ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 02:03:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930290 times)
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #450 on: February 17, 2012, 08:26:33 PM »

I know everyone knows about Bomb Hovers, but I found a very reliable way to pause buffer one. Obviously, this is only useful if you don't have a wall or the Hover Boots. This works the same way for both Child and Adult Link.

1. Stand completely still and pull out a bomb and wait until it turns red the 7th time. This includes the time right before the bomb starts blinking faster.
2. Advance frames until the bomb turns blue.
3. On the blue frame, hold R and down on the control stick.
4. Advance more frames until the bomb is at Link's feet. It should be red by this time (big and blue as Adult Link).
5. Backflip.

Video

Note that this one a frame of leeway sometimes. If you accidentally waited until the bomb was a frame below Link's feet and backflipped, it may work, but in some cases you'll get hurt by the explosion. Also, if you accidentally went to the 2nd frame the bomb was blue, wait until the bomb is one frame above Link's feet and backflip; it just might work.

I know other methods of hovering (sideflip bombchus, etc) are quicker, but this one has served me the best in many challenge runs, and I really don't like bombchu bowling.

EDIT: I'd also like some help on the gainer. Link always goes backwards even when I perform a backflip that isn't in Z-Target mode.
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #451 on: February 18, 2012, 03:45:27 AM »

I know everyone knows about Bomb Hovers, but I found a very reliable way to pause buffer one. Obviously, this is only useful if you don't have a wall or the Hover Boots. This works the same way for both Child and Adult Link.

1. Stand completely still and pull out a bomb and wait until it turns red the 7th time. This includes the time right before the bomb starts blinking faster.
2. Advance frames until the bomb turns blue.
3. On the blue frame, hold R and down on the control stick.
4. Advance more frames until the bomb is at Link's feet. It should be red by this time (big and blue as Adult Link).
5. Backflip.

Video

Note that this one a frame of leeway sometimes. If you accidentally waited until the bomb was a frame below Link's feet and backflipped, it may work, but in some cases you'll get hurt by the explosion. Also, if you accidentally went to the 2nd frame the bomb was blue, wait until the bomb is one frame above Link's feet and backflip; it just might work.

I know other methods of hovering (sideflip bombchus, etc) are quicker, but this one has served me the best in many challenge runs, and I really don't like bombchu bowling.

EDIT: I'd also like some help on the gainer. Link always goes backwards even when I perform a backflip that isn't in Z-Target mode.

This has been known for a while, but this detailed description is really useful for anyone who doesn't know.

As for the gainer, you need to press Z and forward on the frame after you've released Z. That is, Z should only be un-pressed for 1 frame. It's a bit tricky to get the timing. It's also completely useless in OoT (and only marginally useful in MM), so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #452 on: February 18, 2012, 08:16:48 PM »

I'm new here, and I've just started TASing OOT and MM, but I cannot for the life of me do the Bomb Slide. I've tried for hours and the best I could achieve was activating a different glitch attempting this one. The TASVideos page is rather useless to me, so can somebody please explain how to do this?

Thanks
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #453 on: February 18, 2012, 09:21:42 PM »

I'm new here, and I've just started TASing OOT and MM, but I cannot for the life of me do the Bomb Slide. I've tried for hours and the best I could achieve was activating a different glitch attempting this one. The TASVideos page is rather useless to me, so can somebody please explain how to do this?

Thanks

Sheild drop a bomb roll and then backflip and then wait until the second red flash of the 6th flash and then mash a until you get the superslide.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #454 on: February 19, 2012, 12:39:57 AM »

Sheild drop a bomb roll and then backflip and then wait until the second red flash of the 6th flash and then mash a until you get the superslide.

Finally got it! Thanks a lot!

And one more thing:

For the Super Backflip thing with the Superslide, does there need to be a couple seconds of waiting before the backflip can be done? I tried doing one kind of close to an edge, and link just fell off and grabbed the ledge no matter what combination I tried. Do I have to wait until the Action Icon starts changing?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 02:12:27 AM by Hornlitz » Logged
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #455 on: February 19, 2012, 03:40:36 PM »

Actually, I can't even get the Mega Flip at all... Again, the TASVideos page isn't helping me, and also a video I watched on Youtube didn't appear to explain it right...
So can someone help me again and explain this one?

Thanks again.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #456 on: February 19, 2012, 07:44:16 PM »

Are you playing on PAL? If not, you can try the common method. Backflip and immediately shield drop a bomb. Roll right when the bomb explodes, holding R, and hold back on the control stick and keep mashing A.
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #457 on: February 19, 2012, 08:01:47 PM »

Actually, I can't even get the Mega Flip at all... Again, the TASVideos page isn't helping me, and also a video I watched on Youtube didn't appear to explain it right...
So can someone help me again and explain this one?

Thanks again.

You can get a distance megaflip by rolling 6 frames before the big blue flash and then holding back 3 frames before link's sheild gets hit and then pressing a 3 frames after.
Smoom
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #458 on: February 19, 2012, 09:40:20 PM »

I'm trying to learn to TAS oot but lots of things are going wrong. I have Mupen64-rr and a OoT rom but I don't know how to run a savestate/save what I do...etc...lol. Is there something someone can link me to to get started?
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #459 on: February 20, 2012, 04:20:01 AM »

You can get a distance megaflip by rolling 6 frames before the big blue flash and then holding back 3 frames before link's sheild gets hit and then pressing a 3 frames after.

Thanks again! Works like a charm now!
Bellucian
Deku Scrub

« Reply #460 on: February 20, 2012, 04:28:18 AM »

Hi guys, i'm new to speedrunning OoT and I just have a couple of questions

1. Is there a video somewhere that explains how to do the BotW Skulltula vine clip?
2. Is it impossible/am i hitting start to fast for pause buffering(i'm using Project64) or is this just a known issue with the emulator? 
3. Am I better off going on the VC version?

Thanks heaps Cheesy
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #461 on: February 20, 2012, 01:42:47 PM »

Hi guys, i'm new to speedrunning OoT and I just have a couple of questions

1. Is there a video somewhere that explains how to do the BotW Skulltula vine clip?
2. Is it impossible/am i hitting start to fast for pause buffering(i'm using Project64) or is this just a known issue with the emulator? 
3. Am I better off going on the VC version?

Thanks heaps Cheesy

1. I find Link98's channel good: http://www.youtube.com/user/Link98OoT?ob=0
2. It's a known issue, but it's fixed in project64 1.7 I think. There mightbe some plugins you can use but I'm not shure.
3. Adarax handles fine on emulator but personally I couldn't run anything but 64 or VC

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #462 on: February 21, 2012, 11:35:05 AM »

Sorry for doubleposting but I have a question of my own.

Could someone please describe the approximate time to press A with the new FW warp after stepping into a blue warp? I got it about 2 out of 5 times yesterday when just pressing randomly... I could research it on an emulator or something but it'd just take a lot of time so answers would be appreciated Smiley

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
DLH112
Deku Scrub

« Reply #463 on: February 21, 2012, 05:17:35 PM »

it's when the screen starts fading to white. I believe you have a window of about a whole second.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #464 on: February 21, 2012, 09:29:53 PM »

No, it's blue warp dependent. Deku Tree portal has a huge window of opportunity, but dc/fire temple are frame perfect.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: