ZSR Forums
September 19, 2024, 05:00:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Video series? (introduction too!)  (Read 8696 times)
Scarcity
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: March 29, 2011, 06:55:54 AM »

Hey guys, I'm new here and couldn't find an intro thread.  I have a few online alias' including Scarcity, Ska, Ytterbium, and Anonymousology if you've seen me around . . .

I'm not a speedrunner per se, more so a huge Zelda fan (cliche) who enjoys every facet of the game (especially exploits, glitches, and the likes).  I've only recently take these more difficult tricks seriously, and have taken quite a liking to them.  I was considering doing a (brief) video series on the more difficult tricks (except maybe ESS, fuck that). 

And I'm rambling.

Here's my video on megflipping:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTbqmASJ4yA

Let me know what you think, how I can improve it etc.
Mitjitsu
Regular Guay

Yum

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 07:41:18 AM »

The vast majority of the tricks can be understood just from watching the video. While others just need a description to go with it.

Things that aren't hovering go in the other topic.
Bonooru
Regular Guay

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 10:55:43 PM »

are you planning on doing how to videos for a bunch of zelda glitches?
Scarcity
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 11:38:55 PM »

are you planning on doing how to videos for a bunch of zelda glitches?
I might, depending on the reception. 

The vast majority of the tricks can be understood just from watching the video. While others just need a description to go with it.
Yes this is true, but some tricks have more specific requirements.  I feel like combining the explanation and example displays how the timing will work.  One could simply say, "Hold z+r and roll into the bombs explosion, then back flip".  That isn't wrong, but it isn't concise.  Ya feel me?
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 09:18:09 PM »

I was thinking of maybe doing a Glithfest run of some kind too, just for fun. I havn't thought about it much but it'd basically be a segmented run where you do everything out of order as much as you can. For example you'd do the adult temples as a kid and vice versa. Maybe doing them in the reverse order too in the biggest extent possible.

Something like:
Get sword and shield
Escape forest
Spirit Temple
Kakariko 'chus
DoT skip
Dodongo Cavern
Some of the trials
Jabu Jabu
Deku Tree
Adult DoT skip (possible?)
Zelda
Ocarina of Time/Ganondorf clip
Adult Temples as Child
DoT skip again (just for the heck of it)
Get Light Arrows
The rest of Ganondorfs trials
Ganon

...or something like that. The only ambition with it is that it should be really fun to watch.

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Toolex
Regular Guay

My hair gets compared to this too often...

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 11:11:33 PM »

sounds like fun if a little ott Tongue that might take you a fair bit as well... make sure you post something if you plan anything Smiley

Got back into Zelda OOT and MM because of this site Cheesy
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 08:33:00 PM »

Good luck beating Volvagia and Twinrova as a child, I'll be sure to watch if you can do it Smiley

I'd also be interested in seeing some trials done before Light Arrows, child Spirit without chus or bombs, Adult DoT skip without Hover Boots, and Jabu Jabu as adult without BA. Good luck!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 08:35:16 PM by RingRush » Logged

ded
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 09:03:22 PM »

Good luck beating Volvagia and Twinrova as a child, I'll be sure to watch if you can do it Smiley

I'd also be interested in seeing some trials done before Light Arrows, child Spirit without chus or bombs, Adult DoT skip without Hover Boots, and Jabu Jabu as adult without BA. Good luck!

Haha thanks Wink, don't take me to seriously with the route though. It's just a rough sketch of what I'd like to do, I'll se how much of it that is possible when the summer comes, then I'm also gonna try some serious breaking of some of the parts you mentioned (although I probably won't try too seriously with e.g. trials w/o light arrows since that'd probably take some kind of scripting error)

Btw didn't Kazooie enter Jabu Jabu w/o BA?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug7jKLV0MqU

Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 09:37:09 PM »

RingRush was talking about beating Jabu-Jabu as an adult, not just entering.

TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 08:42:24 PM »

Hey guys, now I've started a TAS Glitchfest run. Remember, I only care about it being fun to watch so if you don't like it being TAS'd, I don't care.

Now, since I have no idea about probably 80% of the glitches or more in this game, I need you to suggest possible glitches along the way. E.g. right now I'm in the forest an I'm planning to do a water ISS out and then ISS of'f the plant-thingy to gerudo valley, cucco jump and then run to the spirit temple. Is there anything else I can squeeze in there? What are the possibilities when I get there?

Other than that, I have the route vaguely planned out to be a mixture of
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/routes/medallions-stones-trials-
and the überchallenge with as much glitches and fun as I can possibly squeeze in between. Ofcourse I'd change some aspects such as doing the deku tree as an adult instead etc. You get the picture.

Thanks for all the help I can get Smiley.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:50:08 PM by TimpZ » Logged

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 04:24:36 AM »

Stupid question, but is it possible to hover from the bottom of Gerudo Valley (anywhere along the cow platform) to the top?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 11:26:51 AM »

Well you could bomb hover from the piece of heart platform. Otherwise I only know of the OoB death method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBwjwv4wNqY (1:00)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: