ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:32:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
  Print  
Author Topic: Individual Levels / Individual Dungeons (IL)  (Read 102825 times)
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2015, 05:45:56 AM »

I want to bring up a couple of issues considering some people still like to do ILs here and there. The rules for ILs were made well before any wrong warp and whatnot so I'd like to propose a slight change to the rules.

1. The rule for starting in the first room leads to silly situations like this where the first room is only entered to start the timing and the dungeon is left completely to warp to the boss. Should the start timing be changed to entering the dungeon at any point? I and a few others think so as it would open up some different routing options such as starting at a different entrance of spirit.

2. If the rule is not changed should we allow runs like this ? Although I am going through the main entrance, technically room 8 is loaded.

3. Assuming even that is not allowed, should a wrong coordinate warp to a different spot of the first room be allowed? This could be done for a dodongo's cavern IL where you can warp up to the second floor right away, or even just used to skip the intro cs of the first room.

TL;DR should timing be allowed to be started by warping into a dungeon.

Amateseru
Regular Guay

« Reply #181 on: February 10, 2015, 10:19:41 AM »

I posted a comment on your vid but I think it's actually better to post here, My opinion is that 3 things should be done for IL:

-Ban things like Wrong warp, seriously what the point ? We can't even see the dungeon anymore.
-Also ban BA/RBA, getting the hammer on B and the boss key before you ever enter in the fire temple will completely destroy the gameplay.
-Add somewhere in the leaderbords the IL times because I don't even now where I can find them, if you put them in the leaderbord it's very likely it will revive the ILs (maybe also add a child/adult section and a any%/100% (where you will have to get map/compass/bk/item of the dungeon for exemple) section ?)
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2015, 10:42:10 AM »

We'll have some kind of leaderboards but it won't be kept with the main ZSR leaderboards, I don't think it's nearly popular enough for that yet. Probably just a google doc somewhere though. If ILs do come back, I'd personally agree with banning concepts 1. and 2., as cool as they are I don't think it's much of a challenge to do ILs like that and removes good runs with dungeon content from the any% ILs. I'm a little unsure on .3 but I'm thinking ban it too?

I think a good rule would be that you have to start from entering the dungeon from the correct entrance with regular coordinates + entry speed.

As for RBA, we used to allow it but it did make the dungeon any% runs a bit shit when they just went straight to the boss door and beat the dungeon.. I mean, I know deku, forest and water temples are still pretty much skip to the end but w/e. I think it's good to have some more interesting any% runs but idk whether we should just arbitrarily ban tricks like RBA.

100% ILs are great though, I do love the 100% IL definition
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2015, 05:09:18 PM »

First off IL WRs are still tracked here (Rules are on the rules sheet): https://docs.google.com/a/bc.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agd2Z9LUz1qvdGRqM21VSVNSRHd6dm1yem83UkZabFE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Cafde: In my opinion we should follow the rules used in the past in order to maintain continuity with previous records. The rule regarding Spirit clearly shows that you should enter the dungeon from the main entrance, and then do whatever is fastest to beat the dungeon even if that means leaving it immediately. I think the way Sniping's Shadow IL is timed is correct, and I also think timing for your DC run is correct because you used the main entrance as the load zone you warped with.

Amateseru: The point of IL's is to go fast, not show off the dungeon lol. Also obtaining real items you get in the dungeon before you start the IL is already banned, which is why you can, for example, BA Hammer for Fire but not RBA Water boss key (until you enter the dungeon and start the run anyway).

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2015, 02:38:53 AM »

If people want to see dungeon content then 100% ILs are perfect for that. Any% is suppose to be a no restriction type category where you can prepare anything and everything you can outside of the dungeon to make the dungeon itself as fast as possible which is why I am for changing the timing. The any% ILs are already basically just go straight to the boss (except spirit) with a BA item where needed.

Amateseru
Regular Guay

« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2015, 09:09:16 AM »

Oh Thanks Jbop for the Gdoc and thanks for the rule about the RBA I wasn't aware about that. I understand the point is to be fast (after all it's a speedrun) but since we can't really see the dungeon anymore... I don't know it sounds kinda weird to me x)
nickenator8
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #186 on: February 19, 2015, 06:05:11 PM »

I also think timing for your DC run is correct because you used the main entrance as the load zone you warped with.

Well, the rules on the spreadsheet you linked state "Timing starts upon gaining control of Link in the 1st room of the dungeon" so going by technicalities, using the entrance as a warping point should not be allowed. I guess you would have to start the timer in the first room and then leave and do the wrong warp, but you can't just warp from the entry point before entering the dungeon.
Sveet
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #187 on: February 23, 2015, 04:12:22 PM »

First off IL WRs are still tracked here (Rules are on the rules sheet): https://docs.google.com/a/bc.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?

Any way this can be edited into the first post? Dead link made me think this was lost information
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2015, 07:19:26 PM »

Yeah I'll add it

EDIT: nvm sniped by mzx

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
Apasher
Regular Guay

« Reply #189 on: March 03, 2015, 04:53:50 PM »

For those who are unaware, IL leaderboards are now on http://www.speedrun.com/oot/individual_levels
Amateseru
Regular Guay

« Reply #190 on: March 05, 2015, 08:54:22 PM »

Gosh I just got 2:24 in water temple and it's written on speedrun.com that I have to run on US version which I didn't, I played on JP :/ I watched the rules on the Gdoc right before my attempts and couldn't see it, what should I do ? this doesn't even change anything Sad

EDIT: btw I want to do some IL of Spirit temple now, can I use a trade timer to warp ? (odd mushroom for exemple) I don't know if it's gonna be useful but... just in case
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 09:05:42 PM by Amateseru » Logged
nickenator8
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #191 on: March 05, 2015, 10:09:05 PM »

Unfortunately you'll have to redo the run on english. Rules are rules, and even if there aren't any text boxes in your run, you need to abide by the rules for your run to get accepted.
Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #192 on: March 07, 2015, 11:59:03 PM »

Why should a run have to be done on a slower version? The fastest version should be the one used in each dungeon.
Amateseru
Regular Guay

« Reply #193 on: March 08, 2015, 11:46:54 AM »

Actually the rules changed. A lot, check out speedrun.com
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
  Print  

Jump to: