ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 08:41:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830764 times)
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #885 on: October 06, 2012, 02:39:58 AM »

I don't know if there's a video of this in normal Oot, but I managed to softlock my game in the castle courtyard by getting caught as soon as I entered the next area. It was annoying because it was an actual speedrun attempt when I this happened.

ya the same thing happened to me at gerudo fortress when I did the valley to wasteland run it was annoying Tongue
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #886 on: October 11, 2012, 10:58:26 AM »

i got a "softlock" in the statue outside the spirit temple while recording my direct capture OoT 3D playthough. i dropped down towards the statue after getting silver gauntlets and was caught in an infinite slide. the only way to escape was savewarping.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #887 on: October 11, 2012, 10:53:14 PM »

Tricks with Megasidehop/Megaflip hover boots trick:
-Crossing the Shadow Temple gap
-Reaching the ledge in the courtyard in Forest
-Crossing Water Temple gap to Morpha and to Dark Link
-Completing Fire Trial without longshot

I will list more when I find more tricks with this. Wink
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #888 on: October 15, 2012, 04:06:09 AM »

So I think I discovered a major glitch. I decided to death grotto with the Ocarina on B just to see what would happen. Right when I used the ocarina, my menu reactivated! Shocked Then I tried warping away with the minuet and my game crashed. I really need some help looking into this, because warping away with FW might work and other things that I don't know anything about might work as well.
Edit: Bolero warped me to Hyrule Castle as Adult! Cheesy Also the hole I used was the one outside the Forest Temple. So yeah, this is really big.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 04:37:46 AM by TheWayfaringFox » Logged
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #889 on: October 15, 2012, 03:36:38 PM »

Amazing find Fox Shocked Lets see what we can find with this Grin
Also If you use ocarina while you are on top of the gravitional hole, you can do some weird stuff. I froze the game in the forest maze by sidehopping. You can also escape the hole with this trick. Walking into a loading zone causes Link to do an infinite walk and the camera zooms inside his face. After that the camera rotates quickly 180 degrees. Im sure this is extremely old though Sad

Requiem brings to Desert colossus and you are invinsible, no objects present, everything else is normal also no music, only wind.

Prelude and serenade crashes

WHHHHAAAAAATTT THEEE FUUUCK Nocturne brings you at the end of Ganons tower escape!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

Light arrow skip is discovered Shocked

Does anyone want to see a vid of me fighting Ganon as a child?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 05:25:39 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #890 on: October 15, 2012, 10:10:01 PM »

WHA-WHA-WHA-WHA-WHAT!?!?!? Hahaha this is huge. And I thought this game was broken before. Now it's completely fucked up! Good work guys. I might just have to do some testing with this.. So if we have bottle on B at the beginning of a file can we RBA nocturne than get Ocarina on b as we go adult and do the warp to castle collapse for any% no WW?

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #891 on: October 15, 2012, 11:00:24 PM »

Well what I did was I started with ocarina on B then did the NG+ route for magic and got FW so I could WW into the Nocturne cutscene. Then I performed death hole and quit then I warped with the Nocturne to Ganon.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #892 on: October 15, 2012, 11:07:51 PM »

My theory is that the game uses the grotto entrance instead of the title screen and then goes into the title screen state, causing wrong warps with every entrance you use. But it's just so weird, lol. I hope that ocarina BA isn't required for this, and I hope that the weird interaction that exists between grottos and warp songs isn't playing a role. And I hope you guys try everything you can think of and more. Best case scenario is like, you do death hole, and then somehow chain wrong warps together until you reach the end of the game, hopefully without needing any items at all. Lol good luck with that. :p

Ben, obviously this is a wrong warp lol.
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #893 on: October 16, 2012, 12:06:36 AM »

Unfortunately you need to have been an adult for it to work, so...

It is the only way to start RBA as child link on a normal file (I mean a non NG+ file)

Otherwise, nice finds guys !

I have found a way to DoT skip using death hole glitch. At the beginning, everything is ok, you talk to the sage, you receive the light medaillon, but sadly, when the CS ends and you are brought back in the ToT, the game crashes... (black screen)

What I've done (if it can give some ideas to test) :
- Got FW
- Learnt Requiem of Spirit using FWWW in Dodongo's cavern
- Put FW from desert colossus  to Fairy (like in the PPL's video about ToT)
- Death hole glitch
- Used FW in the lakeside laboratory

Then you will be warped in the ToT with a black screen. However, you are in front of the pedestal, so you don't need to remember the ToT's map. Just press A (or step back before pressing A if it doesn't work) and the adult CS will begin normally.

I have also tried to put FW right after using the Nocturne of Shadow (learnt with the deku tree FWWW) but when I use FW in the lakeside laboratory, I appear in the ganon tower escape, but OoB :­(

By the way, I don't know if you know, but for using FW in the lakeside laboratory, (after performing the death hole glitch of course) you just need to die.

A last thing : if you save during a black screen, nothing odd happens (I was brought back to my kokiri house)
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #894 on: October 16, 2012, 12:17:16 AM »

Ygg, what happens if you set a warp when you are behind DoT?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #895 on: October 16, 2012, 12:28:56 AM »

I can't try this because I don't have FW on B and the FW I have on X (or Y) is disabled because I am on the ToT :­(
Moreover, my screens are black, so I can't use restricted item to put FW. But i will continue to do some tests

Edit : I have done your ToT inverted glitch (nice video !) then set a warp in the ToT, but when I use FW, it brings me back to the Fairy.
So I think it will be the same thing with the death hole glitch, but I'm not sure because this glitch and its warps are so weird !
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 12:36:52 AM by Yggdrasill » Logged
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #896 on: October 16, 2012, 12:34:12 AM »

So like, the entrance to the fairy fountain is the same coordinates as right in front of the pedestal? That's kinda lucky, lol. Or maybe you picked up some coordinates somehow in all the weirdness.

"Ygg, what happens if you set a warp when you are behind DoT?"
It should be tested but I expect you reappear at the fairy fountain when you return.

What happens if you try to set FW to somewhere that normally plays a cutscene when you arrive after a blue warp WW and then FW there after death hole WW?

Does using the ocarina have any affect other than just bringing the menu back?
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #897 on: October 16, 2012, 01:49:27 AM »

"What happens if you try to set FW to somewhere that normally plays a cutscene when you arrive after a blue warp WW and then FW there after death hole WW?"

It depends. I have tested from hyrule field to kakariko, and the warp is normal (maybe because I have already watched this CS ?)
But when I tried from kokiri forest to house of twins, the CS adult song was playing. I was able to move but I don't know where I was. (black screen)
If we could play properly a CS, it would be great ! Even if the screen is black, we can save by dying with bombs.

"Does using the ocarina have any affect other than just bringing the menu back?"

I don't know if it has other effects, but it seems that ocarina' songs are "linked" to the non black screen. I mean, if you just use FW in the lakeside laboratory, your screen turn black, but if you use the ocarina, OR if you set the FW after warping with a song, then FW in the lakeside laboratory, the screen won't be black.

EDIT : News ! As a child, I have set the warp in Gohma's room. When I used FW, I warped to Bongo Bongo's room ! When I lost, I have chosen to continue, then I was in the Dodongo's cavern main room !
And when I opened the door to go to King dodongo's room, I was back to Gohma's room

OMG ! If I leave Gohma's room, it happens the same thing as original OOT ! Ganon tower escape !!!

I will continue to test these death hole glitch FWWW tomorrow (4:24 AM for me now)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:01:21 AM by Yggdrasill » Logged
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #898 on: October 16, 2012, 03:01:19 AM »

That it doesn't turn black is probably a function of your entrance and not your ocarina. (edit: possibly it's both).

OK, so what you just did was you did a FWWW gohma->bongo. When you died, with blue warp fwww it would take you back to deku entrance, but because you're still in title screen mode, you did the deku->dc death ww too. That's neat because it means you could potentially chain together who knows how many wrong warps. What I hope is possible is something like, you death hole, and then you just go through loading zones until you reach ganon.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:39:47 AM by r0bd0g » Logged
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #899 on: October 16, 2012, 03:03:03 AM »

That it doesn't turn black is probably a function of your entrance and not your ocarina.

OK, so what you just did was you did a FWWW gohma->bongo. When you died, with blue warp fwww it would take you back to deku entrance, but because you're still in title screen mode, you did the deku->dc death ww too. That's neat because it means you could potentially chain together who knows how many wrong warps. What I hope is possible is something like, you death hole, and then you just go through loading zones until you reach ganon.

Lol, when you were writting this, I reached to Ganon tower escape, I edited my post, nice coincidence :­)

EDIT : Sadly, the WW continue even when I'm in the Ganon tower escape. Ganon is defeated, Zelda is talking to me, then she tells me that we need to escape. After that, the camera does a weird thing, it shows me the first entrance (the one where I leave Gohma's room) with an other Zelda...
And when I go through the first door (no bars, already opened) I WW to a black screen and I hear a horse.
I hope I will find a method to stop the WW chain. I can save to stay in the Ganon tower, it's not a probelm, but I will not be able to fight against ganondorf because we will need to refight the first form with lights arrow, and we cannot use them as child. Even if you use them, it acts like slingshot.

I will continue my tests, and I think I will do a video about this tomorrow
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:17:33 AM by Yggdrasill » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: