ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 05:02:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 929792 times)
JRD05
« Reply #180 on: November 26, 2010, 05:55:09 PM »

Are you doing a low% run or a low% mst run?  Because in a low% segmented, you don't collect the hookshot, hoverboots, or bombs.  Instead, you megaflip across the gap by using a bombchu.  But yea, I think the easiest method to get across the bridge without Epona or the longshot is to hover boost.  I'm not much of an expert on the hookshot method. but my advice is to carefully watch the videos on the trick, pay close attention to Link's position, and try to replicate the videos as much as possible.       
Glozboy
Regular Guay

« Reply #181 on: November 29, 2010, 10:29:15 AM »

Thanks for the answer, JRD05. The Hover Boost worked.

I realised that I shouldn't have called it a Low% run. I'm basically seeing how low a percentage I can personally finish the game with as I'm new to Oot speedrunning. Sorry for any confusion caused.

I have one more problem. I didn't do Spirit Temple as a child (can't pull off the Cuccoo jump yet) so I left it out. I now have the Shadow Medallion as an adult but no other medallions. I got the Requiem of Spirit and headed back to the Temple of Time for the Prelude of Light but Shiek won't budge.

Do I now have to complete the Forest Temple to get the Prelude of Light? Would getting the Requiem of Spirit as a child have avoided this problem?

Thanks!

Currently playing: Ocarina of Time (GC)
Working on: No RBA/WW
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2010, 11:46:15 AM »

Do I now have to complete the Forest Temple to get the Prelude of Light? Would getting the Requiem of Spirit as a child have avoided this problem?

Yes, and yes.

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2010, 06:15:41 PM »

Learn the cucco jump and wasteland without LoT IMO, they're not that hard. Jiano has a video showing how to pause buffer the cucco jump, and MP16 has a video of how to cross the wasteland without LoT.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2010, 08:20:50 PM »

Or you could just do this which is easier than child spirit/getting prelude http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz1uAILmG1k .  If you don't have a shield you can jump onto the snake statue without a ground jump.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Glozboy
Regular Guay

« Reply #185 on: November 30, 2010, 01:06:05 PM »

I hadn't thought of trying to skip the block like that.

If I then complete the Adult Spirit Temple, will the Light Arrows scene activate when I return to the Temple of Time?

Thanks for the advice everyone, I really appreciate it!

Currently playing: Ocarina of Time (GC)
Working on: No RBA/WW
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #186 on: November 30, 2010, 04:19:26 PM »

If I then complete the Adult Spirit Temple, will the Light Arrows scene activate when I return to the Temple of Time?
Yes.  Only shadow and spirit medallions are required to activate the light arrow cutscene.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Captain Failcon
Deku Scrub

« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2011, 11:49:37 PM »

The new 100% route (giant's knife route) uses a trick to get to top of death mountain without explosives. How do I do it?

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2011, 11:59:12 PM »

The new 100% route (giant's knife route) uses a trick to get to top of death mountain without explosives. How do I do it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsVdhcUBe24

Its a fairly hard trick though.

Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #189 on: February 19, 2011, 08:59:12 PM »

Since I'm not a big OoT guy I figured I'd ask about this: I think I found a way to do ZR rock clip without the GS. It still requires an ESS, which you do with the water, but I think it might be a bit faster. Would it be any faster in a run that using the GS? Just wondering.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:56:12 PM by Razor7581 » Logged

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2011, 04:50:47 AM »

Since I'm not a big OoT guy I figured I'd ask about this: I found a way to do ZR rock clip without the GS. It still requires an ESS, which you do with the water, but I think it might be a bit faster. Would it be any faster in a run that using the GS? Just wondering.

If you don't need the shield to do it, then it could definitely be useful.  Even with the shield if it's faster then it's significant. Please do tell.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »

If you don't need the shield to do it, then it could definitely be useful.  Even with the shield if it's faster then it's significant. Please do tell.
Forgot to put the "think" in there. Anyway, you do it with a jumpslash into a WESS, and then follow up with angle change. Having a bit of trouble with it, but it's very close. Angle change is quite difficult on GCN so, it might take a while.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2011, 10:47:12 PM »

Glitchesandstuff tried that a while ago and it doesn't work. A normal WESS doesnt have enough speed to clip through the rocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwV0xqkFd4c

Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #193 on: March 16, 2011, 06:13:28 PM »

Long time lurker with a couple of questions.

I started a low% playthrough to get used to some of the harder tricks. Is there many changes to the route on the site? I noticed it was last updated in early 2010 so I wasn't sure if it's up to date or not.

Is there a single segment low% category? Hover boots would have to be added but I'm not sure what else would be changed if there was one.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #194 on: March 16, 2011, 06:24:59 PM »

Long time lurker with a couple of questions.

I started a low% playthrough to get used to some of the harder tricks. Is there many changes to the route on the site? I noticed it was last updated in early 2010 so I wasn't sure if it's up to date or not.

Is there a single segment low% category? Hover boots would have to be added but I'm not sure what else would be changed if there was one.
Well, deku sticks have been skipped since then, but it requires one of 2 very long and difficult hovers which I highly suggest not doing if you're a beginner.

There is a low% SS category and it does get hover boots, and hylian shield I think (can't go to desert for mirror shield).  Its not on the site because we're lazy, but soon we will be able to update the site much faster and easier so hopefully we can get it up.  I do suggest you get hover boots in your run as well because it is one of the hardest items to skip, mainly for spirit, but if you think you can do it, then go for it.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: