ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 09:14:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
  Print  
Author Topic: 100% Segmented Team Run  (Read 317081 times)
ridd3r
Deku Scrub

« Reply #210 on: April 13, 2012, 04:09:46 PM »

I assumed he meant warping all over with farore's wind on B which is impossible to do without using RBA Wink

I did, no mention of death warping anywhere...
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2012, 05:12:13 AM »

I did, no mention of death warping anywhere...

You asked if the warp glitch ruined it, death warping should ruin it, as you can use it to skip the Emerald/Ruby cutscenes and the Forest, Fire, Shadow, Spirit Medallion cutscenes. You can skip water medallion's as well, but it results in the water not raising.

The more interesting question right now is whether it's faster to skip ganondorf or not.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #212 on: April 15, 2012, 05:53:04 AM »

You asked if the warp glitch ruined it, death warping should ruin it, as you can use it to skip the Emerald/Ruby cutscenes and the Forest, Fire, Shadow, Spirit Medallion cutscenes. You can skip water medallion's as well, but it results in the water not raising.

The more interesting question right now is whether it's faster to skip ganondorf or not.
I discussed this with someone (RingRush and Cafde I think) and I don't think it will be. You would have to save Deku Tree for last, so you would have to make up for those gold skulltulas so you have enough for the heart piece when you visit kakariko for botw 2. So there would have to be some minor route changes here and there... also you have to either savewarp out of the trials or trials skip before you can warp and go do deku...

I guess it really comes down to whatever time the minor route changes take + backtracking to deku tree + extra stuff in deku vs just climbing the tower and killing ganondorf. There's also talk about banning Wrong Warp and RBA for Any% No RBA, so are we gonna ban wrong warping in 100% too? If so then deku cs skip (and fire in 100% seg'd) are out now. alk;sjdf;lkjds;alkjdf;lkjdsa;klsjdf

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Strongfox
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #213 on: June 02, 2012, 08:51:32 PM »

I guess nobody cares to finish this i take it?
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #214 on: June 02, 2012, 09:22:55 PM »

I guess nobody cares to finish this i take it?

No one's really been motivated to do segments since the cutscene skips and some segments might need to be redone which has caused a lack of motivation for a lot of us.

DonIrony
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2012, 03:58:03 PM »

Best project gets on hiatus because of a freaking way to be even faster...that definitely sucks!
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2012, 11:05:05 PM »

We're probably going to get started on this again soon.  We worked out a solution to add in kokiri emerald CS skip while keeping most of the route in sync, we only need to redo deku tree and 2 segments before it (though a few new segments are being added too).

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2012, 11:58:24 PM »

For more info: http://pastebin.com/1zsNBKWt

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Roehoer
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #218 on: June 19, 2012, 12:00:38 PM »

I thought Ganondoor didn't work if you savewarped, because Deku Tree opening had to be the last cutscene you saw?
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #219 on: June 19, 2012, 03:03:27 PM »

I believe the new method of getting straight to the File Select Screen from the intro cutscene fixes that. On its own this trick won't save time, but they're using it to warp to Ganon's Castle and exit it, which leads to Hyrule Castle.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:10:51 PM by Kimimaru » Logged
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #220 on: June 19, 2012, 04:35:02 PM »

I thought Ganondoor didn't work if you savewarped, because Deku Tree opening had to be the last cutscene you saw?
Read up on the trick research and discovery thread.

<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #221 on: June 19, 2012, 10:14:33 PM »

It is useful for several reasons:
1) Ganondoor could be quicker than the death WW anyway, due to taking damage and needing the heart container.
2) It allows for the death counter on the file select screen to match up. This is pretty critical as it will allow for segments after deku to still line up.
3) As mentioned, it also allows for the edit to the SoS Grotto GS, so we don't have to do the seamwalk after Din's Fire.

I believe Pheenoh is working on segment 17-18 currently even though 17-18 could be left alone. I guess anyone else can start work on either of these as well. We can't do 19 until 18 is for sure agreed because of time of day factors.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2012, 12:50:14 PM »

Update: Pheenoh has a seg 17 he is cool with.

My segment 18 submission: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTOHsw8L2ho

If everyone is happy with 18 we can move on to 19.

Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #223 on: July 05, 2012, 10:16:46 PM »

upload seg 19 save on ftp or here plz

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #224 on: July 05, 2012, 11:29:23 PM »

Ok seg 18 accepted, moving on to 19.

Here is the Wii save if anyone wants to try: http://zeldaspeedruns.com/files/100saves/seg19.bin

And here is what this segment needs to accomplish:

Segment 19
 -Prelude
 -Skull mask [80 R]
 -To hyrule castle
 -Get Dins Fire [16 B]
 -Play Minuet
 -Get Saria's Song
 -Pause: Save

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
  Print  

Jump to: