ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 04:15:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930343 times)
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #555 on: June 22, 2012, 07:31:23 PM »

Groove: I haven't found anything easier than the breathing method because it's about as consistent as you can get, but sometimes when I can't see Link at all I instinctively know the Bomb/Bombchu duration. I suggest backflipping a little earlier to help; you'll gain less height and use more explosives, but at least you'll get good practice.

EA: I Z-targetted a Bombchu when I was right next to that Silver Rupee to change direction and just used a Slingshot Hover. If you want to just use sideflip hovers then make sure your angle is completely straight. I don't know if it's possible to have completely straight sideflip hovers because mine always go diagonal as well, but you can remedy that by changing your angle right before the rupee or doing a forward backflip. If you prefer, you can just have the angle slightly slanted to the right the entire time so you'll make it straight to the rupee.
WallIsReflect
Deku Scrub

« Reply #556 on: June 22, 2012, 11:44:34 PM »

I finally managed to WW!  But I haven't made it to Ganon yet cause it keeps crashing during the escape.  It's usually from interacting with those flaming rocks (rolling into them, last time I acidentally crouch stabbed one during Stalfos fight and it crashed).

Anyway, is there any point learning the megaflip past the waterfall with an ordinary bomb?  I can do it with a chu just fine but it's like 5% or less with a regular bomb at the moment - I almost always get knocked over by the explosion or get pushed over the ledge.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #557 on: June 24, 2012, 02:22:36 AM »

Anyway, is there any point learning the megaflip past the waterfall with an ordinary bomb?  I can do it with a chu just fine but it's like 5% or less with a regular bomb at the moment - I almost always get knocked over by the explosion or get pushed over the ledge.
It's always good to know alternate strategies like that, but it shouldn't be a very high priority.  There aren't many cases where you need to megaflip past the waterfall and don't have chus.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
WallIsReflect
Deku Scrub

« Reply #558 on: July 02, 2012, 12:42:25 AM »

Can someone explain how you one cycle Ganondorf with PCS?  Because I've been trying for hours and only managed to do it twice, and I have no idea why it decided to work those times.  Sad

EDIT: 3 times now, but I still have no idea why it works when it does
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 01:22:15 AM by WallIsReflect » Logged
RattleMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #559 on: July 02, 2012, 02:59:31 PM »

Can someone explain how you one cycle Ganondorf with PCS?  Because I've been trying for hours and only managed to do it twice, and I have no idea why it decided to work those times.  Sad

EDIT: 3 times now, but I still have no idea why it works when it does
For me, I can do one of two things:

1) I watch Ganondorf's head. When you hit him, he moves it a little bit before stopping (he's looking almost down-right at the end of it). You want to hit him again right as his head is about to reach that stopped position.

2) You can go by the grunts his makes when you actually hit him. Right before he stops grunting is a good time to go for it.
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #560 on: July 02, 2012, 03:01:27 PM »

1 cycling dorf with crouch stabs is frame perfect afaik. You are better off just getting navi isg for the sure one cycle.

I'm gay
WallIsReflect
Deku Scrub

« Reply #561 on: July 02, 2012, 04:38:51 PM »

Thanks guys  Smiley
I am getting a little better at it now (it doesn't take me hours of attempts anymore).  I'll work on the ISG method and play it safe. 
WallIsReflect
Deku Scrub

« Reply #562 on: July 03, 2012, 12:15:41 AM »

New one...  Roll Eyes
http://www.twitch.tv/poodleskirt/b/323432556

None of this is working for me.  If I do the double pause buffer setup I get taken to the black screen of infinite dying (not redoing Deku every time I screw this up), but I'm following all these frame adjustments and it's Emerald CS every single time.

The one with the sword slash is almost as bad but I somehow managed to do that one a few times.
Shredwot
Deku Scrub

« Reply #563 on: July 03, 2012, 05:28:24 AM »

New one...  Roll Eyes
http://www.twitch.tv/poodleskirt/b/323432556

None of this is working for me.  If I do the double pause buffer setup I get taken to the black screen of infinite dying (not redoing Deku every time I screw this up), but I'm following all these frame adjustments and it's Emerald CS every single time.

The one with the sword slash is almost as bad but I somehow managed to do that one a few times.

Hey so if you're in the area of constantly dying that means you had the wrong cs value when doing  the warp, which means you must've saved and reset at some point. What you need is the cs intro to Deku Tree as your previous cs value. If you're on VC the best place to save is right after talking to the Deku tree, but just before you enter. You will need to redo the tree everytime. You can also use the Hyrule intro cs aswell, the one just after you get Fairy Ocarina. There is also another method http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=20.560 it's near the bottom and talks about using the main menu allowing you to save in the Deku Tree.
WallIsReflect
Deku Scrub

« Reply #564 on: July 03, 2012, 06:26:28 AM »

Sorry for not making myself clear - I understand about needing the previous cutscene, but I was using the OOB for practice so can get back to the trick quickly enough.  This Deku Nut method though, I can't even get the OOB, though I'm following the adjustments shown in that video wherever I end up on the path to the door.  I'm just not sure what it is I'm doing wrong here, and how much there actually is to do wrong...
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #565 on: July 03, 2012, 02:37:57 PM »

The unbuffered method is really for people trying to grind out seconds, but it isn't too bad so I'd do it. Sometimes things are different in emulator and console iirc. I think Sockfolder's old fire WW setup was +1 frames on VC for the adjustments, but that could have just been me interpreting the frames differently.

I'm gay
WallIsReflect
Deku Scrub

« Reply #566 on: July 03, 2012, 02:51:40 PM »

Actually the pattern on the pillar looks completely different on my game.  It just all looks like a black smudge so it's too hard to find the right position for the OI setup. 
I wonder if it's the same reason for the different Morpha patterns.  I guess that means it's either try to get the sword slash method or stick with pause buffered.
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #567 on: July 06, 2012, 12:16:43 PM »

Hoy~, so I'm trying to learn chuslide to shadow as child, I believe I am setting it up right but I would like some advice on what different types of failure mean. Just to make sure everything sounds right, the way I'm setting it up is getting ISG, aligning with the fence, backflip roll align, left sidehop roll align (stole this from poodle <3 although he does it adult), getting rid of the 4 bushes, then aligning the bright streak on the bush in front with the middle of link's boots. From here my assumption is given the chu/roll timing is consistent, how far back link is from the bush primarily determines what happens next. What I'm getting is:

1) get hit before picking up bush
2) get the slide but either get caught on the fence or miss the grave
3) store ground jump, pushed back
4) store ground jump

My assumption is 1 is I'm too close to the bush and 4 is I'm too far away. What about the others? Halp plz?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:19:43 PM by EverAlert » Logged
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #568 on: July 06, 2012, 07:27:37 PM »

For number 2 it's just a matter of your angle and when you get the superslide. I used to get that all the time but realized it was my angle that was wrong.
Shredwot
Deku Scrub

« Reply #569 on: July 07, 2012, 01:32:25 AM »

Hoy~, so I'm trying to learn chuslide to shadow as child, I believe I am setting it up right but I would like some advice on what different types of failure mean. Just to make sure everything sounds right, the way I'm setting it up is getting ISG, aligning with the fence, backflip roll align, left sidehop roll align (stole this from poodle <3 although he does it adult), getting rid of the 4 bushes, then aligning the bright streak on the bush in front with the middle of link's boots. From here my assumption is given the chu/roll timing is consistent, how far back link is from the bush primarily determines what happens next. What I'm getting is:

1) get hit before picking up bush
2) get the slide but either get caught on the fence or miss the grave
3) store ground jump, pushed back
4) store ground jump

My assumption is 1 is I'm too close to the bush and 4 is I'm too far away. What about the others? Halp plz?

Ever, The set-up you use isn't viable as child due to roll distances. What you need to do is backflip and C-up lineup with one of the planks This video pretty much gives you the perfect method to do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DYTJy5rRDkU. I hope it helps.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: