ZSR Forums
October 18, 2024, 02:32:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nook's Ocarina of Time Logic  (Read 9483 times)
TomNook120
« on: November 03, 2011, 03:34:56 AM »

I provide the reasons why glitches and bugs happen in Ocarina of Time.

My first video on the Odd Mushroom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eSX7YhhA5A

Please let me know what you think!
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 11:12:58 AM »

Great stuff! This would be fun to watch and if you can come up with good threories. And if somebody have patience to do this stuff then go for it! Smiley

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
TomNook120
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 02:30:06 PM »

Great stuff! This would be fun to watch and if you can come up with good threories. And if somebody have patience to do this stuff then go for it! Smiley
Thanks Smiley Good to hear that it's welcomed
TomNook120
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 04:10:44 PM »

37th Heart Piece explained Cheesy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVBvzvMS6Wc
Ecko
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 07:31:41 PM »

great stuff i am really interested on this looking forward to it
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 09:18:27 PM »

If you delete comments stating why your theories can't be true than I find this pretty hard to respect.

Reposting here:
Your theories about them "having to put odd mushroom somewhere as child" are simply not true. This is exemplified by your prediction that all adult trade items are somewhere as a kid and we just need to find them. They aren't - this can easily be verified with Utilities of Time. There are plenty of items that just don't appear as child or don't appear as adult. All the other adult trade items (as kid) are one example, Kokiri Sword (as adult) is another example.
Your idea about it being an accident is feasible, but only if "odd mush" and "heart piece" are stored in a similar way when in a chest. Someone can probably check the hex for this and see if odd mush in chest and heart piece in chest are a byte away or something. It is unlikely, but feasible.
The generally accepted answer is that the Odd Mush was originally intended to be obtained as child. We know a lot of things were changed throughout development - we don't know if the odd mush was even a trade item originally or if Gerudo Fortress was an adult area. Since they blocked the area off from child access, they didn't bother changing it later once the role of Odd Mush was changed (there is evidence of similar laziness in a lot of areas, especially with cutscenes). [You didn't remove this last paragaph, but I'm reposting here anyways]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 09:20:48 PM by RingRush » Logged

ded
oligi3008
Regular Guay

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 10:19:51 PM »

I love Zelda trivia, keep it up.  Wink

Before you save the world, kiss the princess or you might regret it.
TomNook120
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 11:28:14 PM »

If you delete comments stating why your theories can't be true than I find this pretty hard to respect.

Reposting here:
Your theories about them "having to put odd mushroom somewhere as child" are simply not true. This is exemplified by your prediction that all adult trade items are somewhere as a kid and we just need to find them. They aren't - this can easily be verified with Utilities of Time. There are plenty of items that just don't appear as child or don't appear as adult. All the other adult trade items (as kid) are one example, Kokiri Sword (as adult) is another example.
Your idea about it being an accident is feasible, but only if "odd mush" and "heart piece" are stored in a similar way when in a chest. Someone can probably check the hex for this and see if odd mush in chest and heart piece in chest are a byte away or something. It is unlikely, but feasible.
The generally accepted answer is that the Odd Mush was originally intended to be obtained as child. We know a lot of things were changed throughout development - we don't know if the odd mush was even a trade item originally or if Gerudo Fortress was an adult area. Since they blocked the area off from child access, they didn't bother changing it later once the role of Odd Mush was changed (there is evidence of similar laziness in a lot of areas, especially with cutscenes). [You didn't remove this last paragaph, but I'm reposting here anyways]
I'm sorry dude, repost it. It was like 4 am and I was tired and didn't want to be told I'm wrong.  So as I said these are theories, and some people are really enjoying what I have been saying. None of this could be true at all, we would never really know unless we sought out a developer. I also included your generally accepted answer. Please respect this small project again, i'm not looking to make enemies man Smiley
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 03:33:50 AM »

My theory has that the actor list for Child Link's version of Gerudo Fortress does not exist, and instead accesses invalid memory, much like how beta quest loads bad actor lists when invalid stage numbers are set.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
TomNook120
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 12:48:34 PM »

My theory has that the actor list for Child Link's version of Gerudo Fortress does not exist, and instead accesses invalid memory, much like how beta quest loads bad actor lists when invalid stage numbers are set.
Very possible, I'll implement this into my odd mush video
Coast
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 12:54:58 PM »

Actually the locations in beta quest have set actors. I have no idea why they set so many variations for some of the maps for example kakariko village has the basic child and adult then 8 other sets (although last is blank). Guessing some of them are for cutscenes. Another reason I would say it is not a bad actor list is because you can get to fortress as a child if you backtrack through the desert. They even put an npc in your way from other side blocking you from going into the fortress.

As for the odd mushroom. Guessing like ring rush said they probably were going to use the odd mushroom differently at first then they ended up changing it later and didn't bother moving it. The 37th heart piece might have been an earlier placement for it they probably originally had 1 in the valley or something. But take this worth a grain of salt because its just speculation/
oligi3008
Regular Guay

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 10:39:55 PM »

The chest is the same as child and adult, only the content is different. So if you open the chest as child, you cannot get the heart piece as adult.
Also why are the breakable grates in different position? There are also some at the horse shooting area.
And finally, the 50 rupee stands for the heart piece. In minigames like the chest game in the market you get a 50 rupee as second price.

Before you save the world, kiss the princess or you might regret it.
TomNook120
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 12:32:09 AM »

I mentioned a link between the 37th heart piece and the 50 rupee chest. Also, the crates lead me to believe that Child Link had his own Gerudo Fortress guise for a while until it was scrapped Smiley  They must have realized that the fortress served no purpose for Child Link, or had another storyline in mind which is really cool Cheesy
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 12:05:41 AM »

to me, the 37th HP might have been the last HP before they put the one that is inside the chest.

in their original setup, you'd get the odd mushroom from the chest and then get the 37th HP as your last HP, but then they changed the story and the odd mushroom's role. they only made the new version of GF for adult link and put the HP in the chest there but didn't bother changing the map for YL (it was really unecessary coding since "it wasn't possible to enter the fortress as a kid")

that's my theory.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
TomNook120
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 02:43:53 AM »

to me, the 37th HP might have been the last HP before they put the one that is inside the chest.

in their original setup, you'd get the odd mushroom from the chest and then get the 37th HP as your last HP, but then they changed the story and the odd mushroom's role. they only made the new version of GF for adult link and put the HP in the chest there but didn't bother changing the map for YL (it was really unecessary coding since "it wasn't possible to enter the fortress as a kid")

that's my theory.
And a good one too
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: