ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:48:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [TAS] Ocarina of Time (Any% RBA) US vs JAP run comparison.  (Read 3955 times)
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« on: September 08, 2010, 02:37:53 PM »

http://www.filefront.com/17273738/multimovieOoTtasV1.avi/
Stream version is available on that link too.

I decided to see how notably different the gameplay is when comparing the 2 recent OoT Any% RBA runs on TASvideos.org

The encode isn't perfect because:
* The sound is slightly desynched
* Audio is only coming from the US run.. sort of a good thing because having both audio channels playing at once can be a bit annoying.
* There were some bits (text mainly) I forgot to cut off because it was overlooked Sad, only ranging from 1-3 seconds.

I didn't cut of the Japanese Fairy Ocarina cutscene because it didn't look right if I cut it off. Yeah I know the Japanese text makes it shorter but it's also shows the disadvantage of the Water Superslide method during the Forest Escape.

You do see notable text cuts on both of the runs to make it equal such as the Intro, Temple of Time and Light Arrows (so imagine there was really no text at all, you get to see the difference that way).

The comparison would be much easier to compare if:
* The route was exactly the same, just better optimisation.
* Both runs used the same version, this way I wouldn't have to cut text.

Fun fact:
On the US run Link gains control (not counting menus, cutscenes, texts) for a grand total of less than 30 minutes.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:33:27 PM by Greenalink » Logged

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
fleshweasel
Deku Scrub

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 05:33:28 PM »

Looks cool, i'll watch. The new TAS is mindblowing. And it's hilarious to think that it's half cutscenes. Congrats on the amazing job bloobiebla.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: