ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:54:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930176 times)
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #375 on: October 05, 2011, 03:18:50 AM »

So, I got my xbox360 wireless gaming receiver the other day, and I've noticed a problem. No matter what I map the keys to, I am unable to hold Z and press any other button! It is the same whether I use the keyboard or controller, and also the same if I use pj64 or mupen. This pretty much makes it so I can't do any tricks, has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it? Thanks

EDIT it's only when I press z and r at the same time. They cancel each other out

Windows maps the L and R triggers on the 360 controller to an axis, making L and R at the same time the same as neutral (nothing being pressed). The easiest solution is to map Z to the left bumper instead of the left trigger.

There might be a way to reconfigure the 360 as a different kind of Windows gamepad, but I never looked much into it since the other solution works fine.
markallen1988
Regular Guay

I...I shall consume. Consume...Consume everything.

Email
« Reply #376 on: October 07, 2011, 04:36:30 AM »

Windows maps the L and R triggers on the 360 controller to an axis, making L and R at the same time the same as neutral (nothing being pressed). The easiest solution is to map Z to the left bumper instead of the left trigger.

There might be a way to reconfigure the 360 as a different kind of Windows gamepad, but I never looked much into it since the other solution works fine.

Thank you, that did the trick! DoT skip is really easy with the 360 controller compared to on Gamecube. I haven't tried anything else yet. Having a hard time finding the right a, b and c button placement too.

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #377 on: October 08, 2011, 06:30:39 AM »

I have a logitech Dual Stick controller that I use for playing the 64. It's layout is nearly identical to the 360, other than the position of the left joystick.

What I did for my controller layout was that i simply mapped A, B, C-left, C-Down to the face buttons as they would be on a N64 controller. I have C-Up mapped to one of the Right triggers (in this case you should map the L button to the L trigger and the Up button to the Right trigger as these are never pressed at the same time). For C-Right, I just map it to the Right D-pad, but you can stick it anywhere really.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
zodiac
Regular Guay

« Reply #378 on: October 14, 2011, 12:46:26 PM »

so ive been trying to learn mirror shield from outside using a bean (since im interested in master quest mst at the moment) and i was wondering if there were any better setups than this one

this is what ive been using: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WF5oLn_sdk

i can only ever land on the seam using this like 20-30% of the time, and i cant really tell where im going wrong (when i backflip maybe? when i let go of down?)

just wondering if there was any better setup known since its been nearly a year since this video was made
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #379 on: October 14, 2011, 02:01:45 PM »

so ive been trying to learn mirror shield from outside using a bean (since im interested in master quest mst at the moment) and i was wondering if there were any better setups than this one

this is what ive been using: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WF5oLn_sdk

i can only ever land on the seam using this like 20-30% of the time, and i cant really tell where im going wrong (when i backflip maybe? when i let go of down?)

just wondering if there was any better setup known since its been nearly a year since this video was made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-hNHUFB2K8

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #380 on: October 18, 2011, 02:48:05 AM »

So the GS in zora river. The one you megaflip off of to skip the boulders. I did a roll, and I slid forward and cliped underground and it was weird.. Is that the weird slide? Or what?

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
<CHC> stonenot at least I can DoT skip
|<--   stonenot has left irc.speeddemosarchive.com (Quit: Leaving)
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #381 on: October 18, 2011, 12:50:28 PM »

Yeah, that's a weird slide. For more info: http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/misc/weird-slide

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #382 on: October 30, 2011, 11:55:42 AM »

Hey there, I'm relatively new to these parts. I've been lurking and learning for a while but never really felt the need to post.
Now I haven't had any real trouble learning anything thus far (given some thought into the mechanics behind a given trick), but I do have a couple of questions:

1. When trying to sideroll sidehop to the left, why does it sometimes roll right despite me blatantly biasing the stick left (I looked at the controller as I pressed A to make sure it didn't just "feel" left)? Link is backed up against a wall ala DoT skip if it makes any difference.

2. Why are guays so fucking stupid? Guay management is the real hardest part of mirror shield from outside srsly...
Link98
Regular Guay

« Reply #383 on: October 30, 2011, 12:10:10 PM »

1. That happens when you try to roll too soon after the backflip. It's intensely annoying, but just give Link a bit of a pause after the backflip and he'll roll the direction you actually inputted.

2. Guays...
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #384 on: October 30, 2011, 02:44:04 PM »

I'm not your buddy guay!

I'm gay
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #385 on: October 31, 2011, 09:47:11 AM »

lololol dem guays
i now fully appreciate every check for them I see in runs haha
MrGrunz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #386 on: October 31, 2011, 09:57:30 PM »

Guays are da best:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL8XryezIYA
oligi3008
Regular Guay

« Reply #387 on: October 31, 2011, 10:44:20 PM »

They were put there on purpose for Guay Hover.  Grin

Before you save the world, kiss the princess or you might regret it.
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #388 on: November 03, 2011, 04:52:25 PM »

Hmm, another question: why do rolls go very little forward sometimes, like practically not forward at all? Happens to me occasionally when I go to superslide. :/
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #389 on: November 03, 2011, 06:25:18 PM »

Can anyone provide me with detailed instructions on how to do a gainer? I know it's not the most useful thing in OOT, but whenever I try doing it I always go backwards.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: