ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 05:28:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How does one lock the camera angle to the side as shown in this video?  (Read 3569 times)
v0id
Deku Scrub

« on: October 01, 2010, 11:33:50 AM »

How does one lock the camera angle to the side as shown in the following video?

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/site/index.php?link=oot/tech/hovering#4
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/site/videos/oot/tech/staircasehover.mp4

I'm not asking about the staircase hover itself, as I've successfully done that quite a few times. But it seems as though the camera angle shown in the video could make it quite a bit easier to do.

I've tried searching for more information on it, but have had no luck. And I've been unable to duplicate it.

Thanks for any help.

Dashiamo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 12:11:09 PM »

Just so you know in future, it's preferred if you ask your questions in the dedicated Q&A thread.

I personally have never been able to do it but it has been asked before. This was ZFG's reply:

Press Z, quickly move the control stick to a different direction than you are facing, let of of Z and press Z again, all very quickly.  The timing is a bit precise so it might take a few tries.

In the video you linked if you listen you can hear the Z-lock being released and repressed.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 12:13:30 PM by Dashiamo » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 06:18:41 PM »

Why haven't I fixed the youtube videos in that page yet...

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: