ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 08:27:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830750 times)
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #840 on: September 09, 2012, 11:23:56 PM »

Well guys I think I've found a more consistent RI WW. The baby steps method Cool

Basically get really close to the warp, do a baby step and do the RI right afterward. With this there is no need to time a side hop. I am now consistent at it in forest. I still need setups for the other warps though.

That's the method from OoT and the one I posted earlier ^_^

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #841 on: September 09, 2012, 11:50:42 PM »

That's the method from OoT and the one I posted earlier ^_^
Oh really? Well It works much better although you still have to get the RI, and you still only have one shot at it.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #842 on: September 10, 2012, 01:22:30 AM »

sidehop is easier imo

SERENADE CS SKIP CONFIRMED AND RECORDED will post later

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #843 on: September 10, 2012, 05:24:10 AM »

@Norkix CloudMax made a video a year ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyRYPlFQ5ys

I still think the sidehop method is more consistent, but it's probably because I prefer sidehopping altogether.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #844 on: September 10, 2012, 08:00:46 AM »

Probably doesn't work, but double check early prescription http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzGr-WpZBOs

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #845 on: September 10, 2012, 09:21:04 AM »

It doesn't work, I already tested it. I was in RG's chat and other people already said it didn't work as well.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #846 on: September 11, 2012, 01:44:49 AM »

@Fox That may be so, but I include a setup for an unbuffered method. I find home buffering to be very inconsistent (seeing as you need to press Home on the frame you need to press the actual button on) and that setup allows me to get it 25% of the time. But maybe thats just me...

Also, mzxrules, I don't know of any prescription skip, but I do know a trick called HOLD R LOL *trollface*
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 01:47:15 AM by Norkix » Logged

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #847 on: September 11, 2012, 02:35:55 AM »

Since people seem to be sharing these, my strat for RI is to start holding the items tab, start to mash the x/y, release the items tab. Its like 75% first try for me.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #848 on: September 11, 2012, 07:14:40 AM »

I mentioned this like way back when I explained some things about RI. Not sure if it'll help anyone.
After unpausing these is TWO frames where the restricted items is highlighted, however, it is only possible to use the item on the second frame.
You can tell them apart easily since during the first frame the upper screen will be faded black just like in the pause menu, while the second frame isn't faded at all. So even if it looks like you can use the item on the second frame, you reall can't.

And home buffering is quite easy actually. (I get a RI WW like 90% of the times, at least.) I usually get the correct frame on the very first buffer. Which really gives me the feeling that it isn't possible to activate the home menu during specific frames.. This is obviously a guess and I do not see why this would be the case. But I really get that feeling. I mean, I get the correct frame pretty much every single attempt. And if I were to  get a few frames to early, I could just continue to buffer until I get to correct one. This basically means that you have multiple attempts. (which logically should make it easier. If not, you're not good at buffering.).

I also believe that after you mash a butten, it is disabled for an extremely short duration. Like if you were to press an item one frame, it will be disabled on the next one. But this is obviously also a guess. This could explain why I sometimes fail when button mashing, but after practicing the timing and just pressing one, I get it almost every try too. (shouldn't it be easier to mash than to just press on exactly the right frame?)

TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #849 on: September 11, 2012, 08:04:48 AM »

I personally like just timing the button press (I'm kinda lazy at learning buffering) but other than that I don't know what help there is other than practicing it and learning new things. I personally don't know how to express my consistency with raw data because I think there are many variables with my own methods such as how much attention I'm paying or how much sleep I've had in the past 24 hours.

But alas, that's not why I logged on at this moment. What I really wanted to say is that I managed to somehow cutscene skip Saria's Song. I suspect that it might be because I have a strength upgrade and skipped getting the song, but I don't know what is entirely up with this. I really want this to be tested to see if it works in normal Oot as well, and I will see what I can find.

Okay, so walking in triggers the cut scene like normal, but warping in with the minuet gives me the song without watching it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 08:20:17 AM by TheWayfaringFox » Logged
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #850 on: September 11, 2012, 02:59:24 PM »

"warping in with the minuet gives me the song without watching it"

Unless there's something else going on... this is definitely not the case on normal OoT.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #851 on: September 13, 2012, 06:19:35 PM »

Okay, so I got the actor glitch to work in Jabu in MQ. I don't know if it's going to actually work properly or not...
The cow that leads to the boss door opening seemed to be functioning properly, but the door itself was already opened, so I'll have to check from a new file.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 06:32:55 PM by TheWayfaringFox » Logged
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #852 on: September 13, 2012, 08:02:44 PM »

Well, the actor glitch works properly in Jabu. The red parasite tentacle is skippable now. Grin IDK why it doesn't work properly in the well.
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #853 on: September 18, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »

I'm pretty sure this is old but it's still fun to do xD

http://m.youtube.com/?reason=8&rdm=7967#
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #854 on: September 18, 2012, 08:19:09 PM »

I'm pretty sure this is old but it's still fun to do xD

http://m.youtube.com/?reason=8&rdm=7967#
Umm I think that maybe wasn't the right link? Tongue