ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:01:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930205 times)
Luke
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #435 on: January 24, 2012, 12:20:37 AM »

Is there anyway to get both mirror shield and silver gauntlets as child link? As far as I know, you can get silver gauntlets normally, but in order to get the mirror shield you would have to steal a key from the child side of the temple, which would mean no silver gauntlets. And you can't hover to the mirror shield from the silver gauntlets chest.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #436 on: January 24, 2012, 12:27:38 AM »

you can't hover to the mirror shield from the silver gauntlets chest.
False actually, there are many ways to get to the Mirror Shield as a Child, even without Hovering (which you can do from DC) Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr8XPoS3IR0

Should help =)

Luke
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #437 on: January 24, 2012, 12:34:02 AM »

Well I've hovered over there before, just thought you had to have an extra key.
and what is DC?
EDIT: nevermind, figured out you have to hover up there two times, the first time so you can jump to the hand and play zelda's lullabye. but still out of curiosity, how do you set up a hover as child link from the outside, to get to the mirror shield?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:11:39 AM by Luke » Logged
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #438 on: January 24, 2012, 02:38:34 AM »

Well I've hovered over there before, just thought you had to have an extra key.
and what is DC?
EDIT: nevermind, figured out you have to hover up there two times, the first time so you can jump to the hand and play zelda's lullabye. but still out of curiosity, how do you set up a hover as child link from the outside, to get to the mirror shield?

Here's a way to hover to the mirror shield as child http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh_Pl9Hzw_I.  Its a massive and difficult hover so I don't suggest trying it. 

And DC stands for desert colossus in this case, but it usually refers to dodongos cavern.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Staarree
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #439 on: January 24, 2012, 08:35:43 AM »

Im plannin to start speedrunnin OoT, any good advices where to start?
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #440 on: January 24, 2012, 04:34:21 PM »

Im plannin to start speedrunnin OoT, any good advices where to start?

Forest escape, Door of time skip and early bombchus are very helpful
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #441 on: January 24, 2012, 08:48:08 PM »

Child Dungeons and learning the fastest routes to them.

This should also help, it's aleckermit's OoT Speedrunning 101: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFhDz-3wr3k

weonx
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #442 on: January 29, 2012, 09:34:03 PM »

does anybody know where i can get zelda jap wad? and how i can istall it? i hear people say that u dont install it normally like u do with any other wad. please clarify this if u know the answer.

thanks in advance.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #443 on: February 08, 2012, 12:42:23 AM »

does anybody know where i can get zelda jap wad? and how i can istall it? i hear people say that u dont install it normally like u do with any other wad. please clarify this if u know the answer.

thanks in advance.

OoT is called Zelda No Densetsu: Toki no Okarina in Japan. I don't know how much more I'm allowed to say other than you have to region change your wii.

I  have a question on the Bridge Megaflip.
(One of the) used help vid's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeyLf8br3eg&feature=related

My attempt:
http://www.twitch.tv/primat91/b/307864034

I've done several variations and tried for about 3 hours. I get this result or grab the ledge with some methods. When I actually do megaflip I won't reach... Any tips on this?

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #444 on: February 08, 2012, 02:07:44 AM »

OoT is called Zelda No Densetsu: Toki no Okarina in Japan. I don't know how much more I'm allowed to say other than you have to region change your wii.

I  have a question on the Bridge Megaflip.
(One of the) used help vid's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeyLf8br3eg&feature=related

My attempt:
http://www.twitch.tv/primat91/b/307864034

I've done several variations and tried for about 3 hours. I get this result or grab the ledge with some methods. When I actually do megaflip I won't reach... Any tips on this?
You need to shield drop the bomb immediately so that it lands a bit to the side.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #445 on: February 08, 2012, 10:36:26 PM »

You need to shield drop the bomb immediately so that it lands a bit to the side.

I got it Cheesy! Thank you

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
SnowMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #446 on: February 10, 2012, 06:29:47 PM »

Anyone see this guy around before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZjH0E0ra6o&feature=g-u-u&context=G23b186aFUAAAAAAAUAA

Some pretty impressive stuff.
Eryth
Deku Scrub

« Reply #447 on: February 12, 2012, 10:13:34 PM »

Door of Time skip issues.
No doubt its been referenced time and time again, but I can't figure out what's wrong.

I'm using OoT disc which contains the master quest. But not playing on master quest version.

I backflip into the corner. C-UP to align myself up with the angle. Hold Z while in C-UP to keep the angle.
I do the slight tilt into the corner with the control stick to start a sideways roll, then mash A and move the control stick into the diagonal corner to get the side jump.
I clip through. I pause buffer (not touching any other buttons) until link disappears from view, but he does not make a sound.
I press pause, then hold left and mash the B button. Still holding left all the while.

Yet for whatever reason, he keeps popping out on the wrong side of the door. Why does this keep happening if I'm pause buffering for the perfect frame, I get the angle to clip through, and I keep holding left on the control stick? I have done this roughly 40-50 times with the same result. I have hard time thinking I'm getting that "false frame" 40 times in a row.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #448 on: February 12, 2012, 10:34:54 PM »

You should also be holding left after the sidehop before you clip, as well as after clipping.  If you're doing that and you still can't make it, I'm not really sure why it wouldn't work.  Can you make a video?

Eryth
Deku Scrub

« Reply #449 on: February 13, 2012, 07:36:53 AM »

That was my issue apparently. I was not holding left throughout the pause buffering.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: