ZSR Forums
April 25, 2024, 06:56:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Mega-hover  (Read 17057 times)
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« on: June 07, 2011, 09:46:05 PM »

Sorry to ask such a noobie question but can anyone tell me how to time when I roll and backflip from the first frame?

Thanks
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:49:02 PM »

dont, its not an important trick

thanks

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 09:59:24 PM »

Thanks for the help...
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 11:02:02 PM »

Ok pro tip: When kaztalek tells you to NOT learn megaflips, keep in mind that he sucks at them (and has admitted himself that he does).

Anyway, to actually be helpful: Roll during the frames when the bomb is blue after the 6th flash, then backflip when the bomb explodes. The timing is pretty strict (3 frames to roll, 2 to backflip) but it's not that bad at all once you get the timing down. It's particularly useful in runs (such as any%) where your use of bombchus is very limited and would otherwise require a lot of trips back to the bomb shop.

To be possibly more helpful: The timing for the roll for a megaflip in Majora's Mask is the same as for an adult superslide in OoT.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:04:02 PM by ING-X » Logged

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 12:48:39 AM »

Mega hover is a ton of practice. I wouldn't recommend using them until you can get them consistently. I find that a good way to practice is to mega hover to Great Bay, once you can get that consistently, you are in pretty good shape. Another strat that prevents from crashing the game is to flick the control stick forward after backflipping.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 01:36:36 AM »

Yeah, megaflips are pretty hard to get the hang of. IMO they should be the last thing you learn, especially since they aren't really useful unless you don't have a lot of chus to hover with (i.e. nearly everywhere in the any%).

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 03:31:40 AM »

um.. i dont megaflip at all because there's no need

im saying dont waste your time learning them because theyre never necessary

keep in mind that i dont play under conditions where i can just reset if i happen to fall from chancing something as trivial as a megaflip; no matter how consistent you are, theres a chance you can fall from your hover, which in the long run does the opposite of saving explosives.

if youve mastered everything else in the game, then go ahead and learn them now (nobody has)

thanks

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 10:09:45 AM »

Thanks for the help ingx but I was more talking about how many frames it is before you need to roll and press A and backflip in a TAS.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 11:28:47 AM »

Kaztalek, stop trying to make people not learn megaflips. They're a useful trick for saving explosives, and it's not an issue if you just don't fuck them up. Just because you suck at megaflips doesn't mean that other people shouldn't learn them. Stop trying to run how other people play the game - you may think you're such hot shit at MM that you can tell other people what to do, but you're not.

Anyway, if you're TASing, there's actually a topic in this exact forum with all the frame data for megaflips: http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=124.0

D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 01:38:08 PM »

Yeah, I've been looking at that list and doing exactly what it says but I still can't do them :/

EDIT :

http://www.mediafire.com/?s1fx8nbcadeabjq

I got this but it doesn't seem to go nearly as far as other megahover's
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:24:09 PM by D U F I » Logged
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 04:34:39 PM »

You're going to have to also upload the .st file 'cause I can't open it in Mupen without it to see what you're doing wrong.
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 04:42:30 PM »

It's a movie you have to open it in the movie part of mupen under untilities. This is the only way I can show you.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 04:54:24 PM »

Are you holding back at all? If you are, that will kill all the distance of the megaflip.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 05:14:50 PM »

nope...
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 05:29:31 PM »

It's a movie you have to open it in the movie part of mupen under untilities. This is the only way I can show you.
I know but you also need to upload the .st file since you recorded it from a snapshot (the .st is the snapshot needed to be able to play the movie, it should be in the same folder as the .m64 file.)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: