ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:44:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830979 times)
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #795 on: August 25, 2012, 08:02:44 PM »

I'll look for something.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #796 on: August 25, 2012, 08:05:57 PM »

Can you guys... Please? Honestly, this is worse thn the mst page, its just two guys making twitter updates. Stop adding useless pages to the thread.
Yep, yep Kix said it.
PS: Gotta love how r0b's in neopets, playing Hannah in the pirate caves etc.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:11:31 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #797 on: August 25, 2012, 08:22:00 PM »

I'm not sure if it'll save time if you can find it, b/c there are a few places where longshot might save time inside the temple, but it'd still be a good idea I think to have that kind of trick around as an option.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #798 on: August 26, 2012, 10:03:10 PM »

Small weird thing i found a few weeks ago, pretty sure its old. If you get the silver scale while swimming in the water via OOB the camera angle has this weird effect when walking around. Cant really remember.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
cloudzack117
Regular Guay

« Reply #799 on: September 03, 2012, 07:17:39 AM »

Quick question about the dot skip vid, and some other stuff.  How do you do the RI FW WW?(srry for the many abreviations)  I noticed in the MST thread that it is possible to perform cutscene skips using this method, but everytime i try i just end up touching the blue portal without using FW, even though i usually get the RI first try, it never works whenever  i try the sidehop.

[18:05] <@ingx24> im sorry did i just give you erectile dysfunction
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #800 on: September 03, 2012, 08:12:28 AM »

I've become somewhat better at RI warping so I'll explain how I do it. When Link performs a sidehop, there are multiple frames near the end where you can activate Farore's Wind. What you have to do is align yourself with the blue warp so that the sidehop will touch the very edge of the blue warp. Slightly before Link lands completely, hit the Items Menu. Then, you need to switch Farore's Wind with a usable item on X or Y in the boss room. Once you exit the Items Menu, you need to activate Farore's Wind with Restricted Items. To activate Restricted Items, you need to either time the button press on the exact frame (you need to be extremely alert and know the exact timing) or mash the button. I think that part ultimately varies from person to person. As for the sidehop itself, I think it's better to know when you'll touch the edge, so do that either with a setup or by having a visual indicator like me. Unfortunately, I can't help with an Indicator of this because I have yet to perform this.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #801 on: September 03, 2012, 11:38:42 PM »

I just did Water Temple early without a bomb Shocked
I don't know how (haven't had enough time to replicate it yet) but while I was searching for a more consistent Grunz clip method, which I may have found, I somehow went oob without a bomb. I immediately jumpslashed in held forward. I landed in water so I swam forwards a little, fell, jumpslashed again, and fell into more water. I have no idea how I did this, but now we know that it can be done! I'm going to test this some more to see if I can find how I did it and a setup. I think it may have to do with the angle you walk off the edge with and how far clipped in you are. If there's no consistent way to do this, I think I have a better way to grunz clip though Wink

Also as a side note, storage without forest water is now possible in the wind waker. The Gods must really hate us.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:02:46 AM by benstephens1000 » Logged

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #802 on: September 04, 2012, 01:38:50 AM »

That ledge is really dumb, I think. It's probably because sometimes Link stays on the ledge and sometimes he lets go for reasons I don't know. It's going to be much better now that no bomb is needed for the ledge, at least in my honest opinion.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #803 on: September 04, 2012, 02:46:48 AM »

Alright so I kind of have a setup... kind of. It's really random though and kind of stupid. Alright so I backwalk off the edge, get back up and L-target so that I do the whole 180 camera turn thing. Then I sidewalk to a normal grunz clip position, so like the 3 pixels of green between Link's feet. The I 180 and back walk off again but immediately get back up and do the 180 camera thing again. So now you have to sidewalk to the 3 pixels of green between Link's feet again, but this time make sure that you don't move forwards or backwards at all. This is difficult because the circle pad has no ridges at all. Once in position, go into first person and line the left side of your screen up with the highest point of the corner of the Lake Hylia house that is closest to you (what I mean by this is that the house has that flat portion of your roof. You want to line up the screen with the corner closest to you that makes up the flat part of that roof.) Once you have that lined up, exit first person and back up. Honestly this is so unforgiving and I don't know if it's worth it.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #804 on: September 04, 2012, 09:50:55 PM »

water temple without a bomb has been around for awhile maxx found it on accident months ago i also did it more then once months ago and what is with you and maxx both using a jumpslash i do it without jumpslash and just did it again after month of not playing still really easy my way

« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:00:38 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #805 on: September 04, 2012, 10:01:17 PM »

Honestly, would it kill you to put in a few commas or periods? Everyone else here does. EVERYONE. Even the people who dont speak English as a first language do.

To be on topic, I never officially posted here that silver rock skip is possible on 3DS. So there ya go.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #806 on: September 04, 2012, 10:06:55 PM »

yeah it would kill me kix not a grammar freak like you I don't see anything about grammar being a rule lol

on a side note if you don't like it ignore it simple as that i could care less about periods and commas in a place as outdated as this i do not give a fuck
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:08:35 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #807 on: September 04, 2012, 10:24:01 PM »

Before another argument ensues in these forums AGAIN, I would like to share this. Fire Temple BK skip in MQ has been discovered. What you have to do is lean into the torch near the door and lean back into it. Look at the door, equip Iron or Hover Boots, and lean back until the hookshot is at its highest point. Then, release the circle pad and once the hookshot's target drops a little bit, press the boots button. If he grapples the torch, then the button was pressed early. If he hits nothing, then it was timed late. When timed right, a high DJ/HJ is performed. This will clip Link Oob if he's lined in between the torch and the door, and from there you can proceed to the loading zone.
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #808 on: September 04, 2012, 10:29:31 PM »

don't worry fox, norkix isn't worth the time to even argue with he's simply insignificant.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #809 on: September 04, 2012, 11:06:50 PM »

I suppose it can't be helped Undecided Truce?

Okay, so while I was learning FWWW today, I got a decent setup for the megahop to basement in ItDT. From entrance (I was loading from a save), roll full speed forward, full speed forward left, Target, full speed forward, run straight right and jump, holding straight towards the vines. If you're not doing it from a save, when facing the Deku Baba, jump off the lower right side of the hexagon and hold towards the vines. Having done either of these, climb left as far as possible without rounding the corner and climb up. Then, sidehop right and let the Deku Baba hit your shield. After that, megahop.

I don't know if it's easier for you guys, but I always get the megahop this way and don't get it as much when I guess the position. I hope I didn't make it sound overcomplicated... Undecided

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: