ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:28:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930218 times)
NoneOfAKindBen
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #540 on: June 03, 2012, 02:38:49 AM »

So when and where would I know what frame is right?
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #541 on: June 03, 2012, 08:06:32 AM »

Damn forgot that question. Anyway look up deku tree wrong warp to ganons castle simple setup by brianmp16 hopefully that helps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #542 on: June 04, 2012, 12:47:13 AM »

So when and where would I know what frame is right?

http://imgur.com/o7o0I

Here is an image people can use to tell which frames to buffer to. It has more than one combination on it but you can just pick one to always use.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
NoneOfAKindBen
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #543 on: June 04, 2012, 06:42:16 PM »

Here's what I have been doing. Check out the video and make sure to read the description!! Thanks !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H7x9i7zZis&feature=youtu.be
Groove Heaven
Deku Scrub

« Reply #544 on: June 18, 2012, 01:28:07 AM »

Alright, I'm trying to do an MST run without wrong warping and there are two things I'm having a lot of trouble with, both owl skips.

1) The little ESS off the rock in the Lost Woods to skip the owl. I just don't know what inputs I should be doing and when I should be doing them. This isn't that important, but if anyone could help, it would be much appreciated.

2) This is a lot more important...the WESS to Kakariko. Can someone tell me the best angle to approach the bridge, and when to jump off/jumpslash? Also, I'm no sure what I should be pressing to start the WESS and when I should be pressing it.

Thank you guys!
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #545 on: June 18, 2012, 02:13:32 PM »

I usually aim the B button roughly at the tree to the right, then start running. If you bump into it the you're fine. Then as soon as you reach the top do a sidehop and press B immediately (or time it yourself if it isn't drawn). Then you have do hold the joystick slightly down-right and press Z as soon as you get on land. If you're having trouble then it's fine to pause, get the angle and then unpause.

To do the owl skip in lost woods you need to shield -> stab -> release shield while travelling back and holding ESS position on the joystick (the same as when you turn slowly without moving) -> and pressing Z to "focus it" so that you go straight.

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #546 on: June 19, 2012, 10:53:27 PM »

Simple question; what is this new file screen glitch?

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #547 on: June 19, 2012, 11:01:19 PM »

As I understand it, you press start to go to the file screen right as Nabooru demo starts. It replaces the ItDT entrance cutscene and allows for ganondoor faster.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #548 on: June 20, 2012, 12:38:49 AM »

Basically, there is a moment where you can press the start button as the main Title screen cutscene is fading out, so that the game registers it. You won't hear anything (I think), the next start button press will bring you to the title screen. At least that's my rendition of it. I could probably phrase it better, but at the moment I can't think of how.

SOLD OUT
WallIsReflect
Deku Scrub

« Reply #549 on: June 21, 2012, 08:47:03 PM »

http://imgur.com/o7o0I

Here is an image people can use to tell which frames to buffer to. It has more than one combination on it but you can just pick one to always use.

How does that help you open the door at the right time?  It's an independent action.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #550 on: June 21, 2012, 09:26:33 PM »

How does that help you open the door at the right time?  It's an independent action.
Once you target the camera to face towards the wall, it stops the warp timer.  As long as you keep that camera angle, it doesn't start again until you open the door.  So its more like finding the frame to turn the camera rather than open the door.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
WallIsReflect
Deku Scrub

« Reply #551 on: June 21, 2012, 09:35:18 PM »

Once you target the camera to face towards the wall, it stops the warp timer.  As long as you keep that camera angle, it doesn't start again until you open the door.  So its more like finding the frame to turn the camera rather than open the door.

Ah thanks so much for clarifying that.  I watched that setup video and I thought you had to do all that shuffling precisely.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #552 on: June 21, 2012, 09:55:50 PM »

Crazy shit just went down.

I did the BotW actor glitch, went through the crawlspace and up the chain wall. I backwalked to the door, turned around and pressed A to open it and... softlock. The debug bar showed up as well. Any ideas as to wudafuq happened?

Version 1.1 N64

Edit: When I put in the debug code, it came up with the following in a black bar across the screen:

HungUp on Thread 4
RCP is HUNG UP!!
Oh! MY GOD!!

Wierd text...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:01:42 PM by Norkix » Logged

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Groove Heaven
Deku Scrub

« Reply #553 on: June 22, 2012, 03:23:42 AM »

Thank you, Timpz. I have one more question, there's one more thing in the run I've really been struggling with: one-cycling Dead Hand. What should I be doing to position myself perfectly to jumpslash him? Also, how can I do it without the Z-target locking onto him and changing my angle? Is there any difference between doing it as young Link and adult Link?

Also, anyone know anything more reliable than the breathing method? I'm getting better at it, but I'm trying to do the spirit hover and it's really starting to frustrate me when I mess up one hover. Does it just come with enough practice?
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #554 on: June 22, 2012, 01:01:03 PM »

^ I'm not a pro but in my experience 1cycle dead hand is more about timing the jumpslash than the angle. Don't be afraid to target him. Also with hovering, one thing that helped me learn the timing was counting off mississipi-seconds in my head and backflipping on 4. Although I've since switched to breathing method and tbh I find it much easier to get an exact timing with that, so whatever. I guess it's mostly practice.

Anyway, I have a question.

I'm trying to learn the silver rupee boulder room (2nd room on left path) in gerudo training ground as child with chus only. Atm to get to the high rupee I'm doing left sideflip hovers from the cliff but I'm having trouble lining it up so that I actually end up collecting the rupee at the end. Any advice for setting up the angle? Has anyone even bothered trying this lol? Also, occasionally my sideflip won't go properly sideways even though I -think- I'm buffering it the same way every time. What are the common causes of a diagonal sideflip? As always any help is much appreciated. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: