ZSR Forums
March 19, 2024, 10:50:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Individual Levels/ Individual Dungeons (IL)  (Read 50302 times)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« on: September 27, 2009, 06:10:36 PM »

Since everyone else is doing it for Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, we should set some rules up for running Twilight Princess.

Unofficial Rules

General rules:
- You cannot use the dungeon item until you open the chest where it was
- You cannot start the run inside of the dungeon (as in, restore from a save that puts you inside)
- timing starts upon gaining control of Link in the 1st room of the dungeon
- the dungeon cannot be tampered with beforehand
- timing ends upon the first dialogue with midna appears after the boss fight?
- No CD-Streaming (it would cause the game to hang for the most part anyway)
- No emulated runs (can anyone even emulate Twilight Princess right yet?)
- Low-visual quality runs are OK! camcorders are fine.
- runs will be in 1 segment, you cannot savewarp.
- no guay hovers.

Now, I feel that we shouldn't have 100% runs for 3 reasons...

First of all, I don't think there's a whole lot of interest to make a 100% dungeon run in the first place. Second, Twilight Princess's GCN and Wii versions are almost like two different games. Lastly, 100% dungeon runs are lame, except for MM because they have fairies to collect. =p

I do have one issue that needs discussion. Should have seperate categories for GCN and Wii runs, or should we rank them equally?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 03:37:00 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 09:59:02 PM »

gcn and wii should definately be separate

you should make it a rule that it must be your first time in the dungeon (no changing things around)
and iirc arbiters grounds doesn't have a warp

im personally not going to do any because my wii is on my shit tv and i don't have gc version

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 03:41:48 AM »

That's right... I completely forgot about Arbiture's Grounds... Should we have timing end after either the first midna dialogue, or when the save screen appears instead?

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
TSDA
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 03:55:25 AM »

Lol I can emulate TP on dolphin  Tongue
And I think they should be in seperate categories.
Chimpas
Regular Guay

Inlove with Twilight Princess

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 03:56:26 PM »

I do have one issue that needs discussion. Should have seperate categories for GCN and Wii runs, or should we rank them equally?
Different of course, I wouldn't like to do a 12 minutes LBT and another guy beat me with 10 just beacause I can't do a long jump
Different Version->Different Category
Quote from: mzxrules
Now, I feel that we shouldn't have 100% runs for 3 reasons...
I would really like to do a 100%, many 100% actually, maybe I'll put of every dungeon (except for POT maybe), definately I'll put every in any%, but I would like 100% also be admited
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 04:44:30 PM by Chimpas » Logged

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 06:21:23 AM »

The Twilight Princess Individual Level page is up, but I don't have any sections for 100% runs. If you think anything should be changed or made clearer, tell me now.

Braid
Chimpas
Regular Guay

Inlove with Twilight Princess

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 03:55:04 PM »

The Twilight Princess Individual Level page is up, but I don't have any sections for 100% runs. If you think anything should be changed or made clearer, tell me now.
That's Ok, I'll do some runs in a few weeks, I also agree with the elimination of the 100%

I'll put the GM and SPR soon
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 03:44:18 PM by Chimpas » Logged

TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 10:48:44 PM »

is this still going on, I'd love to give some of these a try...
JRD05
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 02:14:01 AM »

I think the ILs are still going on.  However, there isn't really a point in doing them for most of the dungeons for TP.  For zelda games, it seems like IL's are meant to show how fast a dungeon can be completed by getting items and equipment early.  Sometimes methods of getting the items early make a regular any% slower but are enforced by TP's game sequential logic.  This is what makes these particular ILs interesting to do and watch.

The last six dungeons don't really have this feature.  Getting the double clawshots early won't really help you out that much in temple of time or snowpeak for example.

For lakebed temple, you could get bomb arrows, master sword, ball & chain, and zora armor by doing fixed ems.  This would make lakebed temple on the wii a good IL, but not necessarily gcn because you would just use it for the deku toad and lja instead of bombing the stalagmites.

You can enter Goron Mines late by using the spinner and thus bring the master sword in there.  It would really only have an effect on Fyrus, unless there are some timesavers we don't know about that can be done as a wolf. 

The most interesting one would be the forest temple.  If the clawshots can be obtained early, the dungeon can be beaten really fast.  I haven't found a way to do it as I have tried different combinations of BITE and nothing really worked.  It is probably possible to get them early by cd streaming.  The rules say that cd streaming is banned only inside the dungeon and not part of the collection process so idk.   
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 10:21:50 PM »

Not great but,
Forest Temple 100% in 15:24
http://www.youtube.com/user/Razor7581?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/A3e0N6FGQac

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 08:24:53 PM »

For the sake of Hyrule Castle, should the run end on the final blow to beast Ganon (officially the end of when you're in the dungeon), or after the final blow to Ganondorf in the sword fight? I'm assuming final blow to beast Ganon as it is similar to the decision made for OoT.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:32:10 AM by Razor7581 » Logged

Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 02:29:53 AM »

I just found this yesterday in my video files and decided it was worth uploading:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vF38F1Ye1s

ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 03:47:17 AM »

I just want to die when i see people start running before the first roll. How did anyone ever think that was faster?
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 04:00:34 AM »

I just want to die when i see people start running before the first roll. How did anyone ever think that was faster?

Because wind waker

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 03:24:30 PM »

Sorry that I missed a roll.  Cry

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: