ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 10:46:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830843 times)
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #630 on: June 22, 2012, 12:58:52 AM »

Megaspin? explain please

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #631 on: June 22, 2012, 02:17:57 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxrISvOcE3c

Be warned of its controversial awesomeness.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #632 on: July 12, 2012, 08:39:41 PM »

Howdy! I'm sure you regulars already know this, but there is now a new way to get into shadow temple early using the wonders of wrong warp. This can either be done by getting Farores Wind or having an NG+ file with Farores Wind before completing either the Deku Tree or Dodongo's Cavern.The warp must be set on the main entrance of Kakiriko Village, so you must enter Kakiriko Village via Hyrule Fields and place a warp. Next you must wrong warp in either of the two dungeons mentioned before. This will send you to Kakiriko Village where you will receive the the Nocturne of Shadow cutscene. Once you get the song, and hear Ganon's theme creepily playing for about two seconds after the cutscene, you will be able to warp to the graveyard.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #633 on: July 12, 2012, 08:45:42 PM »

I didn't hear the song and I'm pretty sure i know why. I entered the cutscene at night when it happen but you probably did it when it was morning so it probably glitched the cutscene, or something. Or then its a ntsc only thing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #634 on: July 13, 2012, 05:09:59 PM »

With the wrong warp to silver gauntlets cutscene in Deku Tree, if you use NG+ hammer for magic you can now get bombchus early in spirit temple. EDIT: Apperently not.

On another note, I found that by doing the forward stab with a two-handed sword you can get through the gate in shadow temple. Would be much nicer if I could pull it off with master sword.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:31:53 AM by gamestabled » Logged

LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #635 on: July 13, 2012, 08:12:32 PM »

With the wrong warp to silver gauntlets cutscene in Deku Tree, if you use NG+ hammer for magic you can now get bombchus early in spirit temple.

On another note, I found that by doing the forward stab with a two-handed sword you can get through the gate in shadow temple. Would be much nicer if I could pull it off with master sword.

Don't think Bombchu without the goron bracelet will work that way you'd also need to hammer fairy fountain to get farores wind and im pretty sure that doesnt work just destroys the rock not the wall if i am not mistaken still need bombs to get farores wind so the wrap to silver guantlet chest while starting with hammer on b for early chus as well is impossible can only happen after bombs in which it wouldnt be early chus lol

actually this was already mentioned earlier in this thread getting farores wind with hammer on b before bombs is not possible.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:51:58 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #636 on: July 14, 2012, 10:31:50 PM »

Found a neat little time saver: if you wall down the pit in Fire, the one that goes back to the main room with the bridge (not the one in the Hammer room), you can quickly recover by climbing up onto the stationary block in the lava (that lifts into the air when you climb onto it) and falling off, then standing underneath it to make it crush you. It spawns you back at door at the top.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #637 on: July 17, 2012, 08:55:48 PM »

Hey Gamestabled, how do you get through the shadow temple gate with a two handed sword? I've been trying it for a bit but nothing has worked so far.

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #638 on: July 17, 2012, 09:33:49 PM »

Hey Gamestabled, how do you get through the shadow temple gate with a two handed sword? I've been trying it for a bit but nothing has worked so far.

Stand about in the place that the console version does the jumpslash clip, target the wall and do forward stabs. It seems pretty random when you do or dont make it, it can take a while.

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #639 on: July 17, 2012, 10:12:54 PM »

Found a semi setup for gateclip, its hard to explain.
1.stand in the jumpslash clip place. The floor has those black things with nails on them. Theres one black line that goes behind Link. Pay attention to the second nail. (its easier to see it if you use the motion camera control)
2.Hold L and start walking in place" (actually towards the gate)
3.Forward slash once when Links right foot covers about half of the second nail
Ill post a video later. Gateclipping is impossible if we dont find something that goes as fast as BS forward slash.

E:got through it with a bomb Shocked
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:21:25 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Deku Scrub

« Reply #640 on: July 25, 2012, 12:21:07 AM »

Not sure if this has been discovered already.
You can hover-boost from the map treasure chest in the Fire Temple to the ledge nearby.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvQ0cyrrL2M
This lets you skip one more key and the short fire wall cutscene.
I think this saves a few seconds if you don't mess up, so it's probably only worth it if you're consistent at hover-boosting.

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #641 on: July 28, 2012, 11:11:31 PM »

Just though I'd put this out there: I now have ZSR editor along with Gamestabled, so if you get a chance to take a look at the 3DS ZSR page, it would be nice to see what needs to be updated/added, since I'm not entirely sure myself. I just added this page: http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/routes/mst-ng but if you think anything else should be added, just contact me or Gamestabled and we'll get it in.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #642 on: July 29, 2012, 03:03:45 AM »

Just though I'd put this out there: I now have ZSR editor along with Gamestabled, so if you get a chance to take a look at the 3DS ZSR page, it would be nice to see what needs to be updated/added, since I'm not entirely sure myself. I just added this page: http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/routes/mst-ng but if you think anything else should be added, just contact me or Gamestabled and we'll get it in.

Just to add more on this, I plan on starting by updating dungeon strategies for MST and adding wrong warp info. After that, I think I will just work through this thread adding anything not already on the pages.
If you notice a trick somewhere that doesnt have a video recorded, you can help by making one and sending it to us to add. Thanks guys!  Smiley

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #643 on: July 29, 2012, 03:15:32 AM »

Will do Taylor and GS. It looks like 3ds capture devise is right around the corner so as soon as I get my hands on one you can be sure I'll be making lots of videos for you to add.

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #644 on: July 29, 2012, 09:15:43 AM »

Dont have 200 bucks with me (i have currently about 120 bucks and im saving on wiiu) and i suck with soldering. So if ben is buying it i think i dont have anything to do around here. Yea ill just delete my youtube account, because my videos suck. Grin (small mistake but bens name is missing one zero in the mst ng route help)
I also found a new way to skip trials, not sure if it works while the barrier is up though. Its much much easier. Probably my last video if it works. Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:25:43 AM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Lol
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: