ZSR Forums
May 14, 2024, 03:35:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT MST segmented speedrun  (Read 35811 times)
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2010, 04:05:02 AM »

I was thinking about this today.  I wanted to think of a route that could use fire arrows in deku and do fire last, but getting magic any time before fire seems to waste more time than fire arrows save in deku.  I think the best route would be:

escape - chus - zr - jabu - zl - adult - dc - shadow - forest to bow and sw out - water - spirit - finish forest - deku - fire - light arrows - gc

By doing fire last you can have 9 hearts by volvagia.  This is important because with 9 hearts you can do bk skip and 2 cycle volvagia without dieing which skips bk, bottle and goron tunic.  Of course it would make the fire temple seg a bitch, but too bad, the oot metagame is advancing (I get 2 cycle volvagia about 5-7%, bleh).

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2010, 04:10:24 AM »

ZFG, the time spent savewarping out and playing MInuet to get back to Forest is far more than the time Fire Arrows save in Deku Tree. I wanted FA's before the tree too, but it just doesn't work out Sad.

And why DC before Shadow? That is just roundabout. Look at my route above. And unlike yours, it gets magic Wink

Sig said something about only needing 7 hearts for Volv, but I don't particularly think he is a trustworthy source. Are you sure nine is the minimum? Fire is already last in my route anyways, so we'd just add HCs to Shadow and Spirit (not DC, because you need to be at low health to bolero cs skip).

Also come to IRC Sad
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 04:16:14 AM by RingRush » Logged

ded
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2010, 04:13:49 AM »

The sw out of forest is for fire last, not FA for deku.  You wouldnt get magic until right before fire in my route anyway.  I put dc before shadow because of chu limitations.  Also, no one has been able to do chuslide to seam shadow early as adult.  You wont go up the grave.  Also zr hess is butts.

And I cant get on IRC because my dumbass little brother got a virus on the only working comp and I'm stuck using shitty wii internet.

And I'm 99% sure 9 is minimum.  I tried a lot with 8 while doing mst practice and even with full health when starting bk skip and a very fast bk skip I could never kill him before dieing.

Also spirit HC takes forever and DC hc loses no more than 1 sec, and bolero cs skip sounds slower even with low health.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 04:24:06 AM by ZFG » Logged

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2010, 04:19:20 AM »

Are you sure you chuslide as adult is impossible? I think you might just need to modify the angle a bit. Even if not, you could do chuslide to the slope nearby + 1 chu hover, just skip a chu use somewhere else (see next sentence). And HESS in ZR is perfectly console doable, and can be skipped if need be by using the boomerang in the penultimate room of JJB. Spirit Temple is by far the hardest part of that route, not ZR Wink

Bolero CS skip isn't slower because you -have- to do the temples in this order: Forest - Deku - Water - Spirit. After Magic (which is best after DC), you are already right next to the crater. The crater is a good way to get to GC for the LW warp anyways, so you lose very little time making a quick stop for Bolero so you can get back quickly later, since in an optimal route, you won't be anywhere near the woods.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 04:28:46 AM by RingRush » Logged

ded
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2010, 04:27:53 AM »

Well bloob did the SS warp in his tas, but he used a differend bush that doesnt look possible with a chu.  It doesnt matter though because segd mst is dumb and ss mst is pro Wink

ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2010, 11:06:21 AM »

Quote from: ZFG
Also zr hess is butts.

Ask Runnerguy2489 about my ZR HESS rock clip skills Smiley

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2010, 02:47:23 PM »

Segment 10:
Blow up first wall (1 C)
Jump to first switch
Chu staircase [take 1/2 heart damage] (0 C)
Pause, equip bombs on C-down
To Bomb bag (20 B)
Bomb eyes (18 B)
Enter mouth
Jump to block, push it into hole
Bomb floor above KD [take 1/2 heart damage] (17 B)
Two-cycle KD (15 B) [take 2 heart damage from lava in fight]
Goron’s Ruby, no HC
Up DM to magic (use seam + superslide, take 1/2 heart damage blowing up rock) (12 B)
You are taking damage and then getting magic; that fairy refills your hearts iirc. So all damage previous to getting magic is not needed and would need to be placed afterward.

I'd try to find another angle with adult chuslide teleport; I think that should be possible. And I'd probably just use a chu to blow up the rocks in ZR and skip the one in Jabu for the last switch but that's up to the runner I suppose.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2010, 07:08:49 PM »

I say if the runner is on n64 he should use the rock clip, otherwise use the chu to blow up the boulder

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Siglemic
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 08:08:34 PM »

i'm pretty sure i did it with 7 using a fairy

<+Axon> I should just quit mario and main sonic
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2010, 08:39:31 PM »

Sig: >_> We don't have a bottle to put a fairy in. I'm going with ZFG's 9 then, all that means is adding the HC to Shadow and DC. Since the fairy heals us, this means we'll just use the bomb-ocarina trick, so losing an extra 2 hearts won't be so bad (although, would it be faster to take 4 damage from the bomb/ocarina trick or simply get the spirit HC instead of the shadow one?)

ded
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2010, 09:34:59 PM »

4 hits from the bomb ocarina trick it much faster than the spirit HC.

LinuzDk
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2010, 08:50:08 AM »

Okay i took a look at RingRush's Route.
And yeah he pretty much thought of everything

Today i will start my testings:
- Day/Nighttime
- Deku shield from Botw or Shop
- Hylian shield from Shop / Gravyard or maybe Botw (only if i get Deku shield there)
- Adult SS chu warp gravyard, i'm not sure if it's possible whit chu's but i will try out some diffrent strats
- Wess escape / Crouch stab escape (Segment 6)

i think i will add in some bomb drops for SuperSlides and such. Need to find the best spot though.

And another thing is if i should get Stick from shop (50Rupees) to skip owl, the only downside is a have to skip owl twice, and maybe that wouldn't really save any time. But more testing needs to be done

I will start this MST speedrun Segmented, when i get my Dazzle to work, Kazooie pointed something out for my that should be usefull, since he's playing on Pal aswell. I'm still trying to figure out if i should be playing on GC (There is no void hovereing in the route) or i should play in VC, i wont be able to play on N64 since i only have Pal version, and pal version sucks :S

Thanks to RingRush for the route Wink
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2010, 06:25:41 PM »

You're playing on PAL? Double check to make sure you can megaflip off of Golden Skulltulas...I think you can.

WESS escape vs crouch stab escape has been tested by RG in the past: WESS is faster.

ded
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2010, 07:24:14 PM »

I think most of my tests involved bridge clip vs wess escape (shield vs no shield). Seems like crouch stab escape could be faster from the house.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
LinuzDk
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2010, 09:40:47 PM »

Okay, so i tested Segment 6

i spend like 3-4hours on just finding out that it's impossible to get in Castle drain hole before nighttime.
And yeah everything is counted in, Peahat SS, Owl skip and Seamwalk. (plus i took damage from skulltula in Market *rupee room* to save daypassing time)
but no way it's possible,  i did it with many savestats and a perfect segment would still be about 5-10secs short...

Any idea's on an alternate child section?

I also tested stuff about deku shield and hylian shield.
Conclusion: in segment 3 i will get Deku shield and Hylian shield in Botw. skiping all rupees

I'm still haveing trouble to change angle on ESS and HESS so RG told me that i didn't have to change angle, i went tried it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM01vEi_zFU

I will put up a better video when i get my dazzle.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: