ZSR Forums
October 19, 2024, 06:29:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 100% Segmented Team Run: Discussion Topic  (Read 21831 times)
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 06:03:17 PM »

A segment 3 completed save is uploaded in ZSR:

http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/Team100/WiiSaves/ZFGSeg3complete.bin

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 06:20:43 PM »

A segment 3 completed save is uploaded in ZSR:

http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/Team100/WiiSaves/ZFGSeg3complete.bin

Still says last updated Oct 17th RG....   http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/Team100/WiiSaves/

EDIT: Oh nvm, I guess that's when you uploaded your new one. I was under the impression you just uploaded it today (19th).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 06:38:49 PM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
darkeye14
Regular Guay

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 09:31:10 PM »

Revised route: http://www.mediafire.com/?tpdcxjdxkw8ufbb

It modifies Segment 4 in the way that RG described above, and it also finally fixes the Fire Temple segments so that they use Kazooie's block clip; the chus that were originally going to be used for maze hover are now used for Water Temple BK Skip. We also cut out one bomb drop and a pause as well. Furthermore, we end the route with two extra bombs, so individual runners can use those two extra bombs in whatever way they see fit; it's up to the verifiers to determine whether the extra bomb usage is justified in a segment.

If you're too lazy to download it, just wait for ZFG or RG to upload it to /Team100

[18:38] <Sigless> darkeye is cute too

[18:45] <aleckermit> We get a free pack of cheetos with every vote too Smiley
[18:46] <bluemarth> in the uk we keep our foreskin
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 04:58:29 PM »

A few small imprvements that can be made to ZFG's segment 5 submission:

1. Roll to LW entrance like I did in my segment 5 submission (it's faster than backwalking). Also, me and ZFG basically got the exact same time in GC, so my easier rolling strats are just as fast (maybe a half second slower at most).
2. Get a better approach to the bomb flower (he had a sloppy roll).
3. Instead of trying to backwalk right after the HP text, hold downwards and roll once first, then start to backwalk.

ZFG's segment with these improvements will be perfect.

PS: I just thought of something that hasn't crossed my mind before: For the Ganon fight, can we not just JS with the MS before the cutscene and then use the Biggy Sword's crouch stab on his tail? I assume it doesn't work but seems like it should.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:34:43 PM by aleckermit » Logged

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2010, 05:28:54 PM »

PS: I just thought of something that hasn't crossed my mind before: For the Ganon fight, can we not just JS with the MS before the cutscene and then use the Biggy Sword's crouch stab on his tail? I assume it doesn't work but seems like it should.
Didn't think of that.  I'll test it, but it might still be slower because of an extra pause.

Edit: Oh snap it works.  Equip hammer over longshot and MS equip in seg 67 added to the route and a bomb saved.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:55:32 PM by ZFG » Logged

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 11:30:59 PM »

just cause i was curious, i made a list of all the segs that can be redone at any time (about 2/3s of them) without much effore

with more effort im sure you could redo more (i.e. you can redo seg 1 anytime, but to redo seg 2, you also need to redo seg 4 because of castle before night)

http://pastebin.ca/1985014

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2010, 06:26:08 AM »

Siglemic's Segment 5 submission is faster than mine by ;16 (just over 1/2 second). It's a 1:51;01.

I think we should certainly settle on Sig's seg 5 for sure, seriously.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 06:47:59 AM by aleckermit » Logged

RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 12:46:19 AM »

Bumping...

A pretty solid segment 4 was submitted, so unless someone wants to improve it segment 5 is going to begin soon.

This is a pretty short segment - head to Kakriko, get Egg, and chuslide warp to shadow early. I don't think anyone has ever looked into the chuslide for shadow early much, if anyone can come up with some good ways to do it quickly, that would help. Or, even better, start practicing the segment Smiley.

The save after seg 4 will probably be uploaded some time today or tomorrow.

ded
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 01:11:16 AM »

The save is here: http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/Team100/WiiSaves/RGSeg4Complete.bin

Example run: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14421622
This was done on emulator obviously. Done when I was testing the route. The ones that didn't desync I will show.

Points to make:
-I like the way I talk to the cucco lady and receive the egg, notice that angle puts me in perfect position to backwalk to the graveyard
-The chuslide is not really that great, I would consider not copying that and thinking of something else that is faster
-The sidehop off the seam should be done without lining up, it's not really that hard.

When I did my test run through, I was not able to get the chuslide teleport in 1 chu. If anyone practicing this segment can do it, this would be good for others to know.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 04:19:58 AM »

I came up with a pretty fast method for chuslide in seg 5.  Destroy all bushes except the 3 closest to the wall, line up against the brown fence with Z, turn 90 degrees right to face the grass again, face the leftmost bush and send a chu, then move diagonally right and roll at the rightmost bush.  You'll be at the top of the slope on the right side of the fence which is about the same height as near the graves.  When you let go of R, turn directly 180, do a sideflip left and backflip up, then just climb the seam to shadow.  Its pretty fast and easy so I think its the best to use for this segment if no one else can get a 1 chu.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 11:31:23 PM »

While this isn't for segment 25, I just watched the other segments and thought "Wouldn't it be faster to collect the fairy upgrade + skulltula at the same time as Zeldas Lullaby in the Hyrule Castle? You don't use the lullaby before segment 20 (I think) when you pick up the skulltula etc. but you still visit the area twice...

Correct me if I'm wrong, is there something I'm missing?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 11:33:20 PM by TimpZ » Logged

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Link98
Regular Guay

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 11:37:43 PM »

While this isn't for segment 25, I just watched the other segments and thought "Wouldn't it be faster to collect the fairy upgrade + skulltula at the same time as Zeldas Lullaby in the Hyrule Castle? You don't use the lullaby before segment 20 (I think) when you pick up the skulltula etc. but you still visit the area twice...

Correct me if I'm wrong, is there something I'm missing?

To name a few places, Sun's Song, both magic upgrades, starting the mask trading quest (need to show the guard Zelda's letter) and maybe a couple of others, I just scanned through the route.
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 11:45:18 PM »

You can't get the fairy upgrades until after you get magic so getting ZL and Dins fire at the same time is impossible

I'm gay
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2012, 05:46:13 PM »

Well I thought you could do those afterwards... But I feel stupid after realising the need of magic before Dins fire... I stand corrected  Roll Eyes

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: