ZSR Forums
April 18, 2024, 03:38:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zelda II Finds  (Read 4749 times)
Nook
Special Guay

« on: December 31, 2011, 03:32:16 AM »

There's nothing about Adventure of Link here on ZSR, so if anybody's interested this could be a place to include discoveries.

What I've found:

- Side scrolling view depends completely on the texture on Hyrule view. Which means you should avoid enemies near where you've cleared a boulder, because the grainy texture that's supposed to look like turned over sand is desert, and desert enemies appear. Fairly interesting

- You can clip into enemies with shields such as DarkNuts, at the expense of running into them and taking a hit. You can then do a down thrust, the shield is powerless. This is good for quick kills

- The boulder blocking Saria, the graveyard, and the raft dock is strange. If you quickly turn Link into it when coming downward, and quickly tap/mash the hammer in the process, and a while after, you can clip through any enemies waiting for you on the other side and not encounter them at all. This has worked twice for me

Anyone have anything else to share?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:52:58 PM by Tom Nook » Logged

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:13:34 PM »

I hate this game and it is too hard. Grin that is all I have to say.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 12:38:53 PM »

You can go through locked doors with the fairy spell, but other than that I think it's pretty much just smart leveling and route planning that makes up a speedrun. It's a pretty solid game. If you're interested maybe you should check out SDA's forum and runs instead.

Also, I prefer to just jump and attack the darknuts since I can hit them but they cannot hit me.

- Side scrolling view depends completely on the texture on Hyrule view. Which means you should avoid enemies near where you've cleared a boulder, because the grainy texture that's supposed to look like turned over sand is desert, and desert enemies appear. Fairly interesting

- You can clip into enemies with shields such as DarkNuts, at the expense of running into them and taking a hit. You can then do a down thrust, the shield is powerless. This is good for quickly dispatching enemies

How are these "finds" when they're basic mechanics of the game?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:42:49 PM by TimpZ » Logged

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: