ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 11:02:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where did the Speed Demos Archive WW run go?  (Read 9837 times)
canard
Regular Guay

« on: August 14, 2011, 10:47:01 AM »

I could have sworn there was a run there a year or two ago -- it was super-super-long though. Anyone know why it's no longer there?
BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 12:29:17 PM »

All of TSA's runs were took down because he spliced alot of them together.
Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 04:59:55 PM »

You can still find it on archive.org here http://www.archive.org/details/ZeldaWindWaker_642
canard
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 11:02:50 PM »

Thanks for the answers.
Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 02:44:22 AM »

I wonder why they didn't put Marshmallow's run back up. I mentioned it in the topic, but they never did it.

we are on the verge of discovering a fully optimized barrier skip
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 11:30:13 PM »

I didn't know SDA had a run of wario's woods...

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 10:03:34 PM »

Don't try to be funny about it. You know we're talking about Wayne's World for SNES.

we are on the verge of discovering a fully optimized barrier skip
Mike
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 08:25:32 AM »

TWW run has no issues, so scrutinize it to death because you won't find anything wrong with it. It's a segmented run, and not a great one at that, and I'm still quite shocked nobody has obliterated this thing with a new video (though I bet on YouTube there's a run or two that does I never saw). I honestly got so bored with the game that I just wanted it all to be over. As pointed out in the comments, the run was strictly done as a follow-up to Marsh's run. I just watched his run, made alterations as I saw fit, and incorporated any tricks I knew/figured out along the way. Except for like one person, nobody really was into figuring out tricks and route adjustments for TWW back then, despite my pleas. The sail trick and jumping through the window in Forsaken Fortress shortcut are the only two tricks I figured out that I can remember off the top of my head, though somebody had to further explain the timing on the sail trick to optimize it. I also figured out the trick with the Tingle Tuner for that one mini-game where Link uses the Deku Leaf to glide over the ocean to that finish line. If you timed it right, you could cancel the depletion of your magic as you cross the line and actually refill you meter completely. That's how I got 500+ something yards or whatever it was back then in that Nintendo Power contest.
MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 08:52:03 AM »

Only downside to this is no one will get the 'honor' of beating tsa's submission at sda.

May get a recorder at year's end...
Mike
Regular Guay

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 11:31:22 PM »

Only downside to this is no one will get the 'honor' of beating tsa's submission at sda.

Nothing's preventing anyone from submitting a new run to SDA. As I recall, I thought several people were working on improved runs, but nobody ever submitted the new runs. You can still reference Marsh's or my run on Archive.org, and there's the threads here and on SDA with the most recent discussion. As somebody asked, I'm not sure why Marsh's run wasn't restored as the current run on SDA. Well, whoever does a run there has the "honor" of re-establishing the game as part of the current runs hosted on the site.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: