ZSR Forums
September 19, 2024, 04:41:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocarina of time Any% Single Segment  (Read 39924 times)
Jiano
Special Guay

Sun+Jiano
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2010, 04:59:22 AM »

BAM

www.zeldaspeedruns.com/site/speedruns/oot/fullgame_runs/ootsspokey_withcommentary.mp4
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

*Founder of "Satirically Serious Reviews"*

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2010, 06:46:57 PM »

Just wanted to say congrats to Pokey on the awesome run! I really enjoyed watching it and look forward to it being added to SDA. Everything looked really well done.

<BlueStarReturns> what if you tried a superslide in real life?
<Blizzbutt> you would divide by zero
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2010, 09:48:18 PM »

Updated the route with the new route I will be using...

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Lithe
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2010, 10:05:30 PM »

Thanks for the help guys you am awesome.  Am learn lot.  What time you think possible with any % segmented TAS run

RBA still very confuse to me
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2010, 10:27:42 PM »

wait... why the fuck are you redoing this O_O i thought you already submitted to sda...

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2010, 10:28:38 PM »

wait... why the fuck are you redoing this O_O i thought you already submitted to sda...

Yeah and Jiano submitted his to SDA and is improving it.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Fweep
Deku Scrub

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2010, 11:46:29 AM »

This might be an incredibly newbie question, but does anyone think a run seems more legit without killing yourself?

I mean, it's a more or less arbitrary restriction on the goal of "fastest run" but still. I prefer to watching a single segment run as opposed to TAS or Segmented because I'm totally in the story and I'm watching link kick some ass. Your guy, start to finish, you got it.

It just makes me incredibly sad to see Link die.

Is there any chance you'll run it without dying?
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2010, 06:40:36 PM »

Um, we won't kill ourself and go to the title screen like in the TAS, as that invalidates single segment. But the SS still does a deathwarp in the Shadow Temple after Hover Boots, because that is faster. I really don't think the any% has much to do with the story at all...unless Link dropping bugs in order to save a few sages was originally part of the developer's master plan.

If you are trolling, good job, as I admit I laughed very hard when I read that post. If not...well, you might want to watch let's plays instead of speedruns if you want to see a good story.

ded
Fweep
Deku Scrub

« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2010, 10:03:53 PM »

I guess I worded it kind of stupidly. Don't get me wrong, what I love to see is massive skill especially pulling off some of the harder tricks and I'm all for glitching the game as hard as possible. I love the discoveries and following along with the sequence breaking and new routes. I have seen time being cut since the original 5 hour single segment run and I'm loving every minute of it.

But a death warp isn't a discovery - nor is it something skillful. Seeing link kill himself gives me a feeling that you aren't beating the game seriously, for some reason much more so than RBA does. Am I really the only one that thinks a death warp is like "cheating" on a level that RBA isn't?
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »

deaths look ugly and whatnot but if they save time, they'll be used.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2010, 10:26:55 PM »

Am I really the only one that thinks a death warp is like "cheating" on a level that RBA isn't?

Yes, you are.

Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2010, 07:34:13 AM »

Yes, you are.

I'm not so sure about that. I think that was the kind of mindset Radix had. I'm glad the SDA staff is more sensible nowadays.

Fweep
Deku Scrub

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2010, 04:35:28 PM »

For me personally a no death run has more entertainment value, but I guess death warps should be allowed to set world records on the condition that your improvement over the previous record is not just a death warp.

That way, runners that play for entertainment value could play through without dying, not worrying about getting their record beaten by a guy that does the exact same run with a death warp.

At the same time, a runner can choose to use death warps if he wants to achieve sub-something. Fair?
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2010, 09:22:54 PM »

No offense but why the crap would it be cheating by not going back through the maze and megaflipping over the gap in the Shadow Temple? Stop thinking I deathwarp in Temple of Time please.

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2010, 10:17:57 PM »

For me personally a no death run has more entertainment value, but I guess death warps should be allowed to set world records on the condition that your improvement over the previous record is not just a death warp.

That way, runners that play for entertainment value could play through without dying, not worrying about getting their record beaten by a guy that does the exact same run with a death warp.

At the same time, a runner can choose to use death warps if he wants to achieve sub-something. Fair?
First off, let me say that I had a mindset similar to yours for a long time, and hated runs that abused death. They looked ugly and I didn't like to see them.

However, this is a speedrun. Our goal is not entertainment value. Dropping bugs and catching them is way less entertaining than actually doing the Shadow and Spirit Temples. Our goal is the fastest run possible. Whatever it takes, outside of gameshark or hardware manipulation or stuff like that.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: