'll work on getting a webcam to stream.

<Elminster>: ok my grandma's out of the basement
<ingx24>: how does everyone not see how ridiculous it is for a faster run to beat a slower one
Elminster45
« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2010, 10:03:33 PM »

Well for a hypothetical WW impromptu an open-ended goal would have to be carefully selected. Like maybe get X amount of figurines or something. Of course with the time-consuming sailing and lack of SBs, an impromptu may take a while, and will probably >_< deter people who DO play this game. I can see TP being run for this _eventually_, but WW is a longshot. Which sucks because I would love to do something like this for all the games.

At least we have ILs though.

Wait...

WE NEED WIND WAKER IL PAGES

And I think someone should open an impromptu topic in the MM board.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2010, 12:00:41 AM »

Well for a hypothetical WW impromptu an open-ended goal would have to be carefully selected. Like maybe get X amount of figurines or something. Of course with the time-consuming sailing and lack of SBs, an impromptu may take a while, and will probably >_< deter people who DO play this game. I can see TP being run for this _eventually_, but WW is a longshot. Which sucks because I would love to do something like this for all the games.

At least we have ILs though.

Wait...

WE NEED WIND WAKER IL PAGES

And I think someone should open an impromptu topic in the MM board.

I second the need for WW IL's.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

*Founder of "Satirically Serious Reviews"*

« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2010, 04:24:35 AM »

Well, if I can find a copy of Collector's Edition before then, I may (keyword being may) try my hand at this impromptu thing.

Who knows, though? I'll think about it...

<BlueStarReturns> what if you tried a superslide in real life?
<Blizzbutt> you would divide by zero
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2010, 10:21:06 AM »

maybe we can start MM impromptus with something easy as first to hop a fence with epona or something more complicated such as first to kill twinmold.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
´+-~^_cOoLk1D_^~-+`
Deku Scrub

« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2010, 03:40:08 PM »

I'm absolutely terrible with some glitches, but i'd be willing to do any impromptu, you can probably count me in for the next one if I can get my camera to work. I'll work on getting a webcam to stream.

Fuck yeah, lets be rivaLz.
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2010, 08:10:03 PM »

The GBA version of A Link to the Past would be interesting [Mirror glitching is more reliable than the Save & Quit glitch on the SNES]. Like get Bombos without using the Mirror in the Dark World (it is possible there is a way).

Unless I'm missing the point that Impromptu runs are more focused on the 3D games?

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2010, 07:16:26 AM »

maybe we can start MM impromptus with something easy as first to hop a fence with epona or something more complicated such as first to kill twinmold.
Epona should take about five minutes and twinmold under half an hour (time after completing firt cycle).
So that would be really really boring imo...

I could host I think... if Cosmo coache me a little beforehand on how to do it.

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
LinuzDk
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2010, 02:45:16 PM »

Hey, i would really like 2 join up, i've been watching some of Brianmp16 and Jiano's vids and really liked the idea. Can anyone tell me what i need to do for joining the 30 january? I got the equipment for recording my whole playtrough aswell
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2010, 02:53:13 PM »

We should probably make an FAQ or something for this...I know the IL rules are all up on the IL page but the Impromptu ones I don't think are.

Basically all you need is to show up in the IRC chat, LinuzDk, and post updates during cutscenes, etc. of how you are doing. Then at the end, you just say "I'm done" in the chat, and you should be able to record the last 20 seconds (phone camera, webcam, recorder, pretty much anything just for proof) to show you really did finish.

It's more fun to have the entire thing recorded or streamed, but that's not necessary. So if you want to by all means do it.

Are we for sure doing MM on this one? If so, the issue of the 1st cycle should probably be dealt with.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Jiano
Special Guay

Sun+Jiano
« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2010, 06:01:55 PM »

Are we for sure doing MM on this one? If so, the issue of the 1st cycle should probably be dealt with.

There's no way around doing the first cycle. I mean it's pretty easy anyway and it's similar to having to do the damn rupee route and lullaby in every OOT impromptu. So I think it's fine how it is.

The problem is can we even get 5 people to participate. I guess this will be good to see if MM is even an option for impromptus. My guess is going to be no.
mysticremen11
Regular Guay

hyes!

« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2010, 09:05:50 PM »

well i know for sure if i can ill be doing this impromptu

<@Cosmo> ive only drawn naked people recently
RBABot   [SEEN] elminster was last seen in #zelda 0secs ago saying ".seen elminster"
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2010, 09:23:42 PM »

There's no way around doing the first cycle. I mean it's pretty easy anyway and it's similar to having to do the damn rupee route and lullaby in every OOT impromptu. So I think it's fine how it is.
I also don't see the problem. People make it out like it's going to take forever, when in fact you are through in about half an hour.
Besides it is a part of the run, since you can set up different things for the rest of the run.

The problem is can we even get 5 people to participate. I guess this will be good to see if MM is even an option for impromptus. My guess is going to be no.
I honestly don't see the problem. I think if we do MM Impromtu they will come. (with they I mean the people who usually do impromtu)
Impromptu is all about winging it and I don't see them not knowing as much about MM as a big problem. The physics are similar to OoT and you can read up on how to achive your objective in about 5 minutes.

I think I have a good idea that even MM-noobs should be able to figure out really quickly, that still provides the possibility for a lot of different routes and should be fairly entertaining, imo.
So vote for me hosting the impromptu. Wink
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:32:50 PM by Slowking » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
mysticremen11
Regular Guay

hyes!

« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2010, 11:52:36 PM »

if there is an MM impromptu im in for sure

<@Cosmo> ive only drawn naked people recently
RBABot   [SEEN] elminster was last seen in #zelda 0secs ago saying ".seen elminster"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: