ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:31:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830884 times)
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #600 on: April 12, 2012, 08:05:32 PM »

Just did something interesting, though I'm almost positive it's been done.

If you're doing WWT and pull out your ocarina, there's an effect where the camera sort of reaches out from the sign to Link after you put the Ocarina way (much easier to see where you are in WWT). If you reach a zone where you load something else, in my instance I walked and read the kokiri hole of L sign and headed to the Deku Tree (where the deku tree image loads), you can move around with a normal camera and still be walking while talking. I think you need the Ocarina camera trick for this, though you can get to the load point without it using the mini-map. Everything is normal, except pressing A would bring you to the "Check/Talk" softlock, and L is completely disabled. I tried the ocarina trick to get past Mido or the guard to Hyrule Field, but both actors were still there. I think the Ocarina reloads the actors. Reminds me of the useless Dive Timer on Land, because it seems useless.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:37:55 PM by Tom Nook » Logged

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #601 on: April 13, 2012, 09:56:49 PM »

Just got on sockfolder's stream when new any% break was found. I think we need Ocarina Items

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #602 on: April 13, 2012, 10:07:44 PM »

Put ocarina on b with new game plus. Works the same as ocarina items. I made a thread, lets make it happen! Ganon as child!

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #603 on: April 15, 2012, 07:09:10 PM »

Just did something interesting, though I'm almost positive it's been done.

If you're doing WWT and pull out your ocarina, there's an effect where the camera sort of reaches out from the sign to Link after you put the Ocarina way (much easier to see where you are in WWT). If you reach a zone where you load something else, in my instance I walked and read the kokiri hole of L sign and headed to the Deku Tree (where the deku tree image loads), you can move around with a normal camera and still be walking while talking. I think you need the Ocarina camera trick for this, though you can get to the load point without it using the mini-map. Everything is normal, except pressing A would bring you to the "Check/Talk" softlock, and L is completely disabled. I tried the ocarina trick to get past Mido or the guard to Hyrule Field, but both actors were still there. I think the Ocarina reloads the actors. Reminds me of the useless Dive Timer on Land, because it seems useless.

Pretty sure most of this is known for 64. The reason Mido/Kokiri Guard are unloaded during WWT is due to the direction/position of the camera. If the camera is too far away from certain types of actors, the game won't draw them which also means that any scripts (like the invisibile barrier for the guard, or the blue warp sucking you upwards) won't be processed.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
DarkUGS
Deku Scrub

Ocarina Of Time 3D Glitches

« Reply #604 on: April 21, 2012, 06:33:23 AM »

This was alreadu discovered ?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DubDRFKs8g&sns=em

UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #605 on: April 21, 2012, 10:13:05 PM »

this is old. i used it back when i beat the game the first time. it was one of the first reconfirmed tricks.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #606 on: May 10, 2012, 01:18:06 AM »

Okay, this is super minor, but I figured I'd post it anyways.

If you press A just before landing a leap (jumping at full speed), your roll will be quite a bit faster than normal. Just a really small but useful trick.

Also, you can backflip off the DMT cliff before the cutscene with the bomb flower blowing open DC starts. A useful timesaver for any kind of run and probably already known.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:21:02 AM by SamusXLink » Logged

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #607 on: May 16, 2012, 12:29:52 AM »

This is completely irrelevant since we no longer need B Bottle for anything, but I Stole the Rod, got B Deku Stick and went to get B Bottle so I could BA Hammer for 100%. However, I sidehopped instead of backflipping and got Halfmilk on B. When I drank it, it was empty afterwards. Just thought this was interesting.

Edit: this only happens when you have empty B (the kind where you have a Master Sword icon on the B Button, but pressing it makes the 'ne-ne' sound.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 12:49:08 AM by SamusXLink » Logged

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #608 on: May 16, 2012, 12:44:53 AM »

I Stole the Rod, got B Deku Stick and went to get B Bottle so I could BA Hammer for 100%. However, I sidehopped instead of backflipping and got Halfmilk on B. Just thought it was interesting.

Your targeted inventory slot must have held a value 26, which is full milk. When emptying any bottle, the first thing checked is if the bottle contained value 26, which under normal circumstances is full milk. That button pressed, in this case b, no matter what it's previous contents were, are then replaced by half-milk.

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #609 on: May 16, 2012, 12:52:04 AM »

Your targeted inventory slot must have held a value 26, which is full milk

Do you mean the II button or a slot in the Items screen? I had a full milk in the items screen and an empty bottle on II.

Also, Link dumps a fish out of the bottle when I put it on B, and the bottle is not white until I activate the drinking cutscene. I guess this is irrelevant and a visual glitch respectively?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 12:56:10 AM by SamusXLink » Logged

DarkUGS
Deku Scrub

Ocarina Of Time 3D Glitches

« Reply #610 on: May 16, 2012, 12:53:18 AM »

Wassssuuupp Noobs lol Grin

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #611 on: May 16, 2012, 12:56:34 AM »

Was the bottle on II duped, or RBA'ed, by any chance?

Hello, darkugs aka themebejenette

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #612 on: May 16, 2012, 12:58:06 AM »

Noobs?

Yah dont be hatin this guy tom nook has the world record

DarkUGS
Deku Scrub