ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 09:47:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930119 times)
pivotguyDC1
« Reply #225 on: May 19, 2011, 01:23:02 AM »

For me slingshot/bow hover is the easier but sideroll hover goes way further.
You can also try bomb hover but it's a two times frame perfect trick.
If you have hover boots, just do it like in Majora's Mask, backflip->bombchu->shield or bomb->shield before explosion->backflip(with shield).
Thanks for that. I can get two bomb hovers in a row, but after that, i would have to slingshot/bow hover. Saves about 7 chus, and 10 seconds.
Timic83
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #226 on: May 23, 2011, 03:26:24 PM »

It seems unless I have rumble off, fishing is almost impossible... is this true?
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #227 on: May 23, 2011, 04:14:53 PM »

It seems unless I have rumble off, fishing is almost impossible... is this true?

Rumble doesn't affect the fish at all AFAIK.

Throw the lure near a fish, press A rapidly until it bites, hold down-left on the control stick + R + A until you get him.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #228 on: May 23, 2011, 08:12:45 PM »

I always held down-left too.
But does changing from down-left to down-right in the last reeling phase makes the fish catch easier?
I don't think so but I instinctively do it sometimes.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #229 on: May 26, 2011, 12:36:05 AM »

Found a more consistent way to hoverslide nd hit the loading zone for Deku Tree as adulr & just wanted to make sure it's new:
It's all the same until the hoverslide. When you get the superslide, equip hoverboots and hold right. As soon as you clip let go of R but keep holding L. As soon as you hear Link start to gasp, jumpslash and you should hit the loading zone every time.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
bobemmo
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #230 on: May 30, 2011, 10:44:53 PM »

Kind of a random question, but is there any way to permanently remove the master sword from your inventory so that you can't use it?  I was wanting to do a no sword run and it was going fine up until the part where I had to become an adult :\

I suppose I could just not press B, but it wouldn't really be the same.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #231 on: May 31, 2011, 12:34:45 AM »

Kind of a random question, but is there any way to permanently remove the master sword from your inventory so that you can't use it?  I was wanting to do a no sword run and it was going fine up until the part where I had to become an adult :\

I suppose I could just not press B, but it wouldn't really be the same.
Well, yes and no.  You will always be able to get the master sword back after deleting it and saving twice or going back in time, and you'll also always need it for ganon.  However, if you're using version 1.0, you can do the steal the rod glitch to get a deku stick on B and the master sword will not reappear on B unless you manually equip it.

Actually, if you never got kokiri sword as child, you can probably do another not very well known method for deku stick B.  If you go to lon lon ranch and pay to ride a horse, after the time is up you should have a deku stick on B.  Though again, if you're not on version 1.0, the master sword will be automatically reequipped after saving and quitting twice. 

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
bobemmo
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #232 on: May 31, 2011, 01:28:40 AM »

Yeah, I was asking because I remember hearing that it re-equips after a few save+loads.

Thanks though, I think I'll just be going with that horse riding method since it's nice and quick every time I need to redo it.   Unfortunately I don't have 1.0, so that's the best it's going to get.
ZeldaPlayer37
Deku Scrub

« Reply #233 on: June 03, 2011, 07:35:36 PM »

I remember on the old ZSR Door of Time skip page that it talked about pause buffering. Can someone please tell me what frame you are supposed to jumpslash on?
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #234 on: June 03, 2011, 08:00:35 PM »

There are 2 frames you can jumpslash on. Both look similar and in both, Link is out of bounds while the camera is not (it will look like he disappeared). Link gasps on the second frame, also the door is further to the right on the second frame. With practice, you'll learn to distinguish between them.

On the first frame, you want to jumpslash while holding left. On the second frame you want to jumpslash holding up instead. If the camera goes out of bounds with Link, you're too late and should probably JS and hold up to try and make it back in front of the door.

ZeldaPlayer37
Deku Scrub

« Reply #235 on: June 03, 2011, 08:28:56 PM »

When I jumpslash on the first frame, I get spit back out on the entrance side and when I so it on the second frame I fall down. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, are you supposed to let go of Z(L) or something?
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #236 on: June 03, 2011, 08:34:13 PM »

Make sure you're holding left for the jumpslash.  Also, the old site can still be viewed here until we complete the new site.  Take a look at the 2nd video on that page, it should help.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
ZeldaPlayer37
Deku Scrub

« Reply #237 on: June 03, 2011, 10:13:13 PM »

Thanks guys, I just got it!

EDIT: I am playing through the any% route and I got the Hookshot and then I saved and quit to get out. Now for some reason I can not equip my Hookshot to get into the Fishing Pond. I can equip the Pocket Egg and the bottle, but not the Fairy Ocarina of the Hookshot? Can someone tell me what I have done wrong?

EDIT 2: Thanks ZFG!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:56:20 AM by ZeldaPlayer37 » Logged
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #238 on: June 04, 2011, 12:21:59 AM »

Pause, have the cursor on the item screen, enter a new area, pause again and the cursor should start on hookshot.  Its a dumb inventory glitch that happens when you skip deku sticks.

Eryth
Deku Scrub

« Reply #239 on: June 04, 2011, 01:44:32 PM »

Is there a way to get the arrows for the light arrows without having to go through the forest temple to obtain the fairy bow?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: