ZSR Forums
April 20, 2024, 08:41:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hovering Theory Progress List  (Read 90637 times)
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2012, 03:16:27 PM »

man, I really love hovering right now, and TWW in general. we need more stuff to break
mugg
Regular Guay

« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2012, 09:28:11 PM »

I almost found a Forbidden Woods BK skip without storage and without tingle. Since it's pretty hopeless from the looks of it, I'll leave it alone now.

Also, tower of the gods BK skip is probably possible and I'll make a video later. But I'm not sure how useful it is since I'm not sure if it saves time. (not possible to clear the room anyway without collecting boss key, right? :/ )
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:32:56 PM by mugg » Logged
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2012, 10:05:44 PM »

I almost found a Forbidden Woods BK skip without storage and without tingle. Since it's pretty hopeless from the looks of it, I'll leave it alone now.
I found the same thing when I tested yesterday. However, something else I found was that if you use the levitate cheat from hanging off it you can clip through the top. can we use a bomb to maybe boost us up through the ceiling in there? maybe needs more testing.
Also, tower of the gods BK skip is probably possible and I'll make a video later. But I'm not sure how useful it is since I'm not sure if it saves time. (not possible to clear the room anyway without collecting boss key, right? :/ )
it's not possible to clear the room without collection the boss key, and unless the ledge clip + set-up is quicker than the door opening animation it's probably useless. but It's great that we have one just for the hell of it XD. I love stuff like that.
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2012, 06:35:31 PM »

It's impossible to stay at the middle of the room. Link goes too far while hovering. Plus the platform with the exit to Ganon battle is solid and we can't enter from under. I haven't check if the top of that platform is solid too but there's no way to get there from the bottom of the room.
I know this post is old, but: I thought you could leaf out of a zombie hover. Isn't that how some pots are opened already? So why not leaf back to the pot and throw a bomb on it?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 02:13:55 PM by mzxrules » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2012, 10:00:42 PM »

It's impossible to stay at the middle of the room. Link goes too far while hovering. Plus the platform with the exit to Ganon battle is solid and we can't enter from under. I haven't check if the top of that platform is solid too but there's no way to get there from the bottom of the room.
I know this post is old, but: I thought you could leaf out of a zombie hover. Isn't that how some pots are opened already? So why not leaf back to the pot and throw a bomb on it?
You can technically "pull out" the leaf while hovering, but you can't glide anywhere with it. When you try to pull out the leaf, Link pulls it out over his head and then immediately puts it away without being able to glide at all. Yes, the deku leaf can be used to drop bombs quickly during a hover without losing much height, but again for Puppet Ganon, it wouldn't work.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2012, 02:17:25 PM »

Is there no way to change the direction of the hover mid hover?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2012, 05:12:20 PM »

Pretty sure I saw a YT vid in which someone does skip PG. Unless you guys are talking about making the trick faster/eaasier. Haven't been following this thread exclusively so I wouldn't know  Undecided

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2012, 07:29:41 PM »

Is there no way to change the direction of the hover mid hover?

Only if you're hurt midair but usually the angle change is negligible.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2012, 11:39:01 PM »

If you had an amazing amount of height, would taking out a bomb and having it explode work? I know the height would be ridiculous for any real tricks, but just a question.
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2012, 02:20:55 AM »

Yes. You can even drop a bomb on the ground and continue to hover low enough against a wall. The angle change depends of the on which angle you get hit.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2012, 09:27:06 AM »

Dropping bombs with the leaf will allow for slight push backwards, if you're skilled, I think it can be used to travel backwards while gaining height. Huge waste of bombs though, and magic, and you need to be pretty skilled.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2012, 01:32:25 AM »

Sounds useful. May have to use that if there isn't enough room for a hover by a tiny bit. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: