ZSR Forums
April 23, 2024, 07:43:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: 100% Segmented Team Run  (Read 316109 times)
Blizzerk
Special Guay

What is this I don't even-

Blizzerk@live.com
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 04:37:07 PM »

I'm honestly up for this to run in it, and maybe even get some segments in if mine are fast enough? :O

The time of day doesn't matter if we're transferring saves over VC. I'd like to see a full player list if possible.

[21:02:55] <Blizz> Uhh...
[21:02:59] <Blizz> RingRush..
[21:03:06] <Blizz> I was meaning to ask you something
[21:03:13] <RingRush> no I will not go to prom with you
[21:03:16] <Blizz> :<
------------------
<@jiano> get off my lawn you damn kids
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 06:16:15 PM »

I volunteer to run segment 5. :3

RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 06:31:51 PM »

Anybody can run whatever segment they want. In order to have your segment be in the final run, it needs to be fast enough that we accept it and faster than everyone else's segment.

ded
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 03:31:49 AM »

Anybody can run whatever segment they want. In order to have your segment be in the final run, it needs to be fast enough that we accept it and faster than everyone else's segment.

Ehh... there are a few people (RG, Jiano), that I'm sure could rape anyone else's times if the put enough time into a segment. I think we should match segments with people that have the strongest skill for each particular segment. Maxx did amazing Jabu-Jabu, Jiano is great at Shadow, Pokey is a BoTW pro, I do well in Ganon's Castle, etc. We should just put it out there as a given that the segments taht are submitted should be executed near flawlessly. But obviously very skilled runners should do the more advanced segments, and leave the simpler ones to others that still want to participate.

I'd like to do segments 12, 13 and 59-61 the most Smiley
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:38:20 AM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 03:40:57 AM »

The goal isn't to simply allow everyone to participate. It is to get a run done at a very high quality, which means multiple people participating. Honestly, I see most segments being done by ZFG/RG/Pokey/Jiano, with a scattered handful done by some players like alec/cosmo/kazooie/etc. Some segments are obviously going to fall to some people...I'd bet money we are going to use ZFG for Fire Temple. But still, we are not forcing one person to do any one segment. Anyone can attempt any segment they feel like.

ded
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 03:45:50 AM »

The goal isn't to simply allow everyone to participate. It is to get a run done at a very high quality, which means multiple people participating. Honestly, I see most segments being done by ZFG/RG/Pokey/Jiano, with a scattered handful done by some players like alec/cosmo/kazooie/etc. Some segments are obviously going to fall to some people...I'd bet money we are going to use ZFG for Fire Temple. But still, we are not forcing one person to do any one segment. Anyone can attempt any segment they feel like.

Fair enough. So when do we kick this off? I see the route is still in the "preliminary" stage, but segment 1 is an obvious constant. Can I whip out a seg 1 to get the ball rolling?

I'd like to do a near perfect mash intro and quick save just to look sweet.

PS: There are a few things to remember since multiple people are recording such as:
1. Always have sound set to Stereo
2. Keep brightness consistent (this might be hard to do, unless there is a way to alter it before/in encoding).
3. Make sure file screen matches that of the person who did a segment before you.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:53:59 AM by aleckermit » Logged

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 03:49:54 AM »

We are having a few people test the route and suggest improvements. Then we'll spend a bit of time looking for tricks to save additional time, especially route-specific things. Then we'll work on a bomb/superslide route. Then we'll do another round of testing. Finally, after that, we'll choose the file name and be able to start recording.

ded
SD2
Special Guay

tokay stole ma shovel

Email
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 05:36:16 PM »

We need to play he sun's song after reaching Sacred Forest Meadow for the GS we get there to appear (it'll be daytime when we get there).
Also, check to see if skipping the Forest Medallion cutscene still resets the time of day.  If it does, we'll need to play sun's song again to get the GS behind the red rock.

Both of these are segment 25, by the way.

Also, we should think about combining segments 1/2 and 26/27.

EDIT: Just thought of another one.  Instead of having to play minuet to go back into the forest temple, why don't we just set FW in the first room when we go there with the odd mush timer?  We could also set it when we get into the main room on our way to get the bow.
Could it also be faster to get the floormaster small key instead of the stalfos one?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 05:49:11 PM by SD2 » Logged

[00:09:38] <%Runnerguy2489> .entranta
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrnats
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> fuck
[00:09:45] <+Zero> lol
[00:09:46] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrants
[00:09:48] <%Runnerguy2489> FUCK
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 06:17:33 PM »

The time to get the key is insanely tight. We might be able to pull a FW off, but I'm not sure. However, I still think this won't work, as we need another dungeon to FW back. We could use DC, but that would mean not having the bow/quiver for Gerudo Valley, which would mean a second trip for achery and some poes on the way there. Definitely not worth it.

Also, the Stalfos key is required. Without getting it, the Stalfos for the bow fight will not appear.

I agree with combining 1/2...not certain about 26/27.

ded
SD2
Special Guay

tokay stole ma shovel

Email
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 06:43:10 PM »

Ah, that's right, I forgot about needing a dungeon to use FW.  Also, never knew about the stalfos key thing.  Oh well.

ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 03:05:42 PM »

ringrush, are you seriously expecting to be able to do wess escape on the vc version? you'd have to have someone who's REALLY used to that stick to do that... unless it'd be acceptable to pause to change the direction of the ess, i don't see that working out.

also... i volunteer to run segment 54 when that time comes around Tongue
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 03:10:32 PM by ING-X » Logged

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 05:47:45 PM »

ringrush, are you seriously expecting to be able to do wess escape on the vc version? you'd have to have someone who's REALLY used to that stick to do that... unless it'd be acceptable to pause to change the direction of the ess, i don't see that working out.

also... i volunteer to run segment 54 when that time comes around Tongue

Meh it can be done. I've done it multiple times with the GCN controller without pauses for the old emu run I did (although at one point I got really fed up with the inconsistency and decided to use pauses). And that was back when I was very mediocre at OoT. It's harder yes, but RG can do it (I'm assuming he will do that segment). Jiano, Cosmo, and Pokey are great tech-ers as well that I'm sure could pull it off with practice. I might try the segment myself but I doubt I can do WESS escape + chicken gathering + BotW early in a good enough time. We'll see.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 05:55:55 PM by aleckermit » Logged

BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

*Founder of "Satirically Serious Reviews"*

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2010, 06:31:53 PM »

I'm really looking forward to this! I just wish I was more experienced in the game to help with it. Sadly, I still haven't learned how to do a lot of the stuff that I want to learn and the stuff that I do know how to do, I haven't practiced in ages. Plus I don't even have my Wii anymore (shame, shame I know. It was out of my control, got stolen and I couldn't catch the bastard.), so I can't even get the version we're running.

Who knows, I might throw my hand in the verifying process (spoiler, am i right?). Speaking of that, if it's a team thing, does that mean that anyone who participates can't verify?

<BlueStarReturns> what if you tried a superslide in real life?
<Blizzbutt> you would divide by zero
SD2
Special Guay

tokay stole ma shovel

Email
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2010, 07:48:58 PM »

To expand on aleck's point, I've heard ZFG is also good at ESSing on a GC controller.

BSR: I imagine the majority of us here are going to steer away from verification and leave it to the folks at SDA.

BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

*Founder of "Satirically Serious Reviews"*

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2010, 05:16:47 PM »

BSR: I imagine the majority of us here are going to steer away from verification and leave it to the folks at SDA.

Yeah, I've been a part of SDA longer, which is why I said I feel I should stay out of the run and possibly help with that. It's not a given, though, so it's not like I'm revealing my intentions.

<BlueStarReturns> what if you tried a superslide in real life?
<Blizzbutt> you would divide by zero
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: