ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:41:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830976 times)
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #705 on: August 01, 2012, 06:20:00 AM »

just got ice arrows no gerudo card with idj, this also means gate skip as adult this way as well
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #706 on: August 01, 2012, 07:43:32 AM »

just got ice arrows no gerudo card with idj, this also means gate skip as adult this way as well
Really? How'd you do it? That's pretty big!

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #707 on: August 01, 2012, 08:12:51 AM »

not really that useful in mst but maybe somewhere else just got past the girl blocking the way to archery range place then seam walked and megaflip did it with a reg bomb though didnt have chus lol and unloaded fortress like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoXeNDhbWcQ but as an adult getting past the girl uses then vines in fortress near her have to kind of angle idj holding forward then a late jumpslash as you are coming down you will land behide the wall of the vines so you will be inside the wall then use hover boots and roll towards the path where the archery range is i'd make a vid but it'd be hard with my built in webcam lol
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #708 on: August 01, 2012, 10:37:34 AM »

I found that oob too, but I didnt realize that you can do that  Embarrassed do you mind if i record it?
Taylor i tried kakariko roofs the best roof was on top of Impas house you can DJ there but i didnt fin anything interesting.
PS:i have a great title in mind.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:57:28 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #709 on: August 01, 2012, 01:13:17 PM »

yeah you can record the gerudo fortress oob if you want
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #710 on: August 01, 2012, 03:13:03 PM »

Video up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF4M3FQKfeo&

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #711 on: August 01, 2012, 03:23:35 PM »

I meant to speak about this for a while now. I'm new here, and I am practicing Oot 3d Master Quest. I've been meaning to try to help out with speed runs and tricks regarding this game, but I am shy. I don't have any means of recording at this moment, however I have discovered some good tricks.

1: HESS with a bombchu (Adult Link Only):
Steps:

1. Shield drop a bombchu and slice it

2. Pause the game, get in ess position

3. Unpause game

I think that this a quick and accurate method to initiate HESS in this game. Spinning around takes too long.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #712 on: August 01, 2012, 04:11:32 PM »

Don't be shy TheWayfaringFox. We don't bite... much Tongue Please feel free to bring any ideas you have to the table because we all appreciate them very much.

As for this setup you just mentioned, it sounds like quite a good idea, especially for me because for some reason I am very bad as HESS. Do you know why it is that this only works as an adult perhaps?

Keep up the good work Pedalpower, but it could be better. I expect 3 more videos before the end of the week or we'll have to let you go Wink

Also, I'll be away for the next 2 weeks with no internet, so try not to do too much while I'm away Wink
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:14:30 PM by benstephens1000 » Logged

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #713 on: August 01, 2012, 04:38:20 PM »

Keep up the good work Pedalpower, but it could be better. I expect 3 more videos before the end of the week or we'll have to let you go Wink

Also, I'll be away for the next 2 weeks with no internet, so try not to do too much while I'm away Wink
>:O
Hi there Fox, nice to see someone running MQ

Lol
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #714 on: August 01, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »

Don't be shy TheWayfaringFox. We don't bite... much Tongue
speak for your self xD

oh and see ya Ben Ill find something epic for your return......
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #715 on: August 01, 2012, 05:12:20 PM »

The Hess with a bombchu only works as Adult link because Child Link not only moves slighly slower, but also has a shorter attack range. I have another setup with bombs that are more accurate.
Whenever Link is in the ESS position, he siderolls when A is pressed. If Link siderolls right or left away from a bomb, he will not take damage and have a HESS set on a 90 degree angle. This is more accurate than using a bombchu, but it is slower.

And Ben, I really suck at HESSing off of enemies, so bombs aren't really that bad. Smiley

Thanks PedalPower, though I haven't created a route yet. There are still plenty of things I want to find, like more Boss Key skips.

Speaking of Boss Key skips, there's one for the Water Temple in MQ now. I found a new clip with the hookshot when you buffer it with a good angle upon a corner and stop, Link's hand will clip through two walls and be able to shoot it upward. With this new glitch I was able to shoot up at the hookshot thing on the right near the boss door (as some doors can be clipped as well) to clip oob and then I shielded a bombchu (there's no void so it doesn't crash) and the damage boost made me land in the boss door. This dungeon can be skipped completely now, but I don't know if I am able to just yet. Soon I'm going to have to check 2 hookshot places to see if I can skip the longshot.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #716 on: August 01, 2012, 05:17:13 PM »

A NEW BOSS KEY SKIP!!! Nice work Fox keep up the good work (also do you want me to record it? Also is the trick difficult? Does it require hovers?)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:19:48 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Lol
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #717 on: August 01, 2012, 05:21:37 PM »

Pedal Power, please record it. It's not extremely difficult, but the bombchu timing is a little awkward. If you shield it too fast, it will stick to the wall. Other than that, go for it. 
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #718 on: August 01, 2012, 05:26:36 PM »

Sorry can you explain the aiming up glitch a bit more and where to do it im a bit confused Embarrassed
Is it something like facing the corner between the door and that grey part near the hook/longshot thing?
Also is it left or right side looking at the door.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:38:58 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Lol
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #719 on: August 01, 2012, 05:40:02 PM »

Certainly Pedal Power. Once you activated the crystal switch on the wall near the boss door, move toward the corner on the right. Line Link up near the corner, and switch to first to first person view. Make the corner on the left of link's eyesight. Once you have the corner lined up, hookshot buffer (press L over and over) and let go when link touches the corner. If done right, you will see link's hand and a black area. Next, move the hookshot to the bottom left of the hookshot panel until it disappears. Then shoot and you should clip out.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: