ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:35:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best form of practice?  (Read 6020 times)
Kostya
Deku Scrub

MM All Day

« on: March 17, 2010, 01:55:31 PM »

So I've recently started attempting speedruns. My current form of practice is doing small parts over and over again. (Wrong Warp, Deku Palace, etc.)
I was wondering though, is this the best way to practice or would playing through the whole run be better?

Kostya1: im feel;ing like just forfeiting
Elminster45: i like how you made the ing stand out in that sentence
Kostya1: LOL
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 03:56:56 PM »

IMO a combination of both.  Practice the hardest parts by themselves over and over, but you should also practice stringing it all together.  You wouldn't wanna finish a tough trick then not remember where to go from there.
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 08:05:21 PM »

i got good by practicing the basics in termina field (hovering, all forms of superslide, recoil flips, long jumps, etc) and doing a dungeon speed run (snowhead) over and over.

the benefit to the latter is that you can see yourself improve at an alarming rate

after that, all the applications (FFWW, deku palace, boss key skips) become easy and natural

mysticremen11
Regular Guay

hyes!

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:31:14 PM »

yeah practice all BK skips especially STT it can be a bitch

<@Cosmo> ive only drawn naked people recently
RBABot   [SEEN] elminster was last seen in #zelda 0secs ago saying ".seen elminster"
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 09:05:07 PM »

thats not what i said >___>

stt bk skip is probably the worst thing for you to focus on now

for now i say master hovering (the only technique in the game you MUST know how to do to play well) then see what times you can get in woodfall or snowhead any%, doesnt necessarily have to be the exact route we use, make your own (that you're comfortable with) then gradually try new strats

if you need help with any specific techniques just ask
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:06:40 PM by Lexkeeta » Logged

mysticremen11
Regular Guay

hyes!

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 03:06:03 AM »

thats not what i said >___>

stt bk skip is probably the worst thing for you to focus on now

for now i say master hovering (the only technique in the game you MUST know how to do to play well) then see what times you can get in woodfall or snowhead any%, doesnt necessarily have to be the exact route we use, make your own (that you're comfortable with) then gradually try new strats

if you need help with any specific techniques just ask

im just saying though if he wants to master that one its gonna be the bitchiest

<@Cosmo> ive only drawn naked people recently
RBABot   [SEEN] elminster was last seen in #zelda 0secs ago saying ".seen elminster"
Jiano
Special Guay

Sun+Jiano
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 03:55:17 AM »

When I started MM I just played through the segmented route a few times until I was comfortable with all the tricks. Although now a days the segmented route is a bit hardcore, it used to be pretty easy.

I say just practice hovering until you can hover on walls and such with no problems. Also don't forget angle changing as that is important in a lot of tricks.
icebreaker007
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 05:30:59 AM »

When I started MM I just played through the segmented route a few times until I was comfortable with all the tricks. Although now a days the segmented route is a bit hardcore, it used to be pretty easy.

I say just practice hovering until you can hover on walls and such with no problems. Also don't forget angle changing as that is important in a lot of tricks.

I dont play MM too much but every once in a while ill pull it out. Your old SS route was pretty easy to follow and practice on cause it didnt have any really hard tricks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: