ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:29:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830925 times)
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #330 on: July 11, 2011, 09:08:48 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YnUzO91RJs

Shadow Temple early boat confirmed on 3DS!

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #331 on: July 12, 2011, 12:10:44 PM »

The new ISG method works with dekustick, megaton hammer and biggoron's sword aswell.
Pulling out a trade item does not cancel ISG, as you do not really put away the sword, you just hide it.
Changing boots does not cancel it either, obviously.

Only items that puts away the sword cancels the effect, and nothing else.

ISG with megaton hammer does break Jars, while master sword and biggoron's sword doesn't. I did not try if deku stick could break stuff.

Putting away hammer and dekustick also cancel ISG.

Climbing up ladder/vines/etc aswell as grabbing a ledge also cancel ISG.

Opening a door and entering a new area cancels ISG.

Starting a cutscene cancels ISG (Tried on a door switch)

I am doing some more testing (I get the Jar method 1/3 of the times now, and I use the Jar in the spirit temple main room (the big room with the boss door, etc.) to test as much things as possible.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:49:25 PM by CloudMax » Logged

ByrZ
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #332 on: July 12, 2011, 12:22:10 PM »

ISG with megaton hammer does break Jars, while master sword and biggoron's sword doesn't. I did not try if deku stick could break stuff.
Yesterday when I was testing, I found out that sometimes you actually do damage with MS and sometimes not, I don't know what triggers it.
PS. I can get the ISG off jars on flat floor almost every try.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #333 on: July 12, 2011, 12:26:06 PM »

Yesterday when I was testing, I found out that sometimes you actually do damage with MS and sometimes not, I don't know what triggers it.
PS. I can get the ISG off jars on flat floor almost every try.

I also get it almost every try, and I use it on a jar that is on flat ground, not next to the stairs at the temple entrance. between every 3rd and 2nd try basically.

And it is weird about the pots, I've done the ISG about 20 times now due to all different tests, and still have never been able to break pots with MS Sad

ByrZ
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #334 on: July 12, 2011, 12:39:59 PM »

And it is weird about the pots, I've done the ISG about 20 times now due to all different tests, and still have never been able to break pots with MS Sad
Weird indeed, I think I can break the pots on 1/3-1/2 of the time with MS. It also seems that the ISG deactivates when you climb on so high ledge that Link must jump.
EDIT: Finally got a succesful hover off a jar being high enough from ground. I also might know what triggers if MS breaks stuff or not, it seems to be depending of the timing of the jumpslash, if you don't get MS to break stuff, I think you should do the jumpslash little earlier.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:54:11 PM by ByrZ » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #335 on: July 13, 2011, 12:19:46 PM »

I managed to do trial skip with just one explosive. I used a chu, but it is also possible with bombs (as I found it using a bomb)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl_qCqv2Mk0

Note: This is a billion times trickier than it looks. It could very well be close to pixel perfect, and it may require a very optimal megaflip.
On a file where you have removed the barrier it is a piece of cake, but on a file with barrier (the file I recorded my video on), the barrier block almost the entire reachable part of the zone.
I am trying to make a setup, the problem is that I cant tell if it is the flip, position or angle that is wrong when I fail.
If the flip is done incorrectly, you will loose to much height before you reach the zone. and it looks identical if you aim slightly wrong, or have slightly wrong positioning, so it is pretty much impossible to tell.

What we need is an OoT TASer. This glitch is possible on n64 (yay), so if someone who is good at TAS could find the exact positioning and angle, that would be awesome.

I have done about 100 flips (Counting from the first time I actually managed to pull it off), and I still have no idea how the heck I manage to do it. It feels random, but it obviously isn't.

If we can get this consistent, it should be easier than MrGrunz method (especially for those who are bad at megaflip + damage boost), it would require less explosives, and it is possible with chus. MrGrunz method obviously require normal bombs Smiley

The new hookshot megajump found by Glitchesandstuff also work on the 3ds. I used iron boots under water and hooked the LH tree just as I died.
Proof: http://www.justin.tv/cloudmax94/b/290103786
I'll try to record the entire megajump and the ISG method with bombs later.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:03:18 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #336 on: July 13, 2011, 06:34:46 PM »

Yesterday I've found the hookshot poke from the Like-Like room to the sand room in the Spirt Temple and today I've found another hookshot poke in the Forest Temple.
The giant main room to the well/sewers area.

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
kokiri.swordsman
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #337 on: July 13, 2011, 08:52:08 PM »

so... in OoT64 the ISG did the PCS damages, since it was initialized using a crouch stab...
does that mean that in OoT3D, ISG will do jump strike damages, since that's what it's initialized with?
i would assume so..
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #338 on: July 13, 2011, 09:03:45 PM »

so... in OoT64 the ISG did the PCS damages, since it was initialized using a crouch stab...
does that mean that in OoT3D, ISG will do jump strike damages, since that's what it's initialized with?
i would assume so..

Yes.

We get different results by doing it with megaton hammer (Jars does not seem to break with sword sometimes. Always work with hammer)

Firemonkuu
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #339 on: July 14, 2011, 02:48:09 AM »

I discovered a glitch that allows you to play the ocarina in Death Mountain Crater. You must firstly not have the Goron Tunic equipped and have a bottled fairy for this glitch to be performed properly. You must then proceed to the broken bridge (it is west on the map from the warp song platform) and L-Target your way backwards until you are able to climb down on the bridge. It does not matter how high you are on the hanging piece of bridge, as long as you are high enough that you will not fall. Wait until the timer ends so that you die and allow the fairy to revive you. Now, quickly select the ocarina, for you only have about a second or two to remain in the lava. If you do not play a warp song, such as Saria's Song, then you shall be warped back to ground by the lava, except Link will not display a hurt animation if he still has the ocarina in his hands. I apologize for the poor video and audio quality, yet it is all that I have. Please enjoy this glitch! (this information is also in the description of the video)
Edit: Thanks to CloudMax, you can also use a bottle in the lava. You can actually use any usable item.
Link to Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vyF16MOgXg&feature=channel_video_title
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 01:37:59 PM by Firemonkuu » Logged

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #340 on: July 14, 2011, 10:47:50 AM »

It appears that jumpslash still has the ability to clip, I just found a place that worked in zoras domain, allows you to get under the ice.
If you use megaflip as young link you'll clip OoB.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-df2i-4dOQ

EDIT:
I found a new way to use any item anywhere!!!
After a bottled fairy revive you, you have about one second to use any item you want, without restrictions.
This should make it possible to use any items in any area where you can die, even though you do not have an usable item in the area. (Now we just need to find a way to die in the fishing pond and we'll eventually be able to steal the fishing rod as young link).

EDIT2: I can not seem to replicate it, apperently... I do not know what exactly triggered it.. I'll look into it later..
There IS another way to do it.. But I am not sure exactly why it happened.. :S

I did it while messing around outside of fire temple (without tunic). I can not remember if I died by bombs, lava, or because the timer.
I did however do it after getting revived by a fairy...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:06:01 PM by CloudMax » Logged

SnowMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #341 on: July 14, 2011, 04:11:12 PM »

$10 says we'll find a way to skip DoT with jumpslash
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #342 on: July 14, 2011, 05:06:28 PM »

It appears that the restricted items glitch works using a blank slot. HOWEVER, it appears that it does not work in houses, the fishing pond, etc.
I have reason to believe that the blank slots is linked to where deku sticks can be used OR they just decided to code where you are allowed to use a blank slot. Your choice.

I got so happy when I first found this but then tried in fishing pond and it didnt work Sad

lemonairable
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #343 on: July 15, 2011, 02:12:42 AM »

Just thought that I'd post this here, since i didn't see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTaBXZuo2jA&feature=channel_video_title

Might have some uses. All credit goes to Robotortoise.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #344 on: July 15, 2011, 09:53:20 AM »

Well, this works with the standard sword aswell. Just have the sword out, draw the sword and pause as fast as you can.
It has nothing to do with bottle even.

But you really just pause during the animation of link putting away the item, it is before the entire master sword cutscene and event even start. It is just a delay, I do not believe anything happens during this animation. It is after the animation is over and everything gets disabled that Master Sword appear on B.

I'll look into it anyway though.

I actually discovered something else when messing around.
You can have 0 health when you draw the master sword if you draw the sword like exactly when a bomb explodes.
I was hoping that I would die and keep master sword as younglink, but that was not the case, I died like the first possible frame after turning adult.
I am going to try to do this when you draw the master sword for the first time. Maybe we will be able to skip some of the cutscene (like when you talk with shiek after turing adult).
I do not really think it would work, but maybe. It would allow us to save some decent amount of time.
Dying with bottled fairies gives the same result, except that you get healed by the fairy after the cutscene is over.

Doing this as adult link so that you die when you turn into young link and then choose to continue playing, link will jump off the mastersword again. Tongue
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:17:20 AM by CloudMax » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: