ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 02:21:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Short Task/Competition Thread  (Read 47150 times)
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 03:10:28 PM »

TASK 1:

Your task is to start at the beginning of Dodongo's Cavern and ends after you touch the blue light to complete it. You may not leave Dodongo's Cavern during the run.

There are restrictions on the amounts of items and the items you may enter with (you can gain more throughout the run, for example if an enemy drops a deku nut you can then use them). The following pictures show the LIMITS of what you may start with. You cannot have more rupees, deku sticks, chus, etc. than what I have here in the pictures. You can have less if you want (for example if you feel you won't need 6 deku sticks and only want to start with 3, that's fine).

You may, however, put whatever items you are allowed on whatever C-button slots you want.

If you are playing on the Wii VC version, you can download a save here: http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/ShortTask/Task1/Task1.bin
For information on how to transfer your Wii saves, please see this post: http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=415.msg7367#msg7367

If you are playing on the N64 or GC, you will have to set up your own file. You may have either the Silver Gauntlets OR the Goron Bracelet. If you obtain the bracelet, you can only have an addition of Zelda's Lullaby (and Zelda's Letter) and Saria's Song in your inventory.

Obviously, emulators are banned from this competition.

When you are ready to submit your time, PM me and send me the video file. I will then time it manually. If you don't care about people using your strategies, then you can just post it here or on youtube in public, but really, that's half the fun is coming up with your own strategy.

You will have until Sunday, April 24th to complete the task. I will accept all entries up until midnight on that day. If you have any questions about the rules, you can post them in this thread. If you feel that asking a question will give away your strategy, you can send me a PM.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:32:33 AM by Runnerguy2489 » Logged

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 03:20:45 PM »

very cool nat route dc!

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 06:46:29 PM »

I I I so excited. I so excited.

qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 07:20:55 PM »

So is 36 the max rupees you can have or just the max you can enter with. because you can bomb (With a bomb flower) a shrub and buy a deku shield for 50 rupees.

I'm gay
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 07:25:29 PM »

Those are the max numbers you can enter with. If something you kill drops rupees or deku nuts or whatever you are then free to use them too.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 08:41:12 PM »

Is it one submission or can we submit after the first if we improve it?
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 10:50:28 PM »

Good question. I would probably rather you wait until you are submitting just your best time but if you would happen to improve it, I will still take the improvement.

Bonooru
Regular Guay

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 11:52:33 PM »

will direct video of the tv work? im not sure how the quality will come out but it shouldnt be overly terrible
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 01:06:42 AM »

Webcam or something pointed at the TV should be fine. Not really too concerned with the quality. As long as I can see the first frame link starts moving and the frame he gets taken away in the blue light it should all be good.

dada
Deku Scrub

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 12:26:13 PM »

oh, it's very nice idea. Smiley
May I use a Japanese version?
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 06:48:54 PM »

Yeah that's fine; any text boxes I can convert to make it fair.

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 08:30:22 PM »

I'd be up for a few of these.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 12:10:00 AM »

Not interested because I'd have to have VC to compete with anyone's times.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 01:25:56 AM »

Not interested because I'd have to have VC to compete with anyone's times.
Stop being butthurt about a few seconds of lag and do it for fun.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 02:52:58 AM »

Stop being butthurt about a few seconds of lag and do it for fun.
Because stressing over [dontgiveawaystrats] for days is fun!!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:29:38 AM by ZFG » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: