ZSR Forums
May 14, 2024, 10:03:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: 100% Segmented Discussion [NG+ Saw]  (Read 128108 times)
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2012, 02:37:51 AM »

This route has a lot of good ideas put into it. Do you think you could move the breaking the first web into segment 2 along with the gold skulltula? It's a time saver if you break the web, climb back up to 1F, leave then save warp.

As for KZ, I've tried to skip him by using TSC and a bomb similar to the Fire Temple BK skip because there's ice and it does not work unfortunately.  Sad

Also, we can get everything in DMC with megaflips as a child, so why don't we get bugs from the grotto with 20 bombs for the GS near the warp and get the other heart piece to save time?

I think it depends there because I want to know if the Bolero, Minuet, Serenade and Prelude cutscenes would save time if they were skipped.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 02:43:49 AM by TheWayfaringFox » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2012, 03:12:47 AM »

"speedrunning is getting through the game as fast as possible no matter what"
But you spend a few hours setting up the file?

Ummm... setting up a file for NG+ takes like 5 minutes. But maybe that's just me because I actually kept my complete file...

Did you guys not read what I said about the saw streamlining the adult routing? It's hardly even a NG+, we have it for 15 minutes and then equip the sword. I really don't see what the big deal is. It takes five minutes to make the file.

Edit: this is turning into the original MST discussion: You guys aren't willing to put in the time to practice things like Slingshot Skip, or god forbid actually test your own routes. We're here to speedrun, not complain about how hard it is to do so. If you're going to complain, get the fuck out, I don't want you here. If you're going to post stupid shit about completely irrelevant things, get the fuck out, I don't want you here. Why don't you all grow up a little.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 03:26:22 AM by Norkix » Logged

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2012, 03:36:09 AM »

Right. So anyway.

I didn't head up for the top floor spider b/c the normal oot seg'd didn't do it and I figured they must have had a good reason. That said, they had dins and they didn't have to leave after. You have to remember if you backtrack from sling you have a couple rooms to go through and a ladder to knock down. It'd be something you might have to time later. If you want to leave and then sw... well I guess you could make a whole segment out of that, though you'd have to get hit by an extra guard bomb or something to get that 1/2 heart.

We could get the dirt patch GS using Bolero. Maybe a megaflip could be faster than warping but I think it's a good idea to plant a bean in here, and we don't have beans yet. It'll probably be a while before we get them. The other heart piece maybe we could get now. Like, come out of double magic, megaflip over, and then head into GC. I was thinking we might ride the bean to it, though; it'll have to be checked whether or not that's faster. As for the grotto with the bombs, we don't need that because we're getting the 30 bag right after. I just added that to the route now; I'd forgotten it was there. Hopefully our bomb counts won't be too low as a result of getting that so early.

Bolero, Minuet, and Serenade are all probably going to be skipped. I'm not sure how the damage buffering and the text speed differences, as well as the fact that we've got the hearts from all the child dungeons already, are going to affect how much time they save. Prelude CS skip... if you can use bombs in the ToT on 3DS it'll probably be done as well. You'll probably SW into the ToT so I'm kinda worried about how you'll actually damage yourself down. EDIT: I guess you could RI FW over and over to damage buffer, but I had the idea just now you could cast FW at the start of a seg, go and do something and take damage while you do it, and then fw back and do the cs skip.

I'm worried about the scarecrow song GS in DC. IDK how to route that. You might have to backtrack to DC at some point just to get it, unless there's something else you could do.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 03:05:20 AM by r0bd0g » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2012, 03:52:22 AM »

You know what? Never mind. I'm done. Do whatever you want. I don't care. Sorry for getting pissed.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 03:56:12 AM by Norkix » Logged

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2012, 08:01:50 AM »

Prelude CS skip works using RI restricted items... just tested it.

However after testing the staircase GS in DC, I have had no luck with any hoverboot tricks. I've come pretty close though. If I can be precise enough to do a roll and a backflip or a jumpslash in one hammer or hoverslide, I might be able to get it. For now, though, no such luck.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:46:01 AM by benstephens1000 » Logged

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2012, 09:02:29 AM »

Prelude CS skip works using RI restricted items... just tested it.

However after testing the staircase GS in DC, I have had no luck with any hoverboot tricks. I've come pretty close though. If I can be precise enough to do a roll and a backflip or a jumpslash in one hammer or hoverslide, I might be able to get it. For now, though, no such luck.

if you are talking about the gs where you bomb the stupid staircase to make it come down that gs can be got with a hoverslide with a hammer or bomb you'll grab the ledge have to turn around doing it the hammer way it's pretty easy did it my first try
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2012, 09:10:42 AM »

if you are talking about the gs where you bomb the stupid staircase to make it come down that gs can be got with a hoverslide with a hammer or bomb you'll grab the ledge have to turn around doing it the hammer way it's pretty easy did it my first try

Really O.o
I feel silly now

r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2012, 04:57:50 AM »

I'm still going on a route, kinda just for the hell of it at this point. :p

It's up until the start of Child 2. It's just a rough idea so there's a lot that could be improved and a couple of things that I'm not sure I've made the right decision on... but I don't own the game so... There's probably some fundamental flaw I've overlooked. :p

http://pastebin.com/td0qgK1n

Couple of typos >_>. That should be Twin's House GS in the Kokiri Forest seg...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:44:19 AM by r0bd0g » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2012, 12:45:20 PM »

I'd like to apologize to everyone. I was a snobby little brat, and I overreacted. LttpMmOot was being a little bitch and everything I was working for fell apart so I jumped ship. I'm still working on my route in my spare time though. So with robdog and I working, we will have both a NG+ and NG route for people to choose from.

At the suggestion of Nook, I'll be making an oot3d IRC channel. I will be owner, and op will be given to people who will not abuse it. You can also just go there to hang out. ^_^

it's made, #OoT3D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 12:59:29 PM by Norkix » Logged

TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2012, 04:04:48 PM »

I've never wanted there to be that much tension with this. It's just routing, and it's better to talk to other people about it. 100% is going to take work to have a solid route, no matter what happens.
@R0bd0g This route has some great ideas going with it. I do think we have to split the shadow temple into two parts, only because of the Gold Skulltula near the boat.
Also in the Spirit Temple the Child section can be accessed, but it's from the other side, which requires a key to reach it. I think it would be good to only obtain 3 of the keys in Spirit and not skip the BK.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2012, 04:32:39 PM »

"I do think we have to split the shadow temple into two parts, only because of the Gold Skulltula near the boat."

On normal OoT, there's some sort of hover boots trick to get over there to reach that. Or maybe there could be some sort of hookshot jump from the ladder, though IDK if there's a line of sight to get up there and it seems kinda far-ish. :/

"Also in the Spirit Temple the Child section can be accessed, but it's from the other side"

There's a crawlspace on either side of that GS. You mean there's a clip to get past the crawl space somehow? What I don't like about getting that GS as child is Nabooru... She talk and talks and talks...
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2012, 04:40:40 PM »

There is a trick for the boat GS, no need to split.

TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2012, 04:44:02 PM »

Oot 3d has hookshot clipping, which we can use on the left torch to get to the Child Spirit area.
What's the trick for the boat GS?
*Edit: Never mind I just got there with a hoverslide.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 04:56:04 PM by TheWayfaringFox » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2012, 04:53:55 PM »

r0bd0g, i only had time to read the beginning of your route before starting my chores, but you get the slingshot first thing. There is an easy trick in DC that allows us to skip slingshot, allowing us to make one trip to Deku Tree with bombs later on. That's my only comment right now, but I'll look over more of it later.

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2012, 04:55:24 PM »

Congrats Kixs on making the new IRC. I've wanted to do that for a bit but never got around to it Tongue

A way to get to the boat skulltula... I like the sound of that.

So I think that we shouldn't do the new mirror shield early... it just doesn't work with all of the skulltulas... but I'm sure we have all already thought of that.

Norkixs. We want the sling because we can skip the ZL CS with it using the a guard bomb. In the end I think it'll save time.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: