ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:44:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 454595 times)
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #570 on: November 26, 2012, 07:39:30 AM »

I think it's already been tested, and that it just pushes link backwards.
fourtoe
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #571 on: November 26, 2012, 08:52:03 AM »

I love this game. It's so easy to speed run, mediocre players like me can do it! And it's a bummer that it won't work on the Japanese version but that doesn't make it worthless. Whenever you see the rankings on the leaderboards they always let you know which version of the game (English or Japanese) the run was played on.

I love the AC trick, it's not my favorite dungeon, but I love the boss.
Tenderhearted
Deku Scrub

« Reply #572 on: November 26, 2012, 11:41:35 AM »

Ancient Cistern is by far the best dungeon in Skyward Sword, and the clip doesn't work on all versions of English.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #573 on: November 30, 2012, 04:36:20 AM »

So, has anyone tried clipping through the wall with a bomb yet? If say we had a bomb explode at the right time when trying http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grrnsHJUlnQ&feature=youtu.be, would we be able to clip through? I know it would probably take insane timing, but still, it might be something...

Also, if this method works, we could try getting to AC early by partially clipping through the wall on the pillar to the right of the entrance. (There was a video of this, but I couldn't find it...)
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #574 on: November 30, 2012, 11:27:14 AM »

I've tried to wall clip alot in this game  with many different ways. None of them work. There still might be way but if there is, then it would be somehow new method from any other zelda game. This is because collision detection in this game is insanely well done!

If somebody want to try wall clipping very easily here is how: In the room where you get your practice sword, first sword in the game. There is bunch of boxes and other things laying around. You can highflip behind them and go almost all way in the wall. There you can try many crazy stuff without thinking about timing or anything. You can easily just lay bomb down and wait inside of the wall. But after all this shit what I've tried. This game still doesn't let you go through walls. There needs to be some unique way to do it. Like in TWW there is ledge clipping what programmers overlooked.

There is video of that sword training thing clipping spot behind of boxes, I cannot seem to find it. If somebody can put it here I would really appreciate it!

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
indykenobi
Deku Scrub

« Reply #575 on: December 10, 2012, 03:16:43 AM »

So I was doing a 100% run today, and this very odd thing happened in Lanayru:

http://www.twitch.tv/indykenobi/c/1768096

It appears that when I went to explode the rocks around the timeshift stone, I talked to the bird statue at the exact moment when the cutscene would have triggered.  So the cutscene never triggered, but then when I hit the goddess cube later, it triggered the cutscene that should have triggered before.  So I had to hit the goddess cube again.  So it seems like a form of cutscene storage, possibly.

I'm not sure how useful it could be, or how precise it is (though I suspect frame perfect).  My brain hurts too much after my run to figure it out, but maybe someone else can run with this.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #576 on: December 10, 2012, 05:08:00 AM »

I've tried to wall clip alot in this game  with many different ways. None of them work. There still might be way but if there is, then it would be somehow new method from any other zelda game. This is because collision detection in this game is insanely well done!

If somebody want to try wall clipping very easily here is how: In the room where you get your practice sword, first sword in the game. There is bunch of boxes and other things laying around. You can highflip behind them and go almost all way in the wall. There you can try many crazy stuff without thinking about timing or anything. You can easily just lay bomb down and wait inside of the wall. But after all this shit what I've tried. This game still doesn't let you go through walls. There needs to be some unique way to do it. Like in TWW there is ledge clipping what programmers overlooked.

There is video of that sword training thing clipping spot behind of boxes, I cannot seem to find it. If somebody can put it here I would really appreciate it!

Oh yea, that was my video! xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlD9JIiprwA

I was so close to being in the wall, it was crazy how I couldn't clip through it. If someone could find a way to even clip through, then maybe we can discover a method
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #577 on: December 10, 2012, 05:35:02 AM »

Well, I just tried clipping through using both bombs and the camera clip method. I couldn't get anything with either, although the camera method seems more likely to work. The only problem I have is that it is really easy to clip yourself out of behind those big quivers when you use either method. Now, I was using a file with 5 bombs on it, and so I didn't get much time to try it. So somebody else should try something there too.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #578 on: December 10, 2012, 10:40:50 PM »

OMG YES!!  Grin

I did it! I clipped through the ground with the camera!! I highflipped in the spot beside the arrow containers so that I was between the three large boxes and the arrow containers. I got really clipped inside the giant box, looked down, and he fell through the ground. Using the camera to clip through stuff is possible!! He fell infinitely though Tongue

I'm sorry I don't have anything to record my T.V with right now, but maybe someone else can make a video? It would be greatly appreciated.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #579 on: December 11, 2012, 12:01:14 AM »

OMG YES!!  Grin

I did it! I clipped through the ground with the camera!! I highflipped in the spot beside the arrow containers so that I was between the three large boxes and the arrow containers. I got really clipped inside the giant box, looked down, and he fell through the ground. Using the camera to clip through stuff is possible!! He fell infinitely though Tongue

I'm sorry I don't have anything to record my T.V with right now, but maybe someone else can make a video? It would be greatly appreciated.

Inb4 this doesn't work on JPN Kappa

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #580 on: December 11, 2012, 12:56:12 AM »

OMG YES!!  Grin

Alright, I just tried this clip and got it, however I don't have any way of recording this. But perhaps we can use this idea somehow. It seems as though it works because there are too many solid things pushing link around, and the floor appears to be the weakest of those solids. If we could somehow create another case like this, we could possibly clip through the floor anywhere, and in some places this would be very useful. Although, it seems like it only would work with immovable solids, so I don't know. I'll try a few more places right away.

TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« Reply #581 on: December 11, 2012, 01:11:30 AM »

Alright, I just tried this clip and got it, however I don't have any way of recording this. But perhaps we can use this idea somehow. It seems as though it works because there are too many solid things pushing link around, and the floor appears to be the weakest of those solids. If we could somehow create another case like this, we could possibly clip through the floor anywhere, and in some places this would be very useful. Although, it seems like it only would work with immovable solids, so I don't know. I'll try a few more places right away.

I got a video, I accidentally clipped without the use of the camera however. This makes me think it's really situational, but it could work in other places

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdBZlnqRqjU
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #582 on: December 11, 2012, 01:14:48 AM »

I got a video, I accidentally clipped without the use of the camera however. This makes me think it's really situational, but it could work in other places

Hmm... When I clipped through, I didn't actually get stuck OoB. I just reappeared up in the space I was before.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #583 on: December 11, 2012, 05:09:43 AM »

Nice! thank you very much. Hmm, very interesting. Honestly, the only way I think we can camera clip is if Link is in a really glitchy spot like this. Put I guess the point is that it is possible to clip through some things with it. I'll try to find some more spots where I might be able to camera clip through a wall.

I also tried a new method of camera clipping, where I walked back into a wall while looking up as high as I could and the camera goes crazy. It seems more crazy than looking down. I tried walking backwards into a wall and looking up with the bow out and the camera went even crazier. I couldn't even tell where I was. It seems like maybe this method of camera clipping it might be possible to clip through a wall.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:25:21 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« Reply #584 on: December 11, 2012, 06:54:57 AM »

So I was doing a 100% run today, and this very odd thing happened in Lanayru:

http://www.twitch.tv/indykenobi/c/1768096

It appears that when I went to explode the rocks around the timeshift stone, I talked to the bird statue at the exact moment when the cutscene would have triggered.  So the cutscene never triggered, but then when I hit the goddess cube later, it triggered the cutscene that should have triggered before.  So I had to hit the goddess cube again.  So it seems like a form of cutscene storage, possibly.

I'm not sure how useful it could be, or how precise it is (though I suspect frame perfect).  My brain hurts too much after my run to figure it out, but maybe someone else can run with this.

This seems like it could possibly bring up something interesting, I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but maybe some more experienced glitchers would have some ideas.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: