ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:05:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 914689 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« Reply #135 on: September 04, 2010, 12:33:29 AM »

Alright, the Reverse Bottle Adventure is pretty weird to me. I guess it will help after I play through it once. Thanks.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2010, 08:32:47 PM »

Anybody got any tips on forest temple BK skip? I'm having some difficulty with it.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #137 on: September 07, 2010, 12:47:49 AM »

Anybody got any tips on forest temple BK skip? I'm having some difficulty with it.

It's very easy.

Steps:
1. Align yourself into the railing corner.
2. Pull out the hookshot and aim just to the right of the doorway.
3. Hold Z and do a backflip
4. Immediately after triggering the backflip hit the hookshot button (this makes the backflip go shorter backwards).
5. After landing on the other side of the rail, walk left and then push A to drop from the ledge.
6. Align yourself with the stars and jump into the OOB area in the exact opposite direction of the stairs.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2010, 12:51:19 AM »

It's very easy.

Steps:
1. Align yourself into the railing corner.
2. Pull out the hookshot and aim just to the right of the doorway.
3. Hold Z and do a backflip
4. Immediately after triggering the backflip hit the hookshot button (this makes the backflip go shorter backwards).
5. After landing on the other side of the rail, walk left and then push A to drop from the ledge.
6. Align yourself with the stars and jump into the OOB area in the exact opposite direction of the stairs.
Thanks alec.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« Reply #139 on: September 08, 2010, 09:07:27 PM »

I know this may sound weird, but I can't get a superslide to save my life... Everytime I try I am either way too early or too late. Any tips?
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2010, 10:04:47 PM »

For people who can't do superslides consistently (like me), do a "nub superslide".

Basically, shield drop a bomb then sidehop and shield drop another. Back up a bit and roll forward into the second bomb as the first explodes and mash a. It's WAY easier but requires two bombs.

spasmodia
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #141 on: September 12, 2010, 02:53:43 AM »

Hi, I am doing the max% adult challenge, and I'm wondering if I might have fucked up my file:

In doing adult Deku Tree, I made the mistake of breaking the web and jumping down to B1, so now I can't unload the second web down there. Is it possible to break that web using another method? So far I've attempted to hover behind a torch (the one closest to the block you can push) and hit the web with a fire arrow, but I haven't had any luck with that method yet, because the torch seems to push me down and away when I get too close to it.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #142 on: September 12, 2010, 04:11:08 AM »

Backflip onto the chest with a heart in it near the torch and you should be able to shoot a fire arrow through the torch at the web.  Its a tricky shot because your elevation is just barely above the web, but its possible.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
spasmodia
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2010, 12:07:29 AM »

Worked perfectly, thanks!
glitchiegoomie
Regular Guay

« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2010, 04:45:37 PM »

When performing the Actor Overwrite Glitch in the Bottom of the Well to get the Bombchus early, how do you initiate the Walking While Talking trick?

Is there some way to get Navi to fly to the message on the wall in the main room, or do I just sit there like a chump until she wants to talk to me?

glitchiegoomie, Triforce Hunter
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2010, 08:03:21 PM »

Quote from: ZSR
There is a crawlspace here, crawl through it, and perform the Walking While Talking trick, only instead of talking, open the locked door.

On that note, there isn't another way to activate Walking While Talking that we know of. Navi won't talk to you while your in a dungeon, and I believe the message on the wall/green bubble is too far away from the tunnel to Z-Target and read

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2010, 09:36:55 PM »

That part is worded badly.  What it means is you need to quickly run over to the door and open it before the camera goes back to link instead of looking at the crawlspace.

You actually can do WWT with the sign on the wall, but it doesn't unload part of the room, its opening the door that does that.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
glitchiegoomie
Regular Guay

« Reply #147 on: September 18, 2010, 12:21:26 AM »

mzxrules and ZFG,

Thank you both for your sage advice.

glitchiegoomie, Triforce Hunter
Roehoer
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #148 on: September 18, 2010, 05:26:45 PM »

I have a question about the DoT skip.
I can clip through almost every time I try now, but I'm having trouble with the jumpslash.
I've gotten it on pc very often, but not on N64, so I tried pause buffering.
You need to press B the first frame link is OoB right?
But every time I do that I get back to the right side of the door.
I also tried holding left while pressing B, but still I have to wait for a tiny bit before pressing B.
If I let it go to the next frame I fall down..
What am I doing wrong?