ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 09:40:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930117 times)
Bellucian
Deku Scrub

« Reply #510 on: April 22, 2012, 11:36:09 PM »

Less of help more of just a general query, which is faster doing the Aquaescape Navi diving or Jump slash clipping?

From what i've seen they take about the same time with Navi' being alot easier to setup.
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #511 on: April 23, 2012, 04:05:54 AM »

Naviless is at least 5 seconds faster than the dive.

Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #512 on: April 23, 2012, 05:39:53 PM »

Is there a consistent setup for the Naviless Forest Escape? It was done differently on all the videos I've seen.
Link98
Regular Guay

« Reply #513 on: April 23, 2012, 06:55:38 PM »

Is there a consistent setup for the Naviless Forest Escape? It was done differently on all the videos I've seen.

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/majorsb/forest-escape#method-8-jumpslash-clip

There you go
Bellucian
Deku Scrub

« Reply #514 on: April 25, 2012, 11:14:26 AM »

Probably a really stupid question but how are people getting ISG in any% with the Deku stick, I can't really seem to figure out how to get the prompt text like they are.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #515 on: April 25, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »

Crouch stab w/ DS, then Z-target Ganon and talk to Navi to get ISG

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #516 on: April 25, 2012, 11:33:08 PM »

Setup for ganondoor without waiting for the camera to center behind link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=982aN3mBxe8

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Bellucian
Deku Scrub

« Reply #517 on: April 28, 2012, 12:03:20 PM »

Crouch stab w/ DS, then Z-target Ganon and talk to Navi to get ISG

Awesome, worked a treat.
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #518 on: May 13, 2012, 10:29:25 PM »

I personally suck at Navi ISG. I have tried everything and not once has Navi ISG worked. Yes, I have tried buffering it. Normal ISG works like a charm. Just get the sword out, stab and press A as soon as the A button finishes it's first flip. I'm not 100% consistent as I have not gone out of my way to be that consistent, but it's easy. (for some reason though ISG from a bomb is insanely hard also.)

That's not my point though. The point is that I was trying to do Cfox's new OI method to test it out, and it won't work. I'm trying it as child link, and using a blue potion. The video says potions work, but Link just drinks the potion. I was trying this on emulator to be able to avoid messing up due to my awful pause buffering (I often advance either 0 or 2-3 frames, its really annoying) and cannot do this. Is pause buffering the preceeding damage frames required?
(Side note: I actually somewhat suck worse at some glitches worse in TAS than in real time... I am not kidding)

SOLD OUT
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #519 on: May 15, 2012, 12:27:18 PM »

Navi isg is really easy. You just release Z while holding R, crouchstab and press c-up really fast with the right timing. It's not that hard just keep practising. You probably think bomb-isg is hard because of the added stress factor, it's exactly the same as any other isg.

If you want to practise advancing frames you should just run through hyrule field one frame at a time. You need to get the timing right for pressing within a 20th of a second which is about a third of the human reaction time. Don't wait until you see things move, learn the timing.

Nothing ever needs pause buffering. Some tricks may require you to open the menu like bottle duping but buffering is just for making things easier, you buffer the reaction time to something you like.

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Pappasman
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #520 on: May 16, 2012, 01:15:27 AM »

So how exactly does the Shadow Temple cutscene skip work? I've been using sva's run as a guide but I cant figure it out exactly. Is there a specific frame you need to side hop on?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:27:12 AM by Pappasman » Logged
Bonooru
Regular Guay

« Reply #521 on: May 16, 2012, 01:33:23 AM »

the way that the trick works you need to die and leave in the same frame. so when you do the side hop matters
Shredwot
Deku Scrub

« Reply #522 on: May 18, 2012, 09:46:03 AM »

So how exactly does the Shadow Temple cutscene skip work? I've been using sva's run as a guide but I cant figure it out exactly. Is there a specific frame you need to side hop on?

Hey Pappasman, The idea of Shadow, Spirit and Fire cutscene skips/Wrong warps is you need to have a certain warp value when you die. With these skips there can be multiple frames you can sidehop out of the warp. Each individual frame will then have a certain series of movements you can do to make sure you end up with the right value. Unfortunately the only set-up that is available to learn off of is Sockfolders Fire Temple Set-up up on his youtube channel. Most other Speedrunners like SVA have there own unique setup for the cs skips.
WallIsReflect
Deku Scrub

« Reply #523 on: May 26, 2012, 03:07:38 AM »

Hey, I'm new to speedrunning in OOT and I've been trying to learn how to do the Deku Stick Owl Skip.  I've been practicing the B-C-B-C swapping and I'm at the point where I can keep it going long enough at least some of the time, but now that I'm actually trying it on the first owl the cutscene still plays as soon as I reach it, even when it looks like I was doing the weapon swapping correctly.  I'm on the N64 PAL version, just in case it has anything to do with that.  Anyone have any ideas why it isn't working for me?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 03:13:13 AM by WallIsReflect » Logged
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #524 on: May 26, 2012, 02:05:00 PM »

Hey, I'm new to speedrunning in OOT and I've been trying to learn how to do the Deku Stick Owl Skip.  I've been practicing the B-C-B-C swapping and I'm at the point where I can keep it going long enough at least some of the time, but now that I'm actually trying it on the first owl the cutscene still plays as soon as I reach it, even when it looks like I was doing the weapon swapping correctly.  I'm on the N64 PAL version, just in case it has anything to do with that.  Anyone have any ideas why it isn't working for me?

Don't do it, it's too hard and useless in most cases.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: