ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:55:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 831063 times)
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #270 on: June 29, 2011, 09:47:38 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NfQ3UGJYaM
Silver Gauntlets Chest to Mirror Shield Chest (without Longshot and not originally revealing the Mirror Shield Chest).

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #271 on: June 30, 2011, 07:05:44 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NfQ3UGJYaM
Silver Gauntlets Chest to Mirror Shield Chest (without Longshot and not originally revealing the Mirror Shield Chest).

I have to tell you that the mirroring in this video made be VERY confused at first, then I figured that it was MQ D:

lemonairable
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #272 on: June 30, 2011, 09:22:15 PM »

Small glitch that can save a few seconds in the Ice Cavern:

Just as Link is stepping over snow and onto ice, perform a vertical slash and you'll receive an almost superslide level burst of speed. It wears off, though, unlike superslide.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #273 on: June 30, 2011, 09:44:25 PM »

Small glitch that can save a few seconds in the Ice Cavern:

Just as Link is stepping over snow and onto ice, perform a vertical slash and you'll receive an almost superslide level burst of speed. It wears off, though, unlike superslide.

Yeah, I noticed that while trying to do triple clip at ZD.
It is interesting that they added that.
If you have high speed while you enter the ice, you keep that speed as you slide.

UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #274 on: July 01, 2011, 03:10:17 AM »

today i was playing the Forest Temple in MQ and noticed that the switch in the block room that activates the hookshot targets was changed from the crystal switch to a step on switch to stop the bombchu speed trick.
skipping strength upgrades in MST MQ is going to be way harder now.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
ComplexRobot
Deku Scrub

A.I. Soul

« Reply #275 on: July 01, 2011, 03:22:48 AM »

today i was playing the Forest Temple in MQ and noticed that the switch in the block room that activates the hookshot targets was changed from the crystal switch to a step on switch to stop the bombchu speed trick.
skipping strength upgrades in MST MQ is going to be way harder now.
I hadn't played the original master quest. I never would've known that. Interesting.

---
lemonairable
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #276 on: July 01, 2011, 04:54:14 AM »

I tried using Farore's Wind to warp out of the Fishing Pond with the rod. It works the same way as stealing it the normal way. I wonder what would happen if you used Farore's Wind to warp into the burning Kakariko cutscene from various points...

BTW, the Ice Slide trick worked even on the original.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #277 on: July 01, 2011, 11:03:43 AM »

I tried using Farore's Wind to warp out of the Fishing Pond with the rod. It works the same way as stealing it the normal way. I wonder what would happen if you used Farore's Wind to warp into the burning Kakariko cutscene from various points...

BTW, the Ice Slide trick worked even on the original.

Yeah, the FW method for stealing the rod is available on the ZSR oot3d pages.

However, I do not think anything specific happens if you warp into the burning kakariko cutscene.
If you set the warp point to kakariko before you start the cutscene and warp there to trigger it, I think nothing specific would happen really.
And if you set it after the cutscene you would probably just set it to the point where you stand after the cutscene, or at the kakariko village entrance.

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #278 on: July 01, 2011, 09:32:16 PM »

If you enter Kakariko by doing anything other than walking from Hyrule Field -> Kakariko on 64, it will rain as if the cutscene has already occured. This includes the mountain side, meaning that some scrub could wander down from the mountain side and not understand why he no get nocturne (fortunately it's not skippable though).

Using Farore's wind in general puts a marker at your last entrance to the scene, so you can have a useless warp point in the middle of the town.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
SnowMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #279 on: July 01, 2011, 11:12:56 PM »

Just something interesting if no one has noticed.

While holding the HESS position when Link starts spinning and the camera fallows, if the camera hits a wall then Link stops spinning then if you use a bomb to begin the slide then Link only goes about half speed or doesn't even move.
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

« Reply #280 on: July 02, 2011, 03:03:39 AM »

i guess people will now see where the last key was supposed to be used in MQ WT.

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
lemonairable
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #281 on: July 02, 2011, 08:44:53 AM »

Speaking of entering Kakariko from Hyrule Field, does the Fog Glitch still work in this one? I mean the one where you leave Kakariko just after you enter it during the part of the game where the Nocturne cutscene is ready to be triggered. It causes the entire game to be coated in multi-colored fog, with the fog color and effect (Crashing the game for Hyrule Field, Switching background and foreground objects in the Lost Woods, etc.) depending on the area.

Also, totally random, but seam-walking is still in to some degree. The Gerudo archery range seam still exists (and is climbable), which should allow for Child Training Ground. The Hyrule Castle seam seems to have been fixed, though. I can't seem (...bad pun) to walk it.

Also on another topic, the ladder clip seems to have been removed. I couldn't get it to work in Zora's Domain. http://www.jaytheham.com/zcw/Ocarina_of_Time_Miscellaneous_Glitches_-_Ladder_Slip
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #282 on: July 02, 2011, 08:57:48 AM »

Speaking of entering Kakariko from Hyrule Field, does the Fog Glitch still work in this one? I mean the one where you leave Kakariko just after you enter it during the part of the game where the Nocturne cutscene is ready to be triggered. It causes the entire game to be coated in multi-colored fog, with the fog color and effect (Crashing the game for Hyrule Field, Switching background and foreground objects in the Lost Woods, etc.) depending on the area.

Also, totally random, but seam-walking is still in to some degree. The Gerudo archery range seam still exists (and is climbable), which should allow for Child Training Ground. The Hyrule Castle seam seems to have been fixed, though. I can't seem (...bad pun) to walk it.

Also on another topic, the ladder clip seems to have been removed. I couldn't get it to work in Zora's Domain. http://www.jaytheham.com/zcw/Ocarina_of_Time_Miscellaneous_Glitches_-_Ladder_Slip

We have already tried the old Gerudo Archery jump. We have also tried megaflip, damageboost, etc. in order to get over to the training grounds. No success. Sad

ComplexRobot
Deku Scrub

A.I. Soul

« Reply #283 on: July 03, 2011, 06:58:12 PM »

I thought megaflip followed by damage boost was the only way to get in there, now.

---
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

« Reply #284 on: July 04, 2011, 06:32:07 AM »

i rediscovered one old trick i had found way back in 2006 in MQ Spirit Temple.

in the main room, using a bomb damage boost + hover boots lets you skip the water geiser in the first room. then, in the second room where the top is blocked by a gate, use the longshot and aim at the very corner of the climbable wall and you should clip above the door and into the room with stalfos. after that you go on as normal and get the mirror shield. this skips doing the spirit temple as child and should be handy for MQ MST (my trick is once again useful somewhere hehe)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 06:37:39 AM by UchihaSasuke » Logged

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: