ZSR Forums
April 18, 2024, 04:02:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: First time you played a zelda game....  (Read 43255 times)
Tompa
Regular Guay

Tompa_1989@hotmail.com Tompalala
Email
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 08:06:33 AM »

I can't recall the first time I played a Zelda game, but I do remember the first time I played Ocarina of Time. It was a in a store in the Swedish town Karlstad. They often had new games up so you could try them out. I have no idea when this was, but probably in the early 1999 or so.
My first sight was Link standing at the gates in front of the Hyrule Castle area. I remember having a weapon, probably the slingshot, and a mask of some kind. As I didn't really understand anything, I just pressed the buttons to try out stuff. I believe this was also the first time I saw a N64.

It would take another 3-4 years before I actually played through the game, which sadly was through an emulator. I remember struggling through the Water Temple together with a friend. And we kept making jokes that you had to switch to the Iron Boots all the time.

The first Zelda games I played overall was at least A Link to the Past. In an old video tape that was filmed at home, you can at once spot hear me whistle the Ending Theme of ALttP in the background. I had probably just beaten the game, don't remember when...

May the Triforce be with you.
Skeggz
Deku Scrub

raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa@hotmail.com
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2011, 02:59:09 PM »

ahhh my first time playing oot. i was trying to kill the the forest kids and the when the deku baba's used to attack i poo'ed myself Cheesy i was like 3

www.youtube.com/ZeldaSkeggz - Check Out Zelda Vids Cheesy
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2011, 10:10:07 PM »

Hmm, when I was 4 I played Ocarina of Time at a friends house. He was stuck Ganondorf Tongue. Then i got four swords when I was older. Terrible. I got Ocarina of Time in September 2010 (lol). I fell in love. The first time I played I used RBA to beat it because I was stuck on the shadow temple. I found this website and found RBA. I've been hooked ever since and I also love MM. So it's kinda stupid but it was in September of last year  lol
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 12:21:28 AM by qwerty1605 » Logged

I'm gay
David
Deku Scrub

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2011, 06:56:41 PM »

My first zelda game was the original zelda. I'd never beaten a zelda game till alttp. Kind of odd since I got a CD-I for free afterwards with a zelda game, That game made me think all zelda games were crap other than ALTTP, till I tried the two N64 Zeldas.
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2011, 07:13:16 PM »

First game was oot and all I can remember of it is spending hours and hours trying to get the sun song but running away because of the re-deads lmao.
SnowMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2011, 11:35:54 PM »

First game I ever played was Mario 64, second was OoT. I remember trying to swim in the Deku Tree by pressing A like in Mario and was mad that "Zelda" swam so slowly.

I ended up getting the guide and as I played through the game, my sister would sit next to me and read the guide out loud.

Citizendildo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 06:01:42 AM »

Within a year of the first zelda being released in America, my mom took me to this ladies house whom she met in AA, yeah that AA, and her two kids who were slightly older than I were playing it on a messed up system or something, the screen was completely scrambled so that enemies and link was in like 3 different parts of the screen at the same time, they were able to play it, but i stopped after like 1minute. I remember thinking that playing on such a system would warp your mind and make you into a serial killer or something. Other than that I played every Zelda up to OoT right about when it came out, in the late 90's i stopped playing console games for the most part and played online competative games such as Starcraft. So I've still never played anything post MM.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:03:21 AM by Citizendildo » Logged
Link99
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2011, 11:04:31 PM »

My first Zelda was OoT but I really can't remember the very first time I played it. Much clearer is my memory of playing MM for the first time on Christmas at my Grandma's house. Didn't have a clue what was going on but I thought it was fantastic Cheesy

I've got later memories of playing OoT, or rather getting my friends to play it for me because I was always way too scared to fight the bosses etc xD
DJS
Regular Guay

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2011, 02:30:01 PM »

When i was 2, oot came out and my brother bought it + an n64 (lol pal) + other games with it.
I dont remember much what i did, but i imagine i just ran around dying since the file has 105 deaths on it,, the earliest clear memory (i think i was around 4-5 years) i have is going nuts in kokiri forest to get 40 rupees (to buy deku shield), killing ghoma with regular slashes, manually aiming with slingshot to shoot stuff (i wasnt aware of the Z button), I played the game up to water temple, where i got stuck.
I also went on my brothers file and took stuff he had forgotten (fire temple compass i remember), and i also took skulltulas (that i scoped for earlier) for him (the file has 84 atm).

Around this time (when i was 4-5), MM came out, and i remember watching "bingolotto" (a swedish lottery game on tv), and there was this kid who won MM (when it was brand new), and I got so freaking jealous, i remember it. Later that month, my brother had his birthday, so me and my mom went to a local game store (or well not really local, i live 150 km from the closest city) and we bought MM there, for a whopping 899 SEK (i have the price tag left, 899 sek is 142 USD today). Anyway, when we got home, my brother played it and i eventually played it, and we both came to the conclusion, it sucks.

The best memory i have from this time was when both me and my brother was sick (home from school); he played through ocarina of time in a single-sitting.. I think this took around 16 hours, but we had nothing else to do:)

Fun fact: nowadays, my brother hates oot, he is so sick of seeing me play it.

im a torch slug
TheKilla88
Deku Scrub

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2011, 08:06:25 AM »

I was five when OoT came out. I barely knew what I was doing, I don't think I ever made it out of Kokiri Forest until I replayed the game a few years later. I just liked jumping across those three blocks by the store and getting the five rupees. But I remember watching my older sister play it, making her read me every text box. When she first got to Hyrule Field, it was like a neighborhood event. Everybody was over, and everybody was amazed at how big it was.

The first Zelda game I beat was Majora's Mask. I got it the first day it came out, and me and my best friend sat down and played it from like 3:00pm to 12:00am, just beating Goht before we went to bed. We beat it the next day with my sister.
Blazing Factor
Regular Guay

Explosives, a speedrunner's best friend.

Email
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2011, 06:38:34 AM »

Mine is OoT. I was really little by the time so I played it sometimes. I watched my big bros and my sis play the game taking turns while I just watched, screaming when I found a monster closing up. The game was so awesome watching my brothers play. Every time they saved I got sad cause I knew they were going to turn the n64 off. I loved it till I saw my brother and my sister go to Kakariko village for shadow temple. I don't quite remember but there was a cut scene in the village of something attacking Link, I called it sand monster for some reason. Then they went on to shadow temple which freaked me out. Dead Hand was just too enough for me that I hid on my bros back. I also remember my sis getting so frustrated on water temple. Good times Smiley
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:58:45 AM by Blazing Factor » Logged

Ha! OoT glitches in SSBB still work! Grin
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2011, 10:29:08 AM »

Funny how there's only two people here who played the original Zelda first :p.

My dad had a genesis so I played Sonic when I was like 2-3 years old :p. I remember that slightly. Then when I turned 5 I got a SNES with SMW and AlttP. I don't remember playing them very much (but I did play them, too much), though I know I liked SMW better 'cause the puzzles after the master sword where to hard for me. I have a nice memory of me bringing my SNES to my uncle on his 20y.o./moving out-party so he could help me find my way through the forest and he's 35 or something today :p.

Then when I was 7 (or eight?) I had saved up enough to buy me an N64, oh god how excited I was. I don't think I did anything but play SM64 for a week xD. Then I saved up for the new Zelda (though I hadn't completed the old one) and then it's blank until I'm supposed to go to the shadow temple and couldn't get through it because I didn't have the lense of truth. I couldn't read english, how was I supposed to know you could become a child again? I asked a friend look it up on the internet and he said something about being a child, so I actually resetted my save file and started over xD...

I do remember when I played MM for the first time though. I was furious because the clerk had failed to mention that you needed a 20$ memory expansion to be able to play it. There I was with a new Zelda game, and unable to play it for a month! Torture, I tell you!

Sorry for the rant :p.

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Glozboy
Regular Guay

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2011, 02:45:51 PM »

OoT broke my Zelda cherry.

A friend of my brother's bought it round to play a few months after it came out. I got it for myself a few weeks later and played it non-stop for ages, completing it several times over. Then I went for 100% completion but have never managed to get the 4th bottle (I suck at Big Poe catching  Embarrassed). Great memories though.

I remember shortly after I finished for the 1st time, there was a feature on Watchdog (UK TV show about customers being ripped off by companies) about Nintendo hotlines charging really high call prices. This kid said "I got stuck on the Deku Tree so I called the number straight away". They probably charged him extra for being such a n00b.

Currently playing: Ocarina of Time (GC)
Working on: No RBA/WW
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2012, 11:22:25 PM »

Mine was either OoT which we got in 1999 when I was 3 (I remember I was still a huge Rayman 2 freak and when my brother asked me what I wanted for my file name I said Rayman until he said that the main character was named Link, which I thought was much cooler), or OoS at my friends house. I'm quite sure it was it was OoS though (which makes me the only person so far with a handheld as first LoZ Tongue) I also remember asking my brother why a male character would wear a dress while he was running around KF in OoT XD

After that, MM became my favorite LoZ in early January 2001. I was 4, and the game was so out there that was perfect for an equally out there kid. As time went by, the new games and the older games blended together. I remember borrowing the Oracle games and ALttP (GBA) from my friend (same one that I played OoS for the first time with) and after that I bought them over time. I got Adventure of Link for GBA in 2008 and after 4 years, I STILL can't get through the swamp leading to 2nd temple without running out of lives! AAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

MM is currently tied with Skyward as my favorite LoZ Smiley

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: