ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:23:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Oracle of Ages/Seasons [GBC] - All Categories  (Read 81983 times)
peteyboo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2009, 01:31:09 AM »

I don't actually know if you (or anyone else) don't know what I'm talking about. >_>

Oh BTW, up to getting the Power Bracelet, my Japanese run is (by our own respective timing), three minutes faster than yours. Is there going to be a reliable way of telling which is faster in terms of the gameplay (the text is the main reason for the difference of course), should both of us actually finish?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 01:42:58 AM by peteyboo » Logged
Tompa
Regular Guay

Tompa_1989@hotmail.com Tompalala
Email
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2010, 06:35:24 PM »

The Japanese version have a lot less text, so it really should be a "seperate category" as it isn't that easy to compare the two. But I did go through the French version of A Link to the Past to know how much faster Wak's 100% run would have been if it was made with an US copy of the game, so I guess I could do the same here, but it will be much harder.

There are some other differences between the versions however. For example:
                   JP                                     US

The first one only matters for a single segment run and the second is only to show another example... There are most likely more of them but I haven't cared to check.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 06:38:54 PM by Tompa » Logged

May the Triforce be with you.
Chimpas
Regular Guay

Inlove with Twilight Princess

WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2010, 11:21:27 PM »

I did a drawing about five years ago, and here it is, I mean, It's not that good, but that's all I can do

Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2010, 02:47:17 PM »

OoS noob here, I am trying to skip the Dungeon item in lvl 4... probably not gonna happen since I don't know where the big key or what you need for the boss >_>. I just know that I've glitched to the boss door without the dungeon item... Somebody who knows this game please come here and make me look like an idiot ;'(
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 03:08:19 PM by Pokey » Logged

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Tompa
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2010, 08:04:16 PM »

I see no way that you can skip the Slingshot, it's needed in several places. In a TAS you can skip the upgraded version though.

Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2010, 10:20:27 PM »

I'm determined to find a glitch in these games  Roll Eyes

Except I keep accidentally doing glitches like autumn early which I thought was legit :/

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
OpSceleriVerbrechen
Deku Scrub

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2013, 12:56:50 AM »

Is there a place where I can find the speed tricks and glitches for this game.

Also is there a route for 100% OoA and OoS?
Tompa
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2013, 10:35:08 AM »

There aren't any documentations for the tricks and glitches, best shot is to watch the record runs: http://zeldaspeedruns.com/leaderboards.

100% would take forever to do and will mostly be luck with rings. And to get all rings you have to play the games 5 times total. Start OoS/OoA -> Linked to OoA/OoS -> Linked to OoS/OoA + Start OoA/OoS -> Linked to OoS/OoA. No one has done such run and there are no routes for them.

OpSceleriVerbrechen
Deku Scrub

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2013, 01:32:56 PM »

Darn I was really wanting to do a 100% run. I want to do a run no one has done yet so if there is one I would like to hear about it. I'm not new to speedrunning but I have never been successful at it. It looks like most of the tricks in the runs I have watched are just advanced jumps. Or would it be insulting to say that?
Drenn
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2014, 11:06:54 PM »

For a 100% run, perhaps you could use the secret generator to get all of the rings at the beginning of the game. Then it should be reduced to just a single playthrough of either linked game.

It does feel almost like using a built-in cheat code, but it seems more realistic. I don't think anyone wants to deal with that much RNG. It seems like a gray area though, I don't know if it would be considered acceptable.
Drenn
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2014, 09:00:47 PM »

So, Oracle of Ages has been broken. We found a way to warp to the final boss basically on accident. Sub 2 hours is easily possible.

demonstration
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2014, 05:18:44 AM »

Damn. How much testing has been done with this trick?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Drenn
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2014, 06:11:59 AM »

Well, scorpianman claims to have a 100% consistent way of doing the veran warp. It's very good, but for me, it does fail on occasion.

With certain setups, you can also get the red ring with the glitch, which allows you to kill veran in one cycle. I can't imagine any applications of this glitch that would speed things up any more, but a few other neat tricks have been found, such as a way to quickly scroll across the map.

Here's how scorpianman does it

Here's how I do it
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:16:08 AM by Drenn » Logged
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2014, 07:48:54 PM »

Do you need a specific amount of bombs/rupees/seeds, etc. for this trick to work? Or can you not have beaten dungeons 7 and 8? Cause I've been trying this out with an almost completed file (all but the black tower finished), and it doesn't give me the same effects no matter what setup I use. It always either softlocks or crashes when I do it.
Drenn
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2014, 08:07:50 PM »

I don't think the seed amounts matter... but yes, various innocent-seeming variables can affect the glitch. For instance:

- you must visit part of the secret passage in ambi's palace, or nothing will happen
- if you've visited the top-left of symmetry city in the present, your glitched ring box won't be as useful
- you must equip the ember or pegasus seeds with the seed shooter, or else the veran warp doesn't work

I'm sure that other factors can influence the glitch... but I've gotten it to work on a 100% completed file. It did seem to act a bit differently though.

Also, this is US only. This is that kind of glitch that a version difference will change completely.

Come to think of it - you probably need at least one or two bombs.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:10:03 PM by Drenn » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: