ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 07:41:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twilight Princess GCN any% BiT run  (Read 46280 times)
Chimpas
Regular Guay

Inlove with Twilight Princess

WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2010, 10:59:31 PM »

You do need a hacked wii <_<. However, the app to backup GCN saves doesn't work with TP. So you would have to mail the memory card to the runners.
hehehe I knew it wouln´t be easy, alsoo check segment 26 just uploaded

TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2010, 05:45:41 AM »

Rupee dive is proving to be very difficult  Angry Are there any tips for it, or is it just hope for the best?
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2010, 01:54:53 PM »

not really :/ there's an incredibly tiny window. just keep at it and you'll get it eventually.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2010, 06:31:13 PM »

You can practice the diving part of the trick by doing it off of the heart piece at the forest temple, but I've never tried it myself.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
logitechsdaz
Regular Guay

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2010, 07:18:09 PM »

For me, rupee dive is still incredibly difficult to this day. I've practiced it quite a bit. The only reason I ever even considered it was because I was messing around in Kakariko gorge and accidentally did a heart piece dive there. I figured it might work with a rupee and realized if it did the fishing rod could be skipped. And I still can't do it quickly. My faster rupee dive video is at least 20 seconds slower than what it should be in a speed run.

A good spot to practice is at the gorge. If you have another different save file with bombs, blow up the rock containing yellow and blue rupees. They won't disappear. Target a rupee, go to the edge, swivel the camera to a side view of Link, and swing your sword just as the rupee is about to touch your back.

This might help because you'll have a somewhat similar setup in lake hylia. In lake hylia, dig (remember to use the dig spot I pass at 6 seconds in my video...don't dig in the spot I did or you'll waste time), run a bit, turn into a human, target rupee, go to the edge, side view of Link, swing just before rupee touches your back.
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2010, 07:39:11 PM »

For me, rupee dive is still incredibly difficult to this day. I've practiced it quite a bit. The only reason I ever even considered it was because I was messing around in Kakariko gorge and accidentally did a heart piece dive there. I figured it might work with a rupee and realized if it did the fishing rod could be skipped. And I still can't do it quickly. My faster rupee dive video is at least 20 seconds slower than what it should be in a speed run.

A good spot to practice is at the gorge. If you have another different save file with bombs, blow up the rock containing yellow and blue rupees. They won't disappear. Target a rupee, go to the edge, swivel the camera to a side view of Link, and swing your sword just as the rupee is about to touch your back.

This might help because you'll have a somewhat similar setup in lake hylia. In lake hylia, dig (remember to use the dig spot I pass at 6 seconds in my video...don't dig in the spot I did or you'll waste time), run a bit, turn into a human, target rupee, go to the edge, side view of Link, swing just before rupee touches your back.

Alright, thanks, I'll give that a go.
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2011, 04:14:11 AM »

Ok, It's been a while, but I think I'll be picking this run back up again, I've been working on improving my times, and running through the route. So far I've finished the first 3 segments again, with an improvement of 1 second on segment 1, 3 seconds on segment 2, and 4 seconds on segment 3.

Edit: Just got a great segment 4 at 3 minutes 58 seconds, don't know how it was 2 seconds faster than tpfox's but it was

Edit2:
I finally got around to starting the run again, and so far I've been very happy with how it's turned out

Segment 1: 1:02 - 1 second faster than my old 1st segment, pretty happy with it
Segment 2: 1:48 - 3 seconds faster than my old 2nd segment, pretty happy with it
Segment 3: 5:36 - 4 seconds faster than my old 3rd segment, very happy with it
Segment 4: 3:58 - 2 seconds faster than the fastest I could find on youtube, and I'm extremely happy with this one.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 01:15:10 AM by TLoZSR » Logged
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2011, 01:28:05 AM »

Ahem, triple post

Segment 5 is now complete, surprisingly, didn't take me very long to get. I got a time of 1:27, which comes out to be 1 second faster than tpfox's sword and shield skip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZblHzHZ4GZ8
JRD05
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2011, 02:32:13 AM »

I think you can segment at Bo's house in between herding and the sumo match.  It might make the luck manipulation a little bit easier. 
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2011, 06:46:11 PM »

I'm pretty sure you'd lose time, because you would have to go to bo's house after saving... But I'm not certain.
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2011, 08:56:09 PM »

Segment 6 is done and uploaded to youtube. It is done in 3:14, which is about 3 seconds quicker than tpfox's equivalent segment. Comparing my segments to tpfox's makes me feel better about them. Only one real screw up, and some bugs are taken out by a nice quickspin

Segment 6
JRD05
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2011, 09:59:44 PM »

I'm pretty sure you'd lose time, because you would have to go to bo's house after saving... But I'm not certain.

Actually, ABChimpas did it in his Wii BIT run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQeDiIgevRM&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNjuAdnxh0A&feature=relmfu

I think it works in GCN as well because the any% routes are the same at segment 3. 
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2011, 10:23:36 PM »

I didn't know saving in the house would have you be in the house after loading back up, oh well, I got a good segment 3, but it's definitely not a bad choice to split that segment into 2
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2011, 08:05:12 PM »

Segment 7: 1:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH4r-fsz5lU
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: