ZSR Forums
April 26, 2024, 04:34:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: First time you played a zelda game....  (Read 43692 times)
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 01:26:24 PM »

There's nothing wrong with using a strategy guide if you're completely stuck and aren't having much fun trying to figure it out yourself D:

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 02:55:14 PM »

Wind Waker. I hated it.

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 01:40:55 PM »

Wind Waker. I hated it.

Ouch tWW was your first game?  D:
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

*Founder of "Satirically Serious Reviews"*

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 06:26:32 PM »

I can come up with a few reasons why TWW would not be a good first Zelda game for someone:

- Triforce Shards (though this is mainly from my experience)
- Story is TOO linear; lacks the freedom of exploration from previous Zelda games (at the time) due to this (this is my opinion)

Those are the reasons why I didn't like it at first. But, then again, it wasn't my first Zelda game.

<BlueStarReturns> what if you tried a superslide in real life?
<Blizzbutt> you would divide by zero
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2009, 11:19:08 AM »

I can come up with a few reasons why TWW would not be a good first Zelda game for someone:

- Triforce Shards (though this is mainly from my experience)
- Story is TOO linear; lacks the freedom of exploration from previous Zelda games (at the time) due to this (this is my opinion)

Those are the reasons why I didn't like it at first. But, then again, it wasn't my first Zelda game.

what's ironic is that the game's difficulty is very suited for first time players.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

*Founder of "Satirically Serious Reviews"*

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 07:04:36 PM »

what's ironic is that the game's difficulty is very suited for first time players.

True, I suppose. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't see why someone could hate TWW. Disregard what I said above.

<BlueStarReturns> what if you tried a superslide in real life?
<Blizzbutt> you would divide by zero
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2009, 11:30:58 AM »

Well I was a kid and I pretty much decided I hated it because I couldn't find my Grandma's house to get the Hero's clothes. I gave up on the pirate ship too, because it was just too difficult lol.

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2009, 06:21:28 PM »

My first Zelda game was Adventures of Link, I used to play it all the time when I was younger. I remember the farthest I've gone as a kid on that game is up to the first dungeon, I never made it to the boss. Good times Smiley
That was my first Zelda too, but I was like 4 years old and didn't really know what I was doing. I would just walk around town and jump around. If I tried to do the first temple I could never beat the Iron Knuckle type guys that would attack you and so I never got far.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2009, 08:15:01 PM »

My first Zelda game was Ocarina of Time. We couldn't afford to buy an N64 so we rented one(you could rent an N64 system from blockbuster back then). We had only rented SM64 with it so we went back a day or 2 later and got Ocarina of Time, cause the box art was cool. Luckily someone left a completed file on it so I just explored everything. I had a lot of fun with it but I'm sure I didn't progress very far in the game(I was 8 years old at the time).

I really didn't get into playing OoT seriously until it came out on Gamecube in 2003. I've been playing it like a madman ever since.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 08:20:34 PM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Ænlgån
Regular Guay

Jeg elesker mitt hjem.

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2010, 03:27:03 PM »

My first Zelda, believe it or not, was Twilight Princess. I really enjoyed it and after I beat it, I downloaded Ocarina of Time. At first, I thought that Twilight Princess was far superior. The game moved very slow, at first, and some stuff I thought was too hard. But then after I stepped out into Hyrule Field, I was amazed. I also looked at reviews and they were very positive for OoT. Furthermore, the game felt a lot deeper and was very satisfying. Also, there was a ton of freedom.  After those two things, I decided OoT >>>>>>> TP. After that, I began to play MM and tWW and they were even better than TP.

Now granted, I had seen OoT, MM, and TWW even before I got into Zelda, but they never interested me for some reason.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 04:10:55 AM by Ænlgån » Logged

Get a life? What are you talking about? I'm a gamer. I have several lives.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 05:01:07 PM »

Never played a zelda game in my life...
Hope you're being sarcastic about that. Anyway, my first zelda game was the twenty minute demo of Windwaker on the collector's edition. Out of curiousity, who else thinks that Adventure of Link is the hardest zelda game ever?

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
Marcus
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 05:15:57 PM »

My first Zelda game was OoT and I played it the first time in 1998. I remember that Gohma was hard for me back then and when I finally got the 3 stones I watched the cutscene when Zelda throws the Ocarina in the water. When the cutscene was over I forgot that and was stuck as child for ages. I remembered the Ocarina in the water when I played the game again in 2004 or 2005.
TurquoiseStar17
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 01:16:52 AM »

My first game was Link's Awakening, and I remember getting stuck for a surprisingly long time on the steps to getting the Bird Key.
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 12:02:46 AM »

My first Zelda game was OoT and I played it the first time in 1998. I remember that Gohma was hard for me back then and when I finally got the 3 stones I watched the cutscene when Zelda throws the Ocarina in the water. When the cutscene was over I forgot that and was stuck as child for ages. I remembered the Ocarina in the water when I played the game again in 2004 or 2005.

lol that's a rather amusing way to get stuck.
didn't navi bombard you with messages?

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Marcus
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2010, 03:58:54 PM »

I was 4 years in 1998 and I stopped playing the game in 2000 or 2001 untill 2004. I couldn't speak English in 1998. Not untill 2004. If Navi says something about the Ocarina in the water is what you mean.

And Razor, Adventure of Link is the hardest Zelda game I have played but The Legend Of Zelda is not far behind.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 07:24:43 PM by Marcus » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: