ZSR Forums
May 16, 2024, 12:57:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 458457 times)
TheOnlyOne
Regular Guay

« Reply #330 on: December 29, 2011, 02:19:42 AM »

With saving on the title screen, we can at least do something interesting. We can get to that part of skyloft when it is supposed to be unreachable. I can only think of two times when this is the case: at the very beginning of the game before visiting Zelda by the goddess statue (you could jump off the building to die,) and during the Eldin capture. I’m really not sure what the first one would do (what the state of the town would be) and I’d guess that escaping Eldin would permanently screw you over, but they’re both worth a shot.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #331 on: December 29, 2011, 02:22:07 AM »

well i dont know how save file overwriting really works with rules, (especially for SDA  Tongue) but is there anywhere that warping instantly saves alot of time except for the obvious times you can skip flying there? What if you BiT during a boss fight like Improsoned 1, or the horde on ghirahim 3? and would leaving the eldin capture make it so you still have no items? all stuff people to test, I wanna play with it when I can.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #332 on: December 29, 2011, 02:34:16 AM »

Holy shit. I just saved while loading a file and it ended up pretty cool. The name was fucked up as one blob character and I had one heart. I died when I loaded the file, but with codes I could load it. The file had the BiT lighting and all the effects, but I lost all the items as I saved over my file 3. Imma try saving over file 2 with my completed file on number 3. I'm just thinking of usage in a legit run, where we can't use any other save files.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #333 on: December 29, 2011, 02:53:34 AM »

Save file corruption. Wow. Frame perfect saving, here we come?

Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #334 on: December 29, 2011, 03:43:09 AM »

Well i got it to start a new file from a save point. Basically it started the new file in the BiT map, with no items etc, but I was able to go straight into the goddess statue and get the sword. The thing is, after I left, Skyloft was in the original state, so the Zelda cutscene start. This means that you could go straight to save the bird afterwards. Only thing is, I saved onto a first run file, so no hero mode yet. Still, there is potential on cutscene skips here. Pretty much this is the order.

BiT
Save while loading
Goddess Sword/Tablet
First Zelda Cutscene
Bird
Race
Leave

Ofcourse, this skips the shield, and may not let you leave skyloft(I've run into this with skipping the goddess sword, and this sequence would put you into the state before Fi). More save corruption here we come. BTW, whats the earliest place we can BiT?

Edit: Would a topic just for BiT be useful? Its been a big thing in other games, and I assume we will want to post everything.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 05:45:07 AM by Abahbob » Logged
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #335 on: December 29, 2011, 03:59:16 AM »

Probably a BiT topic would be a good idea. But probably earliest place is fall damage off of school building, if its high enough.

Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #336 on: December 29, 2011, 04:00:21 AM »

Meh, i screwed up. yeah that should work.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 05:45:38 AM by Abahbob » Logged
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #337 on: December 29, 2011, 04:07:22 AM »

Would the cave leading to your bird work? Not sure if a BiT helps at that point.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #338 on: December 29, 2011, 04:09:35 AM »

It should, as the game is in BiT mode until after you draw the sword. After that, you can leave. After exiting, Zelda is there. After that, it starts the finding the bird sequence, even though you have the GS. So you can skip talking with Groose and getting the Training Sword
TheOnlyOne
Regular Guay

« Reply #339 on: December 29, 2011, 04:20:10 AM »

The earliest you can BiT is before the first Zelda cutscene. If you go around the goddess statue the way Fi would lead you, after you climb up to the statue, you can jump down for damage. I just tested it out from a clean hero file. Saving at the bird statue on the title screen and loading the file gets you past both closed gates. You can enter the shop, and trying to get a bottle/buying a shield results in a blank text box and you get nothing. Entering leaving a building loads the town as normal and you can go see Groose, skipping the Zelda cutscene. Although this is probably slower anyway. =P If you go into a house in the neighborhood and sleep in the bed, you can exit at night, but there doesn’t seem to be anything interesting to do. The academy is locked and Fi doesn’t appear, going to the goddess statue does nothing. I think there’s a bit more to try with this, but I’m tired so I’ll pick it up tomorrow.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #340 on: December 29, 2011, 05:00:48 AM »

Edited: Well I got a Training Sword skip. Pretty much you have a blank hero save on 1 and 3. It may work with just one on 3, but I like using the first save. So you activate BiT behind the goddess statue like TheOnlyOne said. You get next to the gate closest to the statue and jump off right next to it, so you will spawn right next to the bird. Save at the bird, then load the file you just saved on using the already open select screen. If you quit, the save will be blank again. After you load it, you will be in BiT with no menu. Go into the goddess statue and take the sword. Now run out and talk with Groose. You can skip getting the training sword and continue like normal. I really doubt this is faster though.

The best thing from this is that if you save while in BiT, load the file from BiT, then go into a house and leave, and save again, your time will be 0:00.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 05:42:43 AM by Abahbob » Logged
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #341 on: December 29, 2011, 02:53:08 PM »

Erm so it's in french but basically this guy was caught at the eldinn thing and when he got his items back they were all upgraded to the max.

http://forum.palaiszelda.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=9641

Don't know if it could be any useful (only useful upgrade is beetle I guess ?), but you never know :p

Well apparently he patched his save because of the game breaking glitch, so I guess it comes from that.
Zogrim
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #342 on: December 30, 2011, 10:27:50 PM »

When you're on your way to the water dragon for the first time (following that small water minion who thinks that you're some kind of intruder) you can skip the animation (and the text) where this thing swims behind the wooden grid and says that you're too big to get through it.
Just spinattack early enough and hit the grid. very easy to perform.

same goes for the waterjump you have to perform shortly afterwards
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #343 on: December 30, 2011, 10:37:23 PM »

Because of faron woods OOB you can just skip that part anyway :p
Could be useful for a 100% run, that's all ;p
NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #344 on: December 30, 2011, 11:10:18 PM »

Because of faron woods OOB you can just skip that part anyway :p
Could be useful for a 100% run, that's all ;p

Dont OOB faron woods in a 100% run, because if you skip these part, you will loss a divine cube.... it happens to me

Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: