ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 09:07:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930099 times)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #390 on: November 06, 2011, 12:59:32 AM »

So I created a randomly generated OoT save, and in order to beat it I need to get one arrow somehow.  The hookshot was already taken, so I needed an alternative way in. Bombchus appear to be impossible to obtain while an item is already in their slot. I had a lot of bombs, but no bomb bag/bombs, so I tried RBAing them. I empty bottle rba'd with cojiro, and full bottle rba'd with bombs, but I couldn't get bombs from Dampe pots on the right side.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #391 on: November 08, 2011, 09:49:34 AM »

to trigger bomb drops, you need to fill the bombs slot with something. it can be anything. RBA should put a bottle in the bomb slot when you RBA with bombs on C-right. make sure you have a valid bomb bag too (can be RBAed too)
(i know because i was the one who discovered this back then)

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
zeldazoneman
Regular Guay

« Reply #392 on: November 09, 2011, 11:11:10 PM »

tas question:
 how do i do an analog slide?
Amphorce
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #393 on: November 15, 2011, 09:44:10 PM »

Hey, ive been having trouble doing the isg bridge skip. I can get the dot to appear to grab on to the other side, but im having trouble grabbing the bridge after i hook across. Is there a way to consistantly do so?
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #394 on: November 18, 2011, 10:10:52 PM »

Hey, ive been having trouble doing the isg bridge skip. I can get the dot to appear to grab on to the other side, but im having trouble grabbing the bridge after i hook across. Is there a way to consistantly do so?

Whether you grab or not is a bit random. I like to aim as high and right on the post as possible while seeing the red dot, then inch downwards with my aim until it connects. As you get pulled across you can hold up-right on the control stick and then mash Z repeatedly, sometimes Link will angle to the right and grab the bridge just as he begins to fall.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
TomNook120
« Reply #395 on: November 19, 2011, 07:33:37 PM »

I know this is not a trick question but

What's the world record for real time MQ? I'm looking for both AllTemples and Major Skips allowed
Link98
Regular Guay

« Reply #396 on: November 22, 2011, 09:18:18 PM »

Cosmo owns the record by default, I believe, because he's just about the only one who's actually posted a time. Somewhere around the 4 hours mark rings a bell, but he may have destroyed that in a subsequent attempt.
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #397 on: November 25, 2011, 12:05:32 AM »

Hmm, does anyone have any tips for 3-4 heart bongo bongo? Seems fairly randomish to me, like im hoping he doesnt swipe or something...
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #398 on: November 25, 2011, 12:16:43 AM »

Hmm, does anyone have any tips for 3-4 heart bongo bongo? Seems fairly randomish to me, like im hoping he doesnt swipe or something...
When the cutscene is ending and you're about to gain control, hold down.  This makes the hands not go behind you.  Now target one of them and quickly stun it, and after that you should have enough time to also stun the 2nd.  He usually wont do a swipe with this strat, but when I do it he usually misses if he does do a swipe.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
RattleMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #399 on: November 25, 2011, 01:40:11 AM »

What I like to do is unique and does not use the Bow or Hookshot at all, but gives you 100% certainty that Bongo Bongo will not hit you. Here’s a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3AzqSlX4pg

As soon as the battle begins, back up as ZFG said. You probably want to be around here:

(look at Link’s shadow compared to where the seams meet in the middle of the drum)

Let Bongo Bongo bounce you in the air. As soon as his last bounce is about to hit, roll forward. You’ll fly into the air, but the momentum will carry you pretty far forward as well. As soon as you land, Bongo Bongo will be coming at you with his hands. Roll forward once. This will get you out of the way of every attack except for the overhead swipe. If the swipe happens, simply crouch and it’ll go right over you.

As soon as you’re clear of his hands, attack one (or both of them in the case of the clap attack), then attack the other as it returns to its starting position. Once both are stunned, you can either prepare ISG or a spin attack (as I show in the video. The first one is without magic [this was a low% file from few years back], then I enable an infinite magic cheat to show how the spin attack with magic works, then a magic jar collection causes the magic to disable again due to the infinite magic cheat interfering).

I show ISG in my last round with Bongo Bongo in the video. Feel free to shove in a jumpslash wherever you feel like it, likely after stunning the second hand.

Overall, it’s probably a little slower, but much easier on the nerves.
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #400 on: November 25, 2011, 12:22:47 PM »

Wow, thanks a lot, I wasn't expecting such detailed responses. I'll definitely give this stuff a shot on my next practice run. Smiley
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #401 on: December 07, 2011, 12:30:03 AM »

Not sure if I should be asking this here, also sorry if I am spamming this thread too much. xD

If I were to make the MST route on the site marathon-safe (only get one shot at it, no restarts), would getting Goron Tunic and doing 4-cycle Volvagia be the correct decision? The way I see it this guarantees me arrows for trials and lets me skip some extra HCs (spirit comes to mind). On top of that 3-cycle seems pretty luck-based and it's a big detour if I mess that up. It seems pretty logical to me but I just wanted to put it out there and see what other options I have.
Link98
Regular Guay

« Reply #402 on: December 07, 2011, 01:55:47 AM »

You'd typically get a bottle + fairy instead of tunic, but otherwise yes, slow strats for Volvagia if you're that keen on saving arrows. You can buy more from the scrubs in Ganon's Castle, though.
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #403 on: December 07, 2011, 02:54:24 AM »

I considered kak bottle but I thought the time difference to tunic was negligible? The real problem is not dying to Volvagia though, I am less concerned about arrows but decided it was a bonus if I'm gonna commit to a 4-cycle anyway.
Just to clarify: Is my assumption that you -have- to 3-cycle volvagia to survive without tunic/fairy correct?
Link98
Regular Guay

« Reply #404 on: December 07, 2011, 03:16:40 AM »

Your assumption is correct. I read recently that if you're on JP, the time difference between tunic and bottle is fairly negligible, so bear that in mind.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: