ZSR Forums
May 14, 2024, 12:05:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: 100% Segmented Discussion [NG+ Saw]  (Read 128027 times)
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2012, 06:46:06 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRFzTsM2OKE
First try BAM! The guard can throw the bomb different ways, which makes this a bit difficult.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2012, 07:32:44 AM »

The only problem with the ZL cutscene skip is that you would lose the saw if you started with it. And using Farore's wind might be good for each part of the trading quest that does not have a timer. It ultimately depends on how much time the saw saves.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:06:45 PM by TheWayfaringFox » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2012, 08:09:45 AM »

The reason Tom and I chose NG+ Saw was because it allows more leniency with the adult routing. Instead of building around the trading quest, we can focus on a dungeon order that allows for streamlined GS and HP collection. It just makes the routing easier is all. If you guys want to use something else, there's a Hammer NG+ route that I put weeks into in the other thread. Or, we could use Farore's Wind, which I honestly don't like. Just because we can WW everywhere doesn't mean it's the best choice. Plus, that would take us back to a single segment Child 1, which may be a problem for some people because the old Hammer route was about 2.5 hours from opening to Master Sword. I just don't think FW is worth it.

Also, apparently my edit that fixed the thing with Bracelet before Saria's Song did not actually go through, so I will fix that.

Edit: Robdog seems to think you can get Saw by using Farore's Wind, and the rest of you seem to think that we keep our NG+ item after pulling Master Sword. You guys might want to check your facts... We could RI Farore's Wind as adult to warp long distances, i guess, but it won't be on B.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:21:03 AM by Norkix » Logged

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2012, 09:38:18 AM »

why don't we just stop with the ng+ bullshit and make routes for 100% and mst no ng+, I find ng+ routes retarded honestly cause it's all we have for this game, rba is banned for mst but yet we rba to get it started. and 100% ng+ come on no one is going to make a file to rba a saw for 100% unless they have a file already, but do what you want. i'd run this if it wasn't ng+, ng+ routes are just ridiculous.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2012, 10:21:13 AM »

You sound like a YouTuber. I don't know where you're from, but here on planet Earth, speedrunning is getting through the game as fast as possible no matter what. There are no rules against NG+, and its actually really fun to mess around with.

Go make your own route if you're so pissed we are trying to make a fast route. This thread is not for complaining about speedruns. It's about making them happen.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2012, 02:26:51 PM »

why don't we just stop with the ng+ bullshit and make routes for 100% and mst no ng+, I find ng+ routes retarded honestly cause it's all we have for this game, rba is banned for mst but yet we rba to get it started. and 100% ng+ come on no one is going to make a file to rba a saw for 100% unless they have a file already, but do what you want. i'd run this if it wasn't ng+, ng+ routes are just ridiculous.
We do not catch bugs on B while the saw is on the II button.  Tongue
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2012, 10:05:01 PM »

Just thought of something with routing child link. After Jabu we will be able to obtain all of the gold skulltulas in Kakariko as Child Link. Perhaps we make it so we grab the skulltula near Kakariko in Hyrule Field, play the Sun's Song, go into Kakariko and set the warp point for the Nocturne cutscene. We'll be able to head into the well via Navi Dive as well as get the Dampe Heart Piece and 11 gold skulltulas.  

*Edit: Before anyone asks about the skulltula on the ladder, we can use a bombchu from the well.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:13:25 PM by TheWayfaringFox » Logged
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2012, 10:39:24 PM »

"speedrunning is getting through the game as fast as possible no matter what"
But you spend a few hours setting up the file?

Anyway any non-sword NG+ route doesn't work with the ZL CS skip since IDK how you get back past Mido after getting the sling.

You know, I guess at some point you have to walk across Hyrule Field in order to go adult, and it's not that far out of the way to detour over to the Kakariko entrance along the way, so you could just go to Kak, cast fw, and save. Then you'd clear out deku and head for adult after nocturne. It guess it just seemed a little wrong to me to go to Kakariko again without having a mask to deliver. You'd want Prelude before you starting mucking around in the masks though.

There will be a lot of trips to Kakariko so I wouldn't worry too much yet about when you're getting those skulltulas.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:41:21 PM by r0bd0g » Logged
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2012, 10:42:27 PM »

No BotW Chus in OoT3D unfortunately, TheWayfaringFox

NG+ Slingshot could save time, but it is an item already picked up for the definition. It couldn't be used for the DC puzzle if the ZL CS skip is used (For that you'd need a damage source, perhaps a GS if it doesn't deal too much). The ZL CS isn't quite long enough in a comparison to the text and actions of the trade game that would be skipped
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 11:08:44 PM by Tom Nook » Logged

LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2012, 10:43:01 PM »

don't even get me started norkix I can speedrun the game non ng+ faster then you can do it with ng+, and fox if the saw isn't on b then why are you people complaining about dieing and wwt with it, if that is what you are saying fox.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2012, 11:10:13 PM »

No BotW Chus in OoT3D unfortunately

This would be after DC, so we can obtain them with bombs. Wink

@r0bd0g We could hold all of the stuff I suggested in Kakariko until later when we do the mask trading sequence. It will stop backtracking.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2012, 11:12:27 PM »

NG+ Slingshot could save time, but it is an item already picked up for the definition. It couldn't be used for the DC puzzle if the ZL CS skip is used (For that you'd need a damage source, perhaps a GS if it doesn't deal too much). The ZL CS isn't quite long enough in a comparison to the text and actions of the trade game that would be skipped

You wouldnt have a bullet bag or any ammo.

I personally kinda like the idea of no new game plus for this. I think something like this seems nice:

Seg "0": Cutscene, save.
Seg 1: Sword, shield, enter deku, save.
Seg 2: Slingshot, (climb up and break web?) save.
Seg 3: TSC escape, fairy ocarina, egg, talon, zelda, zl cutscene skip, save.
Seg 4: Bullet bag 40, navi dive to river, silver scale, ruto bottle, (fishing?),kz, fish, enter jabu. Save.

Although im not sure if you would want to do DC first and have bombs/magic to get farores first trip to zoras fountain. The downside to that is having the rang later so i dont know which is faster.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2012, 11:27:53 PM »

I don't think she appears unless you have magic, GS. I know this applies to Din's Fire, but we'd have to check.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2012, 12:02:50 AM »

She does not appear without magic. I must say I kind of agree with Gamestabled... However this isn't like the silly any% NG category. I mean, I don't really think NG+ will save very much time. Maybe I'm just saying this because I'm tired of being swordless for the first hour of the MST NG+, but I think NG sounds kind of nice.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2012, 01:15:14 AM »

This is what's going on in my head right now. I don't own this game it's just my head swims with this stuff >_>. This route probably sucks btw. :p

Segment 1
- Kokiri Sword, Equip
- Deku Shield, Equip and talk to Mido
- Might as well get Deku Sticks here?
- Enter Deku

Segment 2
- Slingshot

Segment 3
- Leave Deku
- 1/2 heart damage from Baba
- TSC escape
- Fairy Ocarina
- To Market
- Chain Rupees?
- Weird Egg
- Tree GS (take 2 hearts damage)
- Wake Talon, push boxes, navigate courtyard
- Zelda's Letter
- ZL CS Skip w/ slingshot and guard bomb
- Talk to Impa to get to Hyrule Field (this will be the closest you'll be to Kakariko, so you should go there now)
- To Kakariko
- Cucco Bottle (you'll want this to get started on Dirt Patches right away)
- To Graveyard
- Sun's Song (this is the only chance to get this before Jabu, and time of day probably isn't going to work out for everything you need before the next chance to get it)
- Back to Kak
- Tower GS
- Bazaar GS
- Show letter to guard
- To GC
- Open the door at the bottom
- Light Torches
- To LW
- Get Bugs from Grass?
- To SFM
- Saria's Song

Segment 4
- To GC via LW
- Goron Bracelet
- To DMT
- Open DC
- DMT HP
- Dirt Patch GS
- Enter DC

Segment 5
- Baby Dodongo Corridor GS (could be saved for when you come back for the scarecrow song GS as adult... how do you plan to get that, BTW?)
- Push the switch (I guess you could split the seg here)
- Staircase room vine GS (the other GS in this room, do you have a hover boots trick for it or will you have to hit the switch and do the dungeon in reverse?)
- Get Bombs
- Bomb the Eyes (I guess you could split the seg here)
- Back room GS
- Beat KD
- Heart Container
- Watch the cutscene, I guess, Goron's Ruby
- Reenter DC

Segment 6
- Up the mountain for magic
- To DMC
- Crate GS
- Climb wall HP, fall into lava
- Megaflip to Double Magic
- To GC
- Spinning Pot HP
- 30 Bomb Bag
- Rock Maze GS
- Get Bugs

Segment 7
- To ZR via Navi Dive
- To ZD
- Diving Game
- Deku Nuts
- Silver Scale (Can you skip this? Is there an adult KZ skip? If not it's like, you have to go here in Child 2 simply to move him, lol, so I'm guessing that's a bad idea?)
- Dive to LH
- Ruto's Letter
- Dirt Patch GS
- Lab wall GS
- Fire Arrow Platform GS
- Fishing HP
- Play with Scarecrow
- To ZD
- Move King Zora
- Torches HP
- Get 2 Fish (I routed this a bit weird b/c I want another fish for Forest)
- Enter Jabu

Segment 8
- Rising water room GS
- Boomerang
- 2 Basement GS

Segment 9
- I'm just gonna assume that Big Octo skip works the same way on 3DS
- Preboss room GS
- Beat Barinade
- Heart Container
- Zora's Sapphire
- Play Sun's Song
- Wall GS
- Tree GS
- Farore's Wind

Segment 10
- Know it All Bros House GS
- WWT Escape (I don't like having to do this slower escape but I'm not ready to go down ZR)
- To Lon Lon Ranch (I'm doing Lon Lon now b/c I want Epona when I go for Requiem in Adult 1)
- Malon House GS
- Tree GS
- Coral GS
- Tower GS
- Tower HP
- Play Sun's Song
- Epona's Song
- Milk Bottle
- To Kakariko
- Set FW Hyrule Field -> Kakariko Village

Segment 11
- If you can think of a place to get bugs since Jabu it'd be swell to get this dirt patch now, but it's not worth it to detour very far for them... I guess I could forgo the extra fish. Going to be a bit weird to figure out the best thing for this sort of stuff.
- To Deku

Segment 12
- Top floor GS
- Light torch to leave
- Break the web (no reasonable way to have Din's yet)
- 2 Basement GS
- Jump B1 skip
- Back room GS

Segment 13
- B1 skip
- Burn web
- Beat Gohma
- Heart Container, Kokiri's Emerald
- RI FW WW to Kakariko
- Learn "Fake" Nocturne of Shadow
- Tree GS (to pass time while waiting for Navi, I guess?)
- Construction house GS
- Navi Dive to BotW

Segment 14
- Bombchus (for a GS in LW, but maybe there's a better way than to get these Chus)
- Fake wall Key
- Coffin Key
- Centre room GS's
- Fake wall key
- Lower the water
- Hylian Shield
- Like Like GS
- Beat Dead Hand
- Rupees?
- Lens of Truth
- No way is this optimized... (Maybe a FW cast after the 2nd centre room GS and warp back after the Like Like?)

Segment 15
- Leave BotW (or Maybe a FW cast after Nocturne could save having to float out of here)
- To HF
- Tree Grotto GS
- Ocarina of Time
- Song of Time
- Guard House GS
- To Hyrule Castle
- Set FW
- Din's Fire
- Return FW
- Keaton Mask, I guess
- Open DoT
- Go adult, Light Medallion