ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:28:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830882 times)
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #900 on: October 16, 2012, 03:31:15 AM »

You should be able to set FW after watching the ganondorf death scene and be able to get back without issue... but a way to break the ww would be nice. Fox thinks perhaps using a warp song is what's breaking it...

Can you beat shadow as child? I suspect the blue warp, if you use it, will not appreciate you very much. You will probably have to cs skip and even then idk.
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #901 on: October 16, 2012, 03:48:47 AM »

I can't set FW after watching the ganondorf death cutscene, my screen is disabled, I cannot change my items to do restricted items. The only way (in my knowledge) to enable my screen is to die, then save and quit. But if I do this, I will reapear in Ganon's tower, right ? :­s

If I fall, I respawn to the entrance where I am supposed to be when I exit the Ganon's tower collapse right after leaving Gohma's room (it is the compass room I think). So I can enter correctly to this room, but when I leave, I appear on the child market place, like if I was leaving the shooting gallery

And about beating Bongo Bongo, I don't know if I can win against him as a child. Can we beat him without bow ? It's been a long time I haven't fought him
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 12:13:12 PM by Yggdrasill » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #902 on: October 16, 2012, 04:04:56 AM »

This is pretty much "Beta Quest". I'm somewhat disappointed it wasn't found in the "proper" Ocarina version first.

Important thing I want tested...

Collect all the stones, then watch the cutscene where Zelda throws the OoT. Create a FW warp point immediately after the cutscene, and test that one out.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #903 on: October 16, 2012, 04:18:57 AM »

You would have to have FW on B.
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #904 on: October 16, 2012, 04:33:02 AM »

a compilation of all this info would be great. lots of discoveries.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #905 on: October 16, 2012, 12:11:41 PM »

I can't set FW after watching the ganondorf death cutscene, my screen is disabled

Sorry it's a mistake, of course I can set a warp, my FW is always enabled.
And it works ! I can properly reach the final fight against Ganon
After I have set the warp, I just need to die, save and quit. Then when I load the file, my game return to normal state, the WW chain is stopped, and I can use FW to warp to Ganon's tower escape. So the only thing you need to reach Ganon's battle is to have FW !
I will upload a video tonight

You would have to have FW on B.

Why ? You can use restricted item to set the warp
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 12:19:13 PM by Yggdrasill » Logged
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #906 on: October 19, 2012, 08:15:36 AM »

ZFG found ocarina items to be able work with the bomb method. Grin You need use items like bottles or FW when he tries to put his hands down.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #907 on: October 19, 2012, 10:52:58 AM »

ZFG found ocarina items to be able work with the bomb method. Grin You need use items like bottles or FW when he tries to put his hands down.
It's not exactly easy though... There's at most 2 or 3 frames possible to get it and I think it's more like 2. Home buffering is helpful but it so won't work even close to every time. Also you know Link is about to put his arms down when he opens his hands for what I believe is the second time (first time is pretty brief). Still this is a pretty nice glitch to have.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #908 on: October 19, 2012, 11:30:59 PM »

lol I bet we could find more glitches if we test the old ones more....ocarina on B while in grotto death hole mode....just two simple glitches stacked on each other....
oligi3008
Regular Guay

« Reply #909 on: October 20, 2012, 03:14:11 PM »

And about beating Bongo Bongo, I don't know if I can win against him as a child. Can we beat him without bow ? It's been a long time I haven't fought him

You can hit the hands with the slingshot, if you don't have it, the sword also works. (As Adult you can also hit the hands with the hookshot)

Before you save the world, kiss the princess or you might regret it.
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #910 on: October 20, 2012, 04:53:28 PM »

Yes I have fought him since the last time and I've seen that we can beat him with only a sword, but thanks for your reply Oligi :­)

By the way, I have noticed that when we WW to a black screen, the magic meter becomes empty, and if we try to use a green potion, game softlock while Link is indefinitely drinking. So it seems that we cannot set a warp on a black screen :­(
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #911 on: October 20, 2012, 11:14:30 PM »

TheWayfaringFox and i found out how to get hookshot and windmill and dampe heartpiece as a child   Wink

LAXYXY
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #912 on: October 21, 2012, 02:41:17 PM »

we can probably get that heart piece corn was asking for Tongue...
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #913 on: October 26, 2012, 08:57:29 PM »

we can probably get that heart piece corn was asking for Tongue...

Mission accomplished...

...but not really. Even though I found a way to get young Link up into that alcove through death grotto wrong warping, the cutscene state that I was in had no objects loaded, including the heart piece. Pretty disappointing. Sad

The way that I got up there is actually pretty interesting. If you place a warp point at any of the Gerudo Fortress->Thieves' Hideout entrances, grotto warp over and then play the Sun's Song, you'll actually warp to a different GF->TH entrance.  This is how I got up there as young Link- I placed a warp at the isolated entrance where you have to jump from above to reach it (the one that leads to one of the carpenters). That seemed to be linked to the alcove one.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:05:26 AM by corneliab » Logged
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #914 on: October 27, 2012, 12:18:03 AM »

Oh! I think what's going on with sun's song is that it's putting you back at the entrance you tried to warp to, rather than the FW coordinates! If that's the case that could be helpful! Neat! Unfortunately you have to be in an area where sun's reloads the area. It doesn't work in dungeons Sad, but I guess it could work in the boss rooms. I bet if you warped to unloaded Jabu and then play's sun's song it would start the boss fight, just as an example.

I think if, instead of leaving, you recast FW and then save and reset, when you return, it should take you back to where you want to go. This only happens if the area the game thinks you're in and the area you actually are in are the same, which it is in this case.

So you left the 37th HP exit while still in death hole mode and it took you up to where the 37th HP is? I can't really explain why that happened except if playing sun's to reload an area cancel's WW mode, but if it does, why does is the game still using scene 0? And if that actually works, I wonder if ToT could be reloaded with sun's like this. The entrance in front of the pedestal that you would have to use, IDK if the FWWW is in bounds or not... It's gerudo fortress->thieves' hideout entrance 8.

EDIT: Yo, Sun's doesn't work in the hideout. You must have used Hideout->Fortress. Way to get my hopes up. -_-

EDIT 2: Ahaha I'mma stupid duh dying takes you back to the entrance too.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 03:36:31 AM by r0bd0g » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: