ZSR Forums
May 14, 2024, 10:25:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: 100% Segmented Discussion [NG+ Saw]  (Read 128108 times)
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #165 on: August 30, 2012, 10:44:21 PM »

I was hoping that the light arrow cutscene would play instead of the one I warped into, but it didn't. Oh well. And then when I dropped MS it played LACS instead of making me child. >_>

I'm gonna route water (this will probably amount to taking a look around on an old file and then copying most of the normal OoT route...) later tonight probably and then I'll make a decision.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:52:17 PM by r0bd0g » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #166 on: August 30, 2012, 11:08:22 PM »

Wow, what am I? Chopped liver?

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #167 on: August 30, 2012, 11:40:55 PM »

Uh, just some quick thoughts.

"Use Graveyard Cucco for Impa HP"
How long does that take on 3DS? Is there some really quick 3DS-exclusive way? I plan on jumping down to this after I get the GS on Impa's House as adult. In general I feel the route often has similar problems -- stuff that you -could- get now, but it'd be faster to get it later. I'll give some more examples...

"Hylian Shield"
There's one of these in a chest in BoTW, right next to a GS you have to get. Since it's seg'd, you don't need to worry about getting your shield burned in DC -- you'll just try again if that happens.

"Follow-Along HP"
It'd be slightly faster to get this the same time you get the bullet bag upgrade. Also, you have to climb the ladder back out, which maybe that could be OK, but I'd rather end a seg there or Sun's Song warp out of there and go do something else. You have to make 2 more trips to LW to go to the forest stage, so there'll be a segment in LW where you have nothing to do after.

In segment 4, I feel like pretty much everything between the boulder maze gs and entering ZD should be done later. You need to make several more trips to Kak with masks, you don't have the songs for the frogs yet, the HP's would be faster if you had the boomerang...

Why do you need to kill the tentacles?

IDK, I guess I shouldn't really talk when I don't have this game and can't test my routes at all ha ha.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #168 on: August 31, 2012, 12:04:28 AM »

No man, I appreciate your input. I guess I was upset because I've worked so hard on this and I got blown off. Sorry for being a snob.

Impa HP: You can jump from the rafters of what will become the Archery house and reach the ledge. I suppose it would save time to get that after Impa Roof GS.

Hylian Shield: I have us get it there so anyone new running it RTA doesn't have to worry about troll Keese. Again, you are right about BotW.

Follow-Along HP: I meant to take this out along with a few other things. We'd probably get it while cleaning up Lost Woods in Child 2.

Boulder room GS is another thing I meant to take out. I don't know what you mean by saving the HPs for after we have Boomerang, they are right there and take only a few seconds to get. Same with the GS.

We kill the tentacles so we can get the GSs in B1. I wasn't aware you could get them otherwise?

Once again, sorry for being a snob. I will edit the route with your suggestions.

EDIT: It appears there were some huge miscalculations in the collection checkers. These have been fixed, and all of r0bd0g's suggestions have been implemented.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:40:40 AM by Norkix » Logged

r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #169 on: August 31, 2012, 01:13:22 AM »

Lol, if you implement every suggestion I could have, the routes will end up almost the same. :p. See if you can find other things that you do extra.

I agree with when you're getting the boulder maze GS, though. My route does it too. The reason is that we have no other reason to come to GC again as child. I meant that the trip from GC though DMT, Kak, and ZR seemed redundant since you need to go past everything you get along that path again later. You won't have beans or adult's wallet as early but I think you can make due without them. I will have to see about the rupee route though because I suspect I will have a shortage.

You should be able to get those GS's in Jabu by falling down that first hole when coming back from the boomerang. You could watch seg 17 (iirc?) of the normal OoT segs to see what's done there.

Routing the water temple, I'm not sure what extra key I should get. Key in the spinning water room or the key off the main room you normally have to push a block around and hit an eye switch to get. The thing about the latter is that you have to spend a whole segment on it. There are two routes to get to it; I think coming in from the entrance on the top floor is probably slightly faster? At the least it's easier. The former is a really tricky place to get in an out of, especially if you try to a hookshot clip with all those shellblades there. It'll be faster on 3D what where you don't have to pause to switch boots a few times to get in. I think I'm leaning towards spending a whole segment on getting a single key. :/ I'm also not seeing the time saved for the hammer. I think I will do water first.

Can you get that GS in the waterfall room with just the hookshot? They use ISG on normal OoT. I think that means that it should technically be possible (?), but IDK for sure and the positioning might be slightly different on 3D.

I guess the last question I have to ask is if there's a clip to double defense.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 01:30:17 AM by r0bd0g » Logged
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #170 on: August 31, 2012, 01:57:48 AM »

Also, when are you guys on #OoT3D? Every time I go on, there is no one there. Did CloudMax talk you guys out of using it? Or are all of you in Europe and are sleeping when I'm able to get on the IRC?
I don't know how to get on it honestly. And yeah, Pedal lives in Finland.

Routing the water temple, I'm not sure what extra key I should get. Key in the spinning water room or the key off the main room you normally have to push a block around and hit an eye switch to get. The thing about the latter is that you have to spend a whole segment on it. There are two routes to get to it; I think coming in from the entrance on the top floor is probably slightly faster? At the least it's easier. The former is a really tricky place to get in an out of, especially if you try to a hookshot clip with all those shellblades there. It'll be faster on 3D what where you don't have to pause to switch boots a few times to get in. I think I'm leaning towards spending a whole segment on getting a single key. :/ I'm also not seeing the time saved for the hammer. I think I will do water first.

Can you get that GS in the waterfall room with just the hookshot? They use ISG on normal OoT. I think that means that it should technically be possible (?), but IDK for sure and the positioning might be slightly different on 3D.
We'll get the key in the spinning water room with a hookshot clip then warp away with FW potentially. The GS in the Waterfall room is still obtainable with the hookshot.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #171 on: August 31, 2012, 02:07:28 AM »

Lol, I don't think so. You do all the flip-flopping through time in your route, which I don't really understand. I'm seeing a maximum of three parts for both Child and Adult.

You need a tester r0bd0g. Not just for tricks, but also to test what time of day it is when you get to each area, because that could really effect your GS collection.

@Fox, once you are on the IRC (there's a link on the front page), type "/join #oot3d" That will get you there.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 02:09:38 AM by Norkix » Logged

r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #172 on: August 31, 2012, 02:22:51 AM »

I logged into oot3d once. There was nobody there. :p

Did you time out the difference between that key and the one off the main room? I feel like the spinning water room is faster in RTA for sure, but since the resets aren't timed in seg'd, it might be better to grab the key off the main room by a couple seconds. I guess I'll take your word for it. Also, I don't plan on using FW at all in water temple. Everything is so close to the entrance that you'd lose time casting. My plan right now is to cast FW after serenade and end up there after RI FW CS skip to save the time you'd normally spend to leave water.

I don't flip time more than necessary. ... Time of day is a bit of a problem. I'm hoping that for the most part my time of day is probably correct but there are some things I feel like could be optimized better if I could rely a bit more on the normal passage of time.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 02:30:16 AM by r0bd0g » Logged
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #173 on: August 31, 2012, 03:05:07 AM »

I finished my first pass of the route. I gotta count the GS's and HP's and route out the rupees and magic. I'm not gonna route explosives or equips b/c that's a little bit much for me to try an attempt without actually owning the game, lol. Coincidentally, I have 68 segments, which is the same number of segments as the current 100% route for normal OoT. Maybe that'll change as I look it over, though.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 03:08:13 AM by r0bd0g » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #174 on: August 31, 2012, 05:59:26 AM »

okay, ben and I talked about the Adult routing in the IRC, and this is a rough outline of what we came up with.

Adult 1

Seg 10
play nocturne, enter shadow temple, get hovers, S&Q

Seg 11
leave, goron tunic, bolero cs skip, prescription, enter ice cavern, S&Q

Seg 12
Ice Cavern 100%, S&Q

Seg 13
Get Zora Tunic, get eyeball frog, tsc to lake hylia, scarecrow's song, get eyedrops, bombslides to biggoron, get claim check, get Biggoron Sword, enter fire, S&Q

Seg 14
Fire 100%, cs skip if there is one, reenter fire, S&Q

Seg 15
DC part 2, to LW via GC shortcut, minuet cs skip, play minuet, enter forest temple, S&Q

Seg 16
Forest 100%

That's as far as we got. Thoughts?

Also, purely by accident, I named my most recent test file Lunk. Grin
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 06:02:52 AM by Norkix » Logged

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #175 on: August 31, 2012, 06:21:00 AM »

I kind of have an idea. After getting the prescription we could go to the lost woods through GC and then CS skip minuet. After that we could go to ZR via the shortcut in LW (no Navi dive because we'll have silver scale Cheesy )
After fire 100% we could just play the warp song to the forest temple

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #176 on: August 31, 2012, 07:06:22 AM »

That's actually a really good idea, ben! We'll do that.

I thought you went to bed?

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #177 on: August 31, 2012, 04:04:54 PM »

When i try to join #oot3d theres no one there, not even the leaderboards link etc. However by PMing myself #OoT3d i can join it the right way...weird.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #178 on: August 31, 2012, 05:42:59 PM »

When i try to join #oot3d theres no one there, not even the leaderboards link etc. However by PMing myself #OoT3d i can join it the right way...weird.

Make sure that you make irc.speeddemosarchive.com the server.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #179 on: August 31, 2012, 11:43:39 PM »

Coupla things.

I think the closest you'll be to the Ice Cavern is when you get the GS's in ZR. And I think when traveling to ZR would be a great time to grab some Poes, so probably you'll want to have Epona first. And maybe ZR isn't the fastest place you could go after getting Epona...

I thought you'd want to do Forest before Fire because you can save a bit of time by hitting this eye switch and then HSJ off the map chest.

Hopefully you don't have to deliver the eye drops and you can just warp like they do on normal OoT.

I'm hoping you can get the red rock GS's somehow without the hammer like the do on normal OoT. That should probably checked. And if it is, DC part 2 would be better after the BGS. I really want a way to get that GS in DC w/o the scarecrow. Maybe hookshot clip or something? I mean, you can push the armos but that's really really slow.

Also I realized you could probably longshot clip to the ladder to get the GS in ZF. It'd be slower than the OoB swimming thing but it would still probably have been better than getting the Silvers. In OoT you have to weird shot so you're a bit lower, so maybe it could be reached with the hookshot but I highly doubt it.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: