ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:53:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: 100% Segmented Discussion [NG+ Saw]  (Read 121690 times)
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #255 on: October 07, 2012, 07:01:40 PM »

Can someone test this? I think you can skip the ice before Iron Boots by hookshot jumping off of the freezard and jumpslashing. I don't have any files that can test this at the moment.
Edit: Yes, you can, but I got jumped off of the freezard and got jumpslash recoil off of an icicle.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:40:10 PM by TheWayfaringFox » Logged
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #256 on: October 08, 2012, 02:42:47 PM »

King Zora skip as adult!!!!!! Grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXb-qlLh4TU&

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #257 on: October 08, 2012, 05:11:20 PM »

Nice job. Shocked

Can you verify that you can still walk through him while he's unfreezing?
Can I bottle dupe the Ruto's letter? I kinda need that bottle for Poes...

I can route the silver scale out but it is going to cause issues with the scarecrow song and bottles...

Do you think that jump faster than melting it? We have to go to that last blue fire source anyway and we still need two bottles so it would only take a second to pick up a second fire. If you could skip the ice blocking the puzzle room w/o wasting a bunch of time or if you could skip melting the red ice for the rupee, that would help out since then I could do the ice cavern on only 1 bottle and that might help out with the bottle issues caused by the KZ skip.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:19:22 PM by r0bd0g » Logged
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #258 on: October 08, 2012, 05:24:17 PM »

Its possible to walk through him Smiley I tried that freezard clip in the first room and i couldnt get it Sad
As for those ice skips...il test them out.

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #259 on: October 08, 2012, 05:34:53 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out how it would be done to skip KZ. You will have one less bottle when you go there b/c for sure I want serenade in child 2, so I won't go back to child earlier to get it. Unless maybe I figure out that a child/adult 3 is actually a good idea, though I'm not really sure how that would work. With the door open it won't take nearly as long to switch time on 3D as it does on normal OoT, so that's something actually worth looking into. Anyway if I only have two bottles, then I can't get all three poes that I get while delivering the eye drops. To balance that out I could pick up two before ice cavern. I will have to drop those off -before- ice cavern, which costs me 15 seconds or so while I cast FW an extra time. So I guess the hope of those ice skips is if you can do that and bottle dupe your nuts in less than 15 seconds, I could skip the extra FW cast.

Also, you won't have scarecrow yet when you first go to lake hylia. This means you will have to do the scarecrow stuff before entering water temple. It will cost a bit of time as you walk from playing serenade over to the scarecrow, but it will save you the pain of having to fish while on the eyeball frog timer. This means water temple will have to be in adult 2, so I will lose the current method of damaging down for the prelude cs skip (I will also gain the BGS and hammer in Water and lose the longshot in Fire). The next best time to do that is after serenade cs skip. And if I have to empty out my bottles before going into Ice Cavern, that kinda ruins the synergy of having to deliver the poes and also having low health for the cs skip, so again another red ice skip would be nice.

With only 1 bottle I will lose time on the bug/fish route in child 1. I would like to bottle dupe my nuts before Jabu but I won't because Jabu is a place where the nuts will actually be useful.

I still need to know if I can bottle dupe over Ruto's letter.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:44:21 PM by r0bd0g » Logged
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #260 on: October 08, 2012, 06:59:26 PM »

Grezzo put all of their effort into this one ice. The other one can be clipped through easily....but that doesnt stop me Cool i found a way through! Takes about 20 secs to do and requires hammer and hover boots. Ill try to do it without hammer.

Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #261 on: October 08, 2012, 09:23:41 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen... Pedalpowertoast: Pro Glitcher! *applause*

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #262 on: October 08, 2012, 09:30:26 PM »

I just checked on normal OoT and couldn't ocarina items to bottle dupe ruto's letter -- it didn't do anything at all. Is emptying ruto's letter a requirement for 100%? To skip Silver Scale and Mweeping you would need to make an extra trip to the field to collect Poes, and that's if you get two every time. To even do that I will have to bottle dupe nuts and do ice cavern with one bottle. If you can't get past the red ice without the hammer you will lose time making extra trips to the blue fires. I won't get the hammer first because I need the scarecrow in Fire and I won't be getting the scarecrow until after Ice. A little later I will see how much this could save and then try and guess how much is lost as a result...

Apparently you can shield swipe with a bottle on B, but since RBA/BA is banned, the only way to do it is with bottle NG+, lol.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 01:04:21 AM by r0bd0g » Logged
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #263 on: October 12, 2012, 12:56:32 AM »

I saw a video where somebody put on the iron boots as child, what's up with that? Is that something you can just do I haven't heard anything...

If we do do KZ skip we won't have the gold scale while we deliver the bunny hood... I will still get around to checking out if KZ skip is worth it...
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #264 on: October 12, 2012, 01:18:34 AM »

I think thats an effect of "inventory overstuffing"

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
  Print  

Jump to: