ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:58:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930336 times)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #360 on: September 24, 2011, 08:17:14 PM »

That doesn't make much sense though, because there wouldn't be a saved flag that flips whenever the web itself is loaded.

The only thing that would possibly flip on entering the room would be the bit that updates the map screen.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #361 on: September 24, 2011, 09:56:21 PM »

I've been working on my low % MST run and can't do the Silver Block Skip with only two Bombchus. What I'm referring to is over here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQGPRbmykHc

I have the angle and frames buffered correctly, but I just don't clip in no matter what I do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 10:13:42 PM by Kimimaru » Logged
Windmill
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #362 on: September 24, 2011, 11:05:18 PM »

That doesn't make much sense though, because there wouldn't be a saved flag that flips whenever the web itself is loaded.

The only thing that would possibly flip on entering the room would be the bit that updates the map screen.
Thats what I thought. Yet, I'm doing everything exactly the same... but the web is loading almost immediately. In the past, I could flip down to B1, and just stand there holding Z. If I did that and didn't move within sight of the web, it wouldn't load at all. It only loaded when the camera panned over to it. Yet this time, it is loading extrordinarily fast. However, I did save really fast after breaking the web, so not sure on that one.

Regardless, I'm going to retry the deku tree up until that point since we can use different save states/files as long as each segment starts the same Smiley I will let you know what I find. Thank you for your help Smiley

Also, does anyone know a good method for lighting the deku stick once you're down on B1? If I jumpslash and hit the fire on the torch, 70% of the time it lights the deku stick.

EDIT: Here, I set up two different saves, and here were the results I got.

Situation 1
In this file, I jumped through the web then immediately saved. So I then tried to do the mega sidehop below when I reloaded the game. However, every single time, the web loaded immediately. View the video HERE. Note: I don't walk because my controller won't let me walk (lul).

Situation 2
In this file, I backflipped off the web. I then did the mega sidehope. In this file, I could backflip like I could before into the B1 web. You can view the video HERE.

So I supose that is my lesson learned. If the B1 area ever loads, then for some reason, it'll load faster every. single. time. The only way to be sure you will be able to backflip into the second web is to never let it load. And to do that... backflip Tongue so I am going to cut my Deku Tree section into three sections now that I know this, since I'm not pro in the slightest. 1st segment: get slingshot. 2nd segment: backflip off of the web. Third segment: mega sidehop, gohama.

EDIT: I made a NEW save and I backflipped off of this one. The basement is STILL loading fast! By SAVING the game, the game is loading B1 very fast. So you have to backflip and THEN do the sidehop then, is what my research is telling me.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:47:22 AM by Windmill » Logged
zeldazoneman
Regular Guay

« Reply #363 on: September 25, 2011, 03:32:51 AM »

just a stupid and easy to answer to answer question, how do i get a emulator?(i think that`s easy)
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #364 on: September 25, 2011, 04:47:00 AM »

just a stupid and easy to answer to answer question, how do i get a emulator?(i think that`s easy)
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nintendo+64+emulator

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
zeldazoneman
Regular Guay

« Reply #365 on: September 25, 2011, 02:38:54 PM »

thanks!
zeldazoneman
Regular Guay

« Reply #366 on: September 28, 2011, 02:08:18 AM »

what is the best emulator for TAS speedruns and how do you do a endless superslide?I CANT FIGURE IS OUT  Angry  Cry
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #367 on: September 28, 2011, 03:01:18 PM »

Mupen 64 with re-recording and tas input and hold slightly down on the stick after a superslide and let go of z then when your angle is right repress z
Thijmen
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #368 on: September 28, 2011, 06:07:17 PM »

Hey guys, I'm new to glitching, and I  need a little help! I've been through with botw early dot skip etc etc, but theres 2 things that i cannot really do too good.
After the vine clip, i land in the water, i almost always fall out of the water so right now i do it the old way, but how do i z target to swim in the water the right way? (waiting to see the water makes it too slow so i cant make it to the room.

Bombchu megaflip on console, ive tried: black/purple frame before 8th flash shield + roll and backflip when link is about to take out his shield.
i tried waiting for 9th frame then shield drop roll and backflip but no luck either. Who can help, i also watched tutorials on youtube.

Thanks,

Thijmen

EDIT:

I have tried it on an emulator and it worked about 50% of the time, i think i might have PAL version of oot (i live in the netherlands so thats pal region) on what frame do i roll to get the bombchu megaflip, actually, can i even do the bombchu megaflip?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 06:26:17 PM by Thijmen » Logged
Link98
Regular Guay

« Reply #369 on: September 28, 2011, 06:45:22 PM »

1. The way I do it is hold nothing during the clip and as soon as I land in the water I flick down left then Z target. This points you in pretty much the right direction and you can make fine adjustments as you swim forwards and can see the water above you. 

2. You're correct - you are on PAL which is why the standard frames are not working. I'm not sure what you can do about it short of switching to NTSC. Someone else may be able to give you a more detailed answer. As far as I know it's due to the underlying mechanics behind the way Link shields damage... Or something.
Amphorce
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #370 on: October 02, 2011, 11:22:40 PM »

Is it possible to do an ocarina dive or navi dive in zoras domain to the underwater door that takes you to lake hylia? I want to know so i can plan my any% route.
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #371 on: October 02, 2011, 11:42:58 PM »

I don't think either of those are possible, but you can jumpslash out of bounds and swim to the loading zone, as shown in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_EouEjuj6E&list=FLeXfxAI74Iy1W8_2P8Shd9w&index=32

Amphorce
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #372 on: October 02, 2011, 11:52:37 PM »

Thank you, that will be faster than getting the silver scale.

Edit: im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i want some feedback on my any% route, well just the child section as of now.

-Seg1
Intro
-end
-Seg2
Kokiri Sword
Aquascape
Cuccoo bottle
-end
-Seg3
Aquascape
Magic Bean
Cuccoo Into Zoras Domain
OoB to Lake Hylia
Plant Magic Bean
-end
-Seg4
Aquascape
DoT Skip
-end

Im getting the magic bean because im not doing the tektite hover for my first semi-serious run, and since i plan on skipping the ocarina, scarecrows song to the fishing hole wont work. I plan on getting the hylian shield at the graveyard and bugs there as well. I also am planning on getting the hookshot to do an isg-bridge skip. Im not sure if the isg bridge skip is easier than the megaflip.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:20:39 AM by Warburner87 » Logged
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #373 on: October 04, 2011, 04:21:17 PM »

The route most people use is below. I'd suggest using it because it looks faster than your route.

-Sword
-Aquaescape
-Get cucco from bottom of zora's river and buy bean
-Past waterfall
-Get Silver Scale
-Warp to Lake Hylia and get Ruto's bottle and plant bean
-Warp back to Zora's Domain and show the bottle to King Zora
-Go down the river to the castle

markallen1988
Regular Guay

I...I shall consume. Consume...Consume everything.

Email
« Reply #374 on: October 04, 2011, 06:05:49 PM »

So, I got my xbox360 wireless gaming receiver the other day, and I've noticed a problem. No matter what I map the keys to, I am unable to hold Z and press any other button! It is the same whether I use the keyboard or controller, and also the same if I use pj64 or mupen. This pretty much makes it so I can't do any tricks, has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it? Thanks

EDIT it's only when I press z and r at the same time. They cancel each other out
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 06:15:57 PM by markallen1988 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: