ZSR Forums
June 16, 2024, 12:10:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sub 1: slow text version  (Read 4947 times)
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« on: August 05, 2011, 04:49:06 AM »

Here's a route:

-intro
-sword
-aquaescape
-kak
-bottle
-bridge before night, get 60 rupees to have over 80 total
-shield
-dot skip

-20 rupees in market
-kak
-egg
-wess to lh
-tektite hover
-rod steal
-kak
-wake mario
-rba cucco
-cojiro
-rba
-get a bomb drop outside of graveyard (must have) (5)
-bomb the bushes in graveyard (14)
-exit kak trying to get 1 more bomb drop (guants ftw)
-hess to lw (13/18)
-pj (12/17)
-mush
-goron city (saves 2 bombs, skips hyrule cs, and you get to shop before night) (11/16)
-potion
-attempt to get a drop if you didnt last time (16)
-hess to lw (15)
-pj (14)
-saw
-magic (10)
-save
-ss to gv (9)
-megaflip over the bridge (Cool
-rba
-save
-boring cs
-ganon's castle
-trials skip (5)
-climb the castle
-gdorf
-try to not die by stalfos
-ss into ganon (4)
-.done

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 06:09:05 AM »

XD at that bomb route.  Good luck getting 4 luck bombs and tektite hover in 1 run and not have enough mistakes to make it over 1 hour.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 01:40:15 PM »

I extensively tested a route where you get a bomb drop from the 5 bushes in the kakariko grass (skips graveyard completely), then you pick up another 5 next time you are in kak, then you get 5 more from the beamos in ganon's tower. It turned out to be 12 seconds faster than just getting dampe's pot twice and then using one on the grass for one more. So it's not really worth it.

This is what I would do if I was going to add tektite hover:

-Get pot in market twice (20 for fishing, 20 for arrows)
-WESS to Hylia saves like 4 seconds according to ZFG's test runs. I wouldn't really bother with this. Especially because...
-After stealing rod, what are you doing? V1.0 probably gains time by savewarping, no idea how much. I really should test this.
-Don't RBA black gaunts, just bomb slot and cojiro
-2 drops from dampe, another drop from grass (14)
-SS out of Kak (13)
-HESS and GJ (11)
-GC rocks (10)
-SS out of Kak (9)
-HESS and GJ again (7)
-DMT rock (6)
-Magic rock (5)
-OI to play ZL (4)
-SS to Gerudo (3)
-Megaflip (2)
-Use last two for 5 more at beamos (5/6)
-Finish as normal

If you want more bombs, cut the kak Superslides, together they save like 12 seconds.

Good luck. This route is at least 2 minutes faster than the other RTA route so even with a few mistakes it's going to be much faster.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 04:23:17 PM »

Does 1.1 have the text skips in light arrow cutscene? Also I don't think that savewarp after rod is faster because of the amount of time it takes to reset, and you have to wait for day.

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 04:33:52 PM »

Only 1.0 has that LA fast text. If you aren't going to be using 1.0 then VC is probably the next best option.

Additionally, it takes ~14 seconds to save and be moving again on N64. I don't see you needing to wait for day at all. In my failed segmented run, I started from market, did tektite hover, saved in water temple water, and still didn't get to kak before day.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 05:38:58 PM »

Ahh I was thinking 1.1 would be the best choice (stick turns into master sword after light arrows).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: