ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 08:49:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830769 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
mysticremen11
Regular Guay

hyes!

« Reply #360 on: July 20, 2011, 06:30:10 AM »

Hey guys i have theory on a possible DoT skip and i doubt it will work but first i need to know when you TSC into the door does is forcibly move you out?

If it doesnt here is my theory:
1.TSC into door
2.Get isg using known method while in door if possible
3.Use bomb to hover while OoB
4.When past door side hop to otherside
5.If it works win if not atleast its a good theory

Btw i cant test this so i hope some else with game can and is willing to attempt this if they think it will work!

<@Cosmo> ive only drawn naked people recently
RBABot   [SEEN] elminster was last seen in #zelda 0secs ago saying ".seen elminster"
NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #361 on: July 20, 2011, 07:53:11 AM »

I think, you need a jar/plant or something that drops a heart to make a isg in 3D.

Tongue
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #362 on: July 20, 2011, 08:21:41 AM »

I found something a little odd a while back that doesn't seem very useful, but I don't know. It might be something significant.

There's a little spot to the left of the rock triangle beneath the wood plank in Gerudo Valley where diving will cause you to hop a little bit out of the water after surfacing. It's just to the left of the left-most rock.

Odd, but doesn't seem too useful.

Oh, and I found this interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwi9OL1CcII&feature=channel_video_title

I commented on it, but I'll post an improved version of what I posted below for convenience.

This could probably be used to get under the ice of Zora's Domain as an adult and bypass the gate that blocks the Water Temple, right? I guess you could also use it with Bottom of the Well (Green Bubble and small pool in front of Triforce) to get under the bone piles for early Bombchus and maybe in Gerudo Valley to bypass the gate and guards as a child. (Plant bomb in shallow part of the pool beneath the bridge, die from the blast while swimming, and then listen to Navi. She'll have to be trying to tell you something.) And by bridge in Gerudo Valley, I mean the plank of wood, not the actual bridge. By the way, listening to Navi has a much smaller window in the 3DS version than it does in the original.

We know about that glitch, glitchesandstuff found it, I chat with him all the time in the IRC.
Also, we already have a way to get to spirit temple as a child, I do not see how this would make it easier for us.
This should not let us clip through the pile or the gates. We have only clipped through NPCs with WWT. :s

Try to get into the basement of BotW while the upper room is loaded, this should allow us to get chus.

And yes, it is much harder to do on 3ds, I was going to make a video of it on 3ds the day it was discovered on n64, but never got around doing it as I always failed while recording Wink

Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #363 on: July 20, 2011, 12:26:06 PM »

Hey guys i have theory on a possible DoT skip and i doubt it will work but first i need to know when you TSC into the door does is forcibly move you out?

If it doesnt here is my theory:
1.TSC into door
3.Use bomb to hover while OoB
4.When past door side hop to otherside
5.If it works win if not atleast its a good theory

Btw i cant test this so i hope some else with game can and is willing to attempt this if they think it will work!
It won't work. The door push you out. You can't get isg witout a heart drop. And if you take a bomb out during isg, it will cancel it.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
mysticremen11
Regular Guay

hyes!

« Reply #364 on: July 20, 2011, 04:31:50 PM »

It won't work. The door push you out. You can't get isg witout a heart drop. And if you take a bomb out during isg, it will cancel it.

I thought you could do it with a bottled fairy oh well and what if you use a trade item to put sword away than pull bomb out does isg still cancel?

RBABot   [SEEN] elminster was last seen in #zelda 0secs ago saying ".seen elminster"
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #365 on: July 20, 2011, 04:44:22 PM »

I thought you could do it with a bottled fairy oh well and what if you use a trade item to put sword away than pull bomb out does isg still cancel?

Trade items does not put away the sword, it just hide the sword. (you will still see the sword slash effect while pulling out the trade item), and when you put away the trade item, you'll still have ther sword in your hand.

And it does not work with bottled fairy, the idea is to get healed before touching the ground, which means that we'll have to touch either a fairy or heart before landing.

mysticremen11
Regular Guay

hyes!

« Reply #366 on: July 20, 2011, 04:51:05 PM »

Trade items does not put away the sword, it just hide the sword. (you will still see the sword slash effect while pulling out the trade item), and when you put away the trade item, you'll still have ther sword in your hand.

And it does not work with bottled fairy, the idea is to get healed before touching the ground, which means that we'll have to touch either a fairy or heart before landing.

Ah I thought everything wrong lol this why I need to get the game Cry

Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #367 on: July 22, 2011, 10:52:44 AM »

Something weird just happen. If you warp (FW) to your house during Ganon battle, you het to title screen.

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #368 on: July 22, 2011, 11:20:35 AM »

Something weird just happen. If you warp (FW) to your house during Ganon battle, you het to title screen.

I did some testing and I figured out how it works.
If you exit boss battle and set your Farore's wind point after that, then warp back, you return to the title screen!
Cheesy

Awesome find MIM! Smiley

Gonna try to warp away from fishing pond and epona to see if something happens, heh.

Edit:
You can create a NG+ file by doing this.
I am stupid. I did it from the fishing pond while I had fishing rod on B. Gotta try without doing that, lol.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:26:55 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #369 on: July 22, 2011, 12:12:06 PM »

In oot3d if you save in house as adult libk, you'll start in house. No glitch here.

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #370 on: July 22, 2011, 12:15:10 PM »

In oot3d if you save in house as adult libk, you'll start in house. No glitch here.

I cant remember saving... Maybe I'm just confused. ohh well.

Anyway, you can not start a NG+ file with this. It was only because I had rod on B that it worked, tried without it now.

Gonna try to return to the main menu when I have a timer on.

_____

You can duplicate actors if you load an area twice in a row, without unloading it. I did it with the DC main room by mistake D:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eozVDuE5p5E
And yes, I know, it is possible on n64, I looked it up on the oot pages Smiley

_____

A picture of me standing on the "seam" in the graveyard. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6440063/OoT/IMGA0015.JPG
The problem is that we only know how to get up there with the use of hover boots, so it isn't really useful, unless you BA hover boots, lol.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 06:21:22 PM by CloudMax » Logged